ATTN: CASEKONLY

S@T@N

I would've used email, but I'm sure there are other people who could

benefit from this info.

So my problem is I recently got a dvd burner and installed it, but I'm not

trying to rip and burn a regular movie. I'm trying to copy Family Guy

Vol. 2 for someone, and of course, it's set up with multiple episodes and

such. I haven't the slightest where to begin, and no tutorials I've read

touch on burning episodes instead of movies.

I ripped all of the files off the dvds using Smartripper. Then when I go

to use FlashMPEG, there isn't just one .ifo to pick... there's like 5. Please

help a brother out because I'm getting annoyed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok, yeah, i think maybe you should use nero or maybe dvd moviefactory made by ulead (kazaa) to burn episode by episode...or treat them as one whole movie...setting up the menu just like the one on the original disc...maybe...ulead makes another utility for the called...dvd workshop. more advanced then dvd moviefactory, but easy to use, nonetheless.

hope that helps.

one more thing..why are you using flask? are you makign a vcd or just trying to onvert the vob files over to mpg?

i'd think with ulead dvd moviefactory or workshop, you could just slap the vobs in...

dunno. anyway, the vob files are where it's at. if you really wanna get down to it, and make mpegs out of them, i'd try using flaskmpeg to convert the vob files to mpeg seperately, and then take each of those and drop it into dvd moviefactory (workshop) whatever...but maybe they can accept vob files...

oh yeah, there's also, dvd x copy or something...kazaa search for dvd in software...you'll find it. it'll straight up copy that shit for ya...peaz

The only reason I'm using FlaskMPEG is because I was following tutorials

for burning whole movies, which used DVD Decoder, FlaskMPEG, and

a DivX codec.

This is worthless... when I ripped the dvd, I got 7 large .vob's, which I

thought were the episodes... but that dvd has 8 episodes, and I don't

know what the fuck to think.

there are most likely two episodes on one of those vob files. try playing the vob files in your favorite dvd player in windoze.

play each of them, the largest probably contains two episodes. don't fret.

grab that dvd x copy thing off kazaa and give it a shot if nothing else works. or, or, or....just grab nero and copy the whole dvd, assuming that you have a large enough hard drive to handle the buffer thing.

like my tech lingo? heh.

hope that helps you out, man.

btw: the tutorials you were reading were for people converting their vobs to mpeg for file sharing and such. it reduces quality quite a bit...like going from cd to tape...

if you just want to copy the entire dvd, menu and all, use nero. if you want to make little seperate episodes, go about it like you were....

Archived