Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ATTN : DISOBEY

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by zodiac ying, Apr 9, 2003.

1. zodiac ying

zodiac ying New Jack

Please explain yourself. "DISOBEY". Okay, then what?

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

no no no no, shut your cash hole.

3. villain

villain Veteran Member

I would dub this question, question of the millenium.
    What IS the plan of counterculture, resistive, idealist movements? Is there something we can do besides search through the crumbs and trash of this monstrous machine beast to feed our homeless and for clues as to expose the true nature of the beast? What does one do against an evil cabal that has the power to wage private wars, siphon money for lesser states, and oppress and destroy entire peoples and possibly the entire planet?
    Are we just going out there to wave signs so crooked reporters can spin it to make it look like a bunch of crazies trying to start a riot who should be tear gassed and beaten and thrown into jail?
    Are we going out there to defend the principles of democracy for nothing? Not a mere modicum of gratitude? Is a jaded and brainwashed populace going to march over the slightest poking of a head above the crowd to see what's really going on?
    So we disobey we get locked away. Our friends abandon us and dissassociate from us... we become one of the disinherited and disenfranchised and we merely gave the police something to do for a brief time. What does that solve us.
    Disseminating samizdat is worthless unless people are open to it. And sadly, most are not.
    Disobey and get labeled a leftist wacko and deal with the discrimination for a lifetime. Being a minority I have to deal with this type of discrimination regardless.
    Is there a time when the rationale of scientists will overtake the reigns of the avarice of businessmen?
    Is this all wishful thinking? Are those with the potential to make change too afraid to for fear of losing all they have worked for? Are those amongst us who have not significant power to make change lashing out and losing our lives for a lost cause?
    I've been fighting this war a long time. I was hoping maybe I could grow up and get out of it and live a quiet simple life like everyone else but I don't see things getting any better. Maybe they are but we have SUCH a long way to go. We may never make it in time.
    I hear the calls: "Organize, Unite, Stand up and Fight!" But are we just making a bigger target?
    The internet brought the promise of an awakened world, of global conciousness..... But I see that potential only being subverted for the vain quests of mammons materialism, lust, desire, greed. Instant gratification, they call it. Maybe there are those who are being awakened but at the same time targeted by ECHELON's of CARNIVORE's. Maybe we were better before when we were lost individual cells who would explode when the only thing holding our fragile reality together (like our job) was taken away. Can it be we are more powerful united as well as more vulnerable?
    Can we appeal to the humanity within those in power and hope they will listen, see, feel, understand, know us? Or are they too self involved with thier own distractions they created around them.
    Are the hopeful among us naive?
    Are the hateful among us redeemable?
    Is there a better way? Are we getting through to anyone, or are our cries falling on deaf ears?
    Maybe we are losing because noone really cares....

4. zodiac ying

zodiac ying New Jack

i know disobey will be back to promote himself. is this the giant guy? no disrespect to whoever it is, but please elaborate on this "DISOBEY" thing.

5. emit_df

emit_df Senior Member

6. metallix

metallix Elite Member

interesting. the line that makes reference to the distractions we surround ourselves with particularly appeals to me. otherwise i feel the author loses credibility when he/she makes reference to being a minority.

7. emit_df

emit_df Senior Member

just for the record.....we gave away a ton of shirts and stickers, and now we are only selling products to make back the money we spent on printing.
    it's not about the money, it's about the movement

8. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

I saw them all over Denver while I was ther

I think they idea/statement is pretty straightforward.

I dig it.

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Seriously though, quit it with the spamming, seems like every post (except one) is an ad... that doesn't fly here.

10. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

you and fairey both suck. end it.

11. E-DubleSkilZ

E-DubleSkilZ New Jack

12. zodiac ying

zodiac ying New Jack

fairey doesnt suck.

13. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

14. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

^^^^ hahah i get it faerie hahahaha!!

....... i read the new ish of juxtapoz...shepard looks clean like he showered and got raped buy a fashion salon... i'll never understand that whole exclusive art thing with the buyer and seller

15. villain

villain Veteran Member

i almost forgot about the giant "obey" paradigm. I keep forgetting the good things about life.
    I am seeing alot of schemes with "fag" and "rape" like it's some new hip trend.
    I'm going away now.