1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Attn: bicycle messengers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by alkaline, Jun 28, 2001.

1. alkaline

alkaline 12oz Elite Member

Attn: bicycle messengers

Discussion started by alkaline - Jun 28, 2001

Does anybody here have any advice on becoming a bicycle messenger? It’s something that I’ve been interested in for a while, but for some reason I haven’t done it. I just want to know the best way to go about getting a job as a messenger. Will a company hire a total rookie? What is the average pay (i.e. will I be able to pay my rent working as just a messenger, or should I stay at my current job and be a messenger part-time)? Are there any good links on the web to find out more info? Thanks in advance.

Al
    Some spies hide their bombs in books,
    Some spies code their secrets in songs.

alkaline - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. kid furie

kid furie 12oz Senior Member

kid furie - Replied Jun 28, 2001

--->devilush devilush devilush devilush devilush devilush devilush devilush

kid furie - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Jun 28, 2001

my bro did it for 1 day, he said it was hard as fuck, you need to be in goood shape, get up at 5am everyday. the pay is about 1.00 per delivery. so yea, i heard it really hard.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

HESHIANDET - Replied Jun 28, 2001

well now,
    the shitie companies will most defintely hire a total rookie. Thats the best way in, just go and apply at whoever is hiring in the paper. work hard and you can make ends meet. With time you will either figure it out and get good at it or you will quit. with even more time you start to make decent money.......whatever though, each city is a little different, and each company is a little different, so keep your ears open and see whats up. thwe place i work for pays me a 50-50 split on each job. some people get 60-40, some people make an hourly and get a buck or 2 per package.....read the topic "bicicletas" to hear some messenger complaints and whatnot......

5. alkaline

alkaline 12oz Elite Member

alkaline - Replied Jun 28, 2001

Thanks, HESHIANDET. I think there is only one messenger company here in town, so I guess I'll go see what they have to say.

alkaline - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. kg

kg New Jack

kg - Replied Jun 28, 2001

yo those guys are cool
    DOES ANYONE REMEMBER PUCK FROM THE REAL WORLD? that guy was a phuk lol

------------------
    im a dog and i piss with one leg up

kg - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. boxcarwilly

boxcarwilly 12oz Senior Member

boxcarwilly - Replied Jun 29, 2001

rookies... mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

i dunno know your city like a fiend... it sucks if you are on an interview and someone asks you where blah is and you respond uptown when it is downtown and you miss out on a good job *true story* or better yet start shitty get good work your ass off win some races and ride for a good company. thats key... and yeah dont get into the politics... but ride a cute bike at least thats it in the beantown it is very bike centered... i dunno blah yeah read bicicletas... and listen to your astrologer if he says to stop riding STOP.

boxcarwilly - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. curious george

curious george 12oz Senior Member

curious george - Replied Jun 29, 2001

get courier crisis on playstation. that shit is funny.

curious george - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

Devilush - Replied Jun 30, 2001

being a bike messenger is fucked if you are a rookie. you've got people down your throat, you're got other and older messengers making fun of you, and then you fuck up then they make fun of you even more. it's about earning respect. sure the companies would hire you but then again, they'd rather hire someone that has been in the game for a while, some one who can bust balls (ie my boyfriend). but being a rookie is hard. good luck though. i dunno much about your city. but here in sf, it's a tough story. fuck.....i miss this fucking board. fuck you guys. i'm kidding. hey if anyone is interested, i finished another issue. it's damn good. contact me...i'm around but not around if you know what i mean http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'>
    [email]devilush_hiss@hotmail.com[/email]
    fury....i still need to get in contact with you. i got so many projects happening and i also have some news for you. anyways, love you guys! and anyone who needs advice on shit or comming to the city, contact me you dorks!

Devilush - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages: