ATTN: 12oz CANADIANS

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by POIESIS@Nov 17 2005, 02:19 AM

i grew up on milk bagsz boye.

^stevefrench, is that powdered milk(shudder) or??

i've never seen it baggo'd with graphics and shit

on the actual sac...

ps-those areolas are crazy...

i don't think its powderd milk...i havent seen it in a bag with graphics on it before either...just in plain clear(or white) bags. my father insists on drinking powderd milk ( :yuck: ) and it doesnt usualy come in packages anything like that

Originally posted by ese@Nov 17 2005, 04:54 AM

its milk packaged in plastic bags. they make plastic jugs that you put the bag in and pour out of. its not even a canadian thing...nobody west of ontario seems to know about it.

here in america we have combined these two ingenious ideas to create the plastic milk jug :haha:

Originally posted by MAGS156+Nov 17 2005, 10:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAGS156 - Nov 17 2005, 10:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ese@Nov 17 2005, 04:54 AM

its milk packaged in plastic bags. they make plastic jugs that you put the bag in and pour out of. its not even a canadian thing...nobody west of ontario seems to know about it.

here in america we have combined these two ingenious ideas to create the plastic milk jug :haha:

[/b]

:haha: :haha:

Originally posted by leftandleaving+Nov 17 2005, 01:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leftandleaving - Nov 17 2005, 01:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Nov 17 2005, 06:36 PM

Why the fuck would you put non-powdered milk in a bag?

The idea sounds so incredibly stupid that it could only be Canadian in origin.

I'm guessing it probably makes it cheaper to transport. Also seems pretty environmentally friendly.

[/b]

It seems like it would be much more economical to have the milk in the plastic jugs we use in the states. Theyre packed and stacked that way and I dont think it's very likely that they break alot of those, I can see alot of these bags getting punctured and alot of loss of product going on though.

I also dont think that a plastic bag of the thickness needed to hold a liquid like that would be any more environmentally friendly than a jug. Both probably use the same amount of plastic roughly.

sealtest_family.jpg

That bag on the left contains smaller bags that you put into a plastic pitcher, of sorts, and cut the corner of the bag off to pour out milk. Like ese said.

I didn't realize that these things aren't all over the world. I just figured that Americans on TV drink from cartons because it's an easier prop to work with.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Nov 17 2005, 06:54 PM

It seems like it would be much more economical to have the milk in the plastic jugs we use in the states.

I hate to burst your american bubbles, but we do use 4L jugs (and 2L) of milk in canada as well. You can also buy the same size jugs of various juice flavours.

Hard to believe, but yes, we do live in the same modern times and enjoy the same luxuries you americans do. Who would have thought.