Attention Nerds study music wanted...

SilentBob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i honestly cant do homework without some sort of music on .. i need a constant distraction.. if i dont have anything on i find other things and every 5 minutes i get up and talk to my mom/read a mag/etc//

i study to music that i already know really well b/c i then i dont concentrate on the lyrics too much.. if its new music i spend too much time concentrating on the words...

personal favs:

a tribe called quest

dynospectrum

mars volta

ATDI

Liars

Le Tigre

etc

tereolab

brooklyn funk essentials

justice system

kruder & dorfmiester

theivery corporation

groove armada

roots manuva

minus 8

mr. scruff

king kooba

koop

mindbenders

jazzadelics

dj cam

dj krush

mark farina/mushroom jazz

king britt

andy smith

4hero

galactic

morcheeba

shit like that ...

i actually did this drawing where i wqas listening to a buncha shit, and kept writing random lyrics in the margins, intending to crop it later.... the ironic part was i was listening to mostly rap, and i was drawing a wrapped box

I cannot study with any sort of music or TV going on. I need silence. I prefer silence to almost all music even when I'm not trying to concentrate. When I do listen to music, I enjoy it immensely, and either do nothing else while listening, or draw, or look at flicks, or drive. I think I have the opposite of ADD, a distaste for more than one kind of input at a time, and a preference for long periods of no input at all.

I guess I'm off topic. I don't recommend any of my music (Slayer, Melvins, Tool, Helmet, etc.) for studying, it's too jarring and energetic.

thanks for the help guys.

Thus far Dj Shadow and RJD2 have held me down.

Tommorow I'll try on some stereo lab and brooklyn funk essentials .

:yum:

p.s. I'de also like to add that I don't care what anyone says "staying alive" by the bee gees is an awesome track. Disco Bob likes disco music

Archived