ATTENTION IPOD SHUFFLE OWNERS

mindvapors

im a virgin thread maker here at 12oz. i love u all.

I have obtained an iPod Shuffle from someone who can't vouch for it's functionality. no box, no nothing, just the hardware. I am new to ipods and i just want to put some damn music on it. i've downloaded EphPod and am trying to add songs that way. (im staying away from iTunes because all ive heard is negative). I've restored it using Apple's restore thing. It says that i've added 2 songs but when i try to listen to it all i get is the BLINKING ORANGE AND GREEN LIGHTS.

am i doing sumthing wrong? is it broken? am i gay?

thank you fellow ch.0'ers.

-mindv.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it may simple need to be charges. i have one too. you can charge through the usb in your computer or buy an ac charger for about $25. are you sure the battery doesnt need to be charged? thats the only time i have seen the orange light come on. well, then or right sometimes when i plug into the usb it blinks for a few seconds then goes away.

ive just read that the blinking green and orange lights (one after the other) means a) no songs to play or b) 'some other problem'. and the app im using says theres songs on it sooo...

and i cant take it to the mac store cuz i didnt buy it so i have no, i guess, legal contract with them for them to care about me.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper@Aug 8 2005, 02:39 PM

gee, maybe if it had, you know, a bigger display and more buttons you might have an easier time interfacing with it.

gee, maybe if i like, told the grassy area where i found it that i'd like to choose from the pink and the blue mini instead, i'd be better off.

turns out EphPod was the homosexual.

I'D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HELPED IN MY TIME OF DESPAIR. YOU GUYS HELPED OUT A BUNCH!

Originally posted by Weapon X@Aug 8 2005, 10:39 AM

Is EphPod any good? I just got myself one of those iPod photos (only the 20 giger) and iTunes done pissed me off.

well turns out it was EphPod that was fucking everything up. apparently its not compatible with shuffles. as for if its any good, i clearly cant vouch, but its free and u can check it out at their site.

i ended up turning to MediaFour Xplay 2. it was a pain in the ass to find the retail version to crack, but i got it and it fixed everything here, so perhaps itd be nice for you? if ur interested, PM me. check here to see if its even compatible with the photo. if not, i think i could look for their other app that may.

Originally posted by mindvapors+Aug 8 2005, 10:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mindvapors - Aug 8 2005, 10:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bodice_ripper@Aug 8 2005, 02:39 PM

gee, maybe if it had, you know, a bigger display and more buttons you might have an easier time interfacing with it.

gee, maybe if i like, told the grassy area where i found it that i'd like to choose from the pink and the blue mini instead, i'd be better off.

[/b]

hey, sweetheart, you finding it is NO excuse for it being fabulously badly designed....

Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Aug 8 2005, 06:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Aug 8 2005, 06:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mindvapors@Aug 8 2005, 10:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-bodice_ripper@Aug 8 2005, 02:39 PM

hey, sweetheart, you finding it is NO excuse for it being fabulously badly designed....

[/b]

oh, i totally agree baby.

fuck all you with your little ipod shipod shits. im all about a cd player. go waste your precious $200 of a little itty bitty "oh look at me i can hold 4 million songs in my pocket." and then you go out and "obtain" some kind of little gizmo gadget that is the size of my fucking fingernail that holds 100 songs or something. and then you get all these doofy fucking emails stating "GET A FREE IPOD! JUST SEND THIS LETTER TO 10,000 PEOPLE! fuck that. your all a bunch of trendy assfucks with your 4 million bands. those ipods dont even have a button where you could higher/lower the bass when desired. MY FUCKING CD PLAYER THAT COSTS $30 COULD DO THAT!

im looking into buying an ipod. where can i get one for real cheap?

yo dude....u need a 2.0 USB port in order to transfer songs. there like 30-40 bucks at ur local computer store. the guy there should tell u how to instal it and it isnt that hard. thats what i had to do. and i dont think itunes is that bad. realy easy to traspher music.

Originally posted by faze 1@Aug 13 2005, 11:14 PM

yo dude....u need a 2.0 USB port in order to transfer songs. there like 30-40 bucks at ur local computer store. the guy there should tell u how to instal it and it isnt that hard. thats what i had to do. and i dont think itunes is that bad. realy easy to traspher music.

Actually, no you don't... USB 2.0 and 1.1 are completely compatable with each other. The only difference between the 2 is bandwidth, which means you're gonna get slower transfers.

Originally posted by DiaperBaby+Aug 14 2005, 05:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiaperBaby - Aug 14 2005, 05:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-faze 1@Aug 13 2005, 11:14 PM

Actually, no you don't... USB 2.0 and 1.1 are completely compatable with each other. The only difference between the 2 is bandwidth, which means you're gonna get slower transfers.

[/b]

Before the guy there told him how to install the card he told him that he needed it too. You got ripped the fuck off for parts you didn't need, faze.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus+Aug 14 2005, 01:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Biggus Dickus - Aug 14 2005, 01:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DiaperBaby@Aug 14 2005, 05:45 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-faze 1@Aug 13 2005, 11:14 PM

Before the guy there told him how to install the card he told him that he needed it too. You got ripped the fuck off for parts you didn't need, faze.

[/b]

u def did faze. as i said already, i got everything working, annd without a 2.0 port.