Attn: All artistic types

CinchedWaist

Ok, here is the deal.

I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

I'm a procrastinator. I work well under pressure and tend not to work on projects until the last moment possible. Well, this has caught up with me this time and thats why I need your help.

There is this graffiti group in chicago. Except they don't do normal graffiti- they write YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL everywhere. Billboards, installations, stickers, everything. I really admire their work.

So I jumped at the chance when I heard they were giving out about 100 books for people to fill out. Taken from their website:

"Participant responds to the statements on the front & back cover.

As the books are filled, the line of distinction between 'You Are' & 'I Am' Blurs.

Currently there are 112 books circulating around the world."

Yes, around the world. I checked the list and its pretty neat.

Ireland, Germany, Lithuania, Norway...most are in the US though.

I got my book roughly in November. It is due back June 30. And of course I have not done anything in it yet. School has really taken over my life, leaving me hardly anytime for anything else.

This is where you guys come in (hopefully). I need you to help me fill this thing out. You can really do whatever you want. Paste in collages, pictures, draw, paint, whatever. The basis is to respond to the words "You are" "I am." Of course I'm going to give it to my friends and family, but I have my doubts about them filling enough pages. I want to do the first couple, after which I will pass it along. I already know what I want to do so I figure I'll finish before march 1.

So I need a list of all those who are down. I know there are an extreme number of creative types in channel 0, most of which I can trust. This will be similar to the postcard and camera thing, except with a book.

I forgot to mention there will be an exhibition of all books when we give them back. Not only will this be fun, but your work will be seen by a great number of people back in Chicago.

There are a few catches, however. Because this is time limited your time with the book will be limited. However many people want to do this will determine how long you get with the book. I figure i will try to give you a date for when the book has to go back out. Let your friends and family do stuff in it, whatever....but it will have to go out before or on the date I give you. I want to have the book back by May 1.

So whoever is down, let me know. Reply in this thread or email me:

cinchedwaist51@yahoo.com

I'm thinking that by Feb 23/24 I will put together the official list. You guys must email me with your address. Everyone will get an anonymous address of the person they are to send the book to when this thing gets rollin.

Another thing- please, please, please- if you are not serious about doing this then don't sign up. I remember with the Christmas postcards alot of people who said they would participate didn't get around to it. So if you don't think you'll be able to realistically finish a few pages or won't get the book out on time, don't do it.

Whoever participates will really be helping me out. Besides, it should be fun and your work will be seen by a whole mess of people at the exhibition. Thanks to all in advance who are down. :)

Here is their website for more info:

you are beautiful

go to collaberations/ you are i am/ 112 books circulating. Check out some of the sneak peeks. A few of them look really neat.

Let me know asap if you want to work on this. Thanks alot!

CW

stuff141.jpgstuff140.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a good amount of friends and family that can fill some stuff in. My boyfriend will do something, of course.

The real problem is the time. 200 something odd pages requires time and people. The time i'm short on so I really need some more people.

Plus, I'm excited about getting the book back with all kinds of creative surprises.

Plus, alot of channel zero people kick ass artistically speaking.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Feb 16 2005, 04:06 PM

Artistic? You mean, like, gay?

Welcome to The Artistic Island!

puerto_rico_small.gif

steve, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

i believe there is about 200 pages. 8 and a half x 11 pages. Like a standard black book.

Maximum number of pages? I guess about 3-4 pages per person. That means 3-4 pages for you, but if you want to let a friend do something, they can have 3-4 pages as well. As long as one person isn't hogging.

I'm putting blind faith in channel 0 that i'll get this book back.

let me know dlush. I would love to have you down. you too sugar- I could prob just meet up with you and exchange.

no problem...I edited as well.

do my multiple personalities count as different people?

I already have a plan...so it shouldn't take me long once I get the materials prepped.

In order for it to really work...I think everyone that does it should already know what they are doing. The PPA project is gonna take around a year to do and that was only 12 or so people.

ATTENTION CINCHED:

this probably is not going to work this way.

the poloroid pass around has taken OVER ONE YEAR to reach LESS THAN 10 TWELVE OUNCERS.

everyone will promise things that few can actually deliver, because things crop up in life.

shit cinched, you knew about this for a long time and look how long it took you to get it going.

while i'd love to help out, i know better.

passing a book around is too crazy to deal with by June..

you'd get through like...five people and a third of of em would put in some half ass crap

why don't you have people send stuff to you that you can paste into the book.

you could post progress shots on the site of stuff you'd glue in.

then you'd also have this interesting thing going on where you were participating in organizing and coalescing the work, which was created by many people.

\and, if someone does some crappy shit, you have veto power.

more work for you but ultimately, i personally think this is the ONLY way to do this.

i've been on this site for awhile now, i saw the 12oz blackbook project try and fail, i've seen what the PPa has gone through, i know quite a few peeps on the site, i know what to expect.

anyway, good luck.

i'd like to participate somehow, if you decide to still mail it around, i'm down.

I'm still going to mail it around.

We'll see what happens.

The only thing is that people must mail it out on time.

Even if they don't get the chance to do anything.

And i need it back within two months.

The thing i care about most is getting it back. Everything else doesn't matter so much.

people who aren't serious about doing it should not email me.

so symbols, if your still down email me with your addy. :)

how about, you CHOOSE a SMALL group of volunteers who will receive the book, with a STRICT deadline.

anyone else can send you stuff they would like to be put in the book

??

base your choices on geographical location (optimize mailing time), reliability, and accountability

just some suggestions.

i don't want my gurl to get shafted ;)

so what do you guys think?

Will you still be down, if, as symbols said,

you mail me your work?

It will have to be a maximum of 8 and a half by 11.

I will not censor anyone out, though, even if I don't really like it.

This will give everyone alot more time and alot less stress.

I still want those who will participate to email me so i can supply you with an address and know how many people i'm working with. I will also give you a deadline for when this has to get to me.

Also, those from chicago have the choice of meeting up with me and taking the book for a few days or mailing it to me like the rest.

thanks symbols.

no problemo cinchy.

i want this to work too.

if people are REALLY into it, they will do it either way, book or no, so this will be no big risk to you.

i will send you some stuff.

i'll do two pages, if it looks like not too many people are into it, i'll do 4

and btw.

it isn't about censoring.

i'm not that fucking highbrow, i'm a goddamn dirty graffiti writer.

sometimes people wanna smear some cat poo on a page and say they did their part. if everything goes in, junk and all, thats all good

yueah cinched, stay on dat azzzz