***ATTENTION MERO***

duh-rye-won

yo i just had a thought.

granted it's 10am and i'm hungover and i'm half asleep at work. you know when it's real late at night and you can't sleep but you're real tired and you have an idea that seems like a good idea and then you wake up the next day and think... "what in the fuck was i thinking?"

this might be one of those ideas.

but lemme get to the point.

the great PMB mentioned in the myspace thread that there were 38 guests in the thread? PMB was that true? what the fuck?

regardless if that was true or not...

Mero should have his own website. i'm serious. it;s probably been said before. i think i even said it before. but i'm saying it again... a website for doing exactly what he does in the myspace thread. i even showed that thread to some of my chinese friends in hong kong who only speak decent english, and they were ROLLING. shit would have worldwide appeal.

first of all, even without mero's commentary, it's like a "best of myspace" webpage. and not just myspace. whatever website people are posting pics of themselves on. people would look at this website even without funny commentary. even without a single word in the myspace thread, it would still be a good thread as a compilation of pics of morons, hos, etc...

but when you add mero's commentary.... how should i put this.... let me use a quote from a comment mero himself left on my myspace page:

"THE SHIT IS LIKE A BONUS...LIKE GETTING TO A PARTY WITH A 40 IN YOUR HAND AND THEN THERES MAD BEER AT THE PARTY ANYWAY, SO YOU PUT YOUR 40 IN THE FRIDGE UNTIL LATER AND GET SMASHED AND THEN WHEN THE OTHER BEER IS RUNNING OUT YOU TAKE YOUR 40 OUT OF THE FRIDGE AND YOU TAKE ONE SIP AND THE SHIT IS FROSTY COLD, THEN YOU SMASH THAT SHIT ON SOMEONES HEAD, GRAB ALL THE WEED OFF THE TABLE AND BOUNCE."

Mero. seriously. you have a talent. i honestly believe that you possess a skill for destroying people in a way that other people find entertaining.

i know you're a smart dude, and you already know this. but let me say it anyway. people pay to advertise on websites. if all this myspace and friendster shit has become such a big phenomenon, i really don't see why a webpage like this couldn't blow the fuck up.

you'd have different categories. ho's, fat girls, wannabe gangsters, hipsters.... you could even have guest "dissers". i think 26sided has proven himself to be worthy.

i can visualize the whole thing. and i think it would be dope.

alright. i'm goin on and on and not saying much.

what do you guys think?

Mero. it's time for you to take the hustle off the streets and into cyberspace.

make that money.

-GOOSE

one more thing. i'm serious about this. i could be willing to front the money to get this off the ground. if you're interested, i'll be in new york in july. we should talk about it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WhiteOx@Jun 2 2005, 03:19 AM

do you know how fired you'd be if you boss read that ?

me? my boss?

i already quit my job.

right now i have 2 things i want to do.

-go all city in hong kong before i move back to ny

-figure out a way to make money without sitting in an office

Originally posted by iquit+Jun 2 2005, 03:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iquit - Jun 2 2005, 03:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WhiteOx@Jun 2 2005, 03:19 AM

do you know how fired you'd be if you boss read that ?

me? my boss?

-figure out a way to make money without sitting in an office

[/b]

yeah, i dont know what i was thinking ..

you sitting at work doing absolutely nothing maybe?

alright cool. im glad everyone is down with my vision.

but how about some constructive criticism?

suggestions?

what are the problems we'll face?

how much loot did i just commit to fronting on a project like this?

i'm just the visionary entrepneur...

i don't know shit.

even if you like he idea, play devil's advocate...

Yes, there were 32 or however many guests in the thread. I asked that one of them register and tell us how they got to 12oz, as I doubt a huge swath of people just randomly wandered into that particular thread.

And fuck yes, goose, this is a good idea.

Initial problem is hearing from Mero, but I doubt he'd oppose it. Next is finding a good URL, seeing as though merospace.com is taken.

Re: cost, I'm sure it'd be cheap-ish, assuming the bandwidth would be relatively low-key to start off with. Anyone in here with experience in purchasing a URL and a hosting plan? I know some of you fuckers have websites.

And Mamz said he'd help set it up, so I say you take him up on it. He'd do a great job.

meroespace.com is available

thisaintsweet.com is available

thisaintheaven.com is available

knowyourrole.com isn't available

if you got someone who knows any html it shouldn't be hard to get started.

if it really gets off the ground. then you need some complex

coding. which im sure someone on 12oz can help with.

along with mero ripping people, he needs to shed some praise

on fine women, and some others. you need both just like

vice's do's and don'ts. iquit sounds like a good idea.

*edit- just saw PMB's post

i have a websited hosted on compugeeks.net

it usually costs $6-10 to buy the domain name

500 Mb Disk Space

10 Gb Monthly Bandwith

25 Email Accounts

10 FTP Accounts

$14.95 Monthly

1Gb Disk Space

15 Gb Monthly Bandwith

50 Email Accounts

25 FTP Accounts

$19.95 Monthly

i think its cool..

one thing though..we all here at 12oz have come to love MERO..we all read his comments on a day to day basis..do you think that it would create enough buzz to keep people coming back to the site on the regular? would companies really back such an idea??

im not being negative..

just asking and being realistic

if it did pop off it would be tubular.

MERO WOULD GET INSTANT E-FAME AND MAD CHICKENS WOULD BE GETTIN DICK TO THE FACIAL...THATS MY WORD.

TRUE STORY.

PFFFFFFFFFFFT

you can get started by creating the domain name "ie www.merospace.com" and pay for the amount of space you want for the website.

i have a website, and i used http://www.doteasy.com

but i think it's more along the lines of personal use rather than high traffic flow. so i'm guessing for a website that's goign to be able to handle that amount of traffic, it's more of a monthly cost, rather than a one lump sum

furthermore, it's going to need a lot more than just html. i do html free hand w/ just notepad, but for that type of website is going to require lots of programming. there's probaly some1 on this board who knows javascript and php and all that other crap needed to run a website like that. just ask misteraven, he knows whats up

hope i've helped a little

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft@Jun 1 2005, 11:48 PM

do you think that it would create enough buzz to keep people coming back to the site on the regular? would companies really back such an idea??

It's not Ford or Pepsi that support small websites, it's tiny companies/websites. They're the ones that purchase blogads and other ads. E.g., look at the ads on gofugyourself.com.

Speaking of..

A suggestion: a blog similar to that site would work well. Hell, you could use typepad for the coding and such, then just purchase a URL/hosting plan and you're set.

Speaking of..

Look at the traffic gofugyourself.com gets: SITEMETER. An average of 70,000+ hits per day. If Mero took on an occasional celebrity, shit would blow up boom explode.