Attn: bicycle messengers

alkaline

Does anybody here have any advice on becoming a bicycle messenger? It’s something that I’ve been interested in for a while, but for some reason I haven’t done it. I just want to know the best way to go about getting a job as a messenger. Will a company hire a total rookie? What is the average pay (i.e. will I be able to pay my rent working as just a messenger, or should I stay at my current job and be a messenger part-time)? Are there any good links on the web to find out more info? Thanks in advance.

Al

Some spies hide their bombs in books,

Some spies code their secrets in songs.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

well now,

the shitie companies will most defintely hire a total rookie. Thats the best way in, just go and apply at whoever is hiring in the paper. work hard and you can make ends meet. With time you will either figure it out and get good at it or you will quit. with even more time you start to make decent money.......whatever though, each city is a little different, and each company is a little different, so keep your ears open and see whats up. thwe place i work for pays me a 50-50 split on each job. some people get 60-40, some people make an hourly and get a buck or 2 per package.....read the topic "bicicletas" to hear some messenger complaints and whatnot......

rookies... mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

i dunno know your city like a fiend... it sucks if you are on an interview and someone asks you where blah is and you respond uptown when it is downtown and you miss out on a good job *true story* or better yet start shitty get good work your ass off win some races and ride for a good company. thats key... and yeah dont get into the politics... but ride a cute bike at least thats it in the beantown it is very bike centered... i dunno blah yeah read bicicletas... and listen to your astrologer if he says to stop riding STOP.

being a bike messenger is fucked if you are a rookie. you've got people down your throat, you're got other and older messengers making fun of you, and then you fuck up then they make fun of you even more. it's about earning respect. sure the companies would hire you but then again, they'd rather hire someone that has been in the game for a while, some one who can bust balls (ie my boyfriend). but being a rookie is hard. good luck though. i dunno much about your city. but here in sf, it's a tough story. fuck.....i miss this fucking board. fuck you guys. i'm kidding. hey if anyone is interested, i finished another issue. it's damn good. contact me...i'm around but not around if you know what i mean http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'>

devilush_hiss@hotmail.com

fury....i still need to get in contact with you. i got so many projects happening and i also have some news for you. anyways, love you guys! and anyone who needs advice on shit or comming to the city, contact me you dorks!

Archived