Atmosphere - "God Loves Ugly"

Hate Therapy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

call me an emo fag, but i like the over cast, and the ford 1 &2. slug might not have "dope rhyme flow", but i like his lyrical content better than most rappers nowadays. the new album seems like he's going "hard and hip hop" to show those that call him an emo fag. regressing if you ask me.

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by bug

call me an emo fag, but i like the over cast, and the ford 1 &2.

yep

call me an emo fag too (undertones thread)

go Atmos

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by Hate Therapy

You're buggin, Slug puts his lyrics together nicely and has a real consistent flow.

I must be out of touch with current labels. Why do heads consider Atmosphere shit "emo?"

I don't know

beats me though

Slig is the shit

i said i liked slug you morons. i put "dope rhyme flow" in quotes because a lot of hip hop heads say he doesn't have a good flow or lyrical skill. i said i doesn't matter if his flow isn't up to par, because his subject matter is way more interesting than all those with "dope rhyme flow"

...dickriders

Guest mcpeepants

i dont really care whats said or known about slug, i wouldnt even condisder myself down with hip hop, i dotn go out and listen to every guy out there or know hardly anythign about it, i hear music from my friends and if it catches on or not mostly depends on the music to me, but some times it is because curcumstance i hear it in. well enough babble, i have to admit out of everythign i hear slugs got hands down the best lyircs mixed in with wit and (in my opinion) very good word flow. after hearing god loves ugly and thinking back to how much i liked lucy ford i have to say hes my all time favorite hiphop musician.

Originally posted by seeking

i havent heard it, but slug is pretty emo. small t shirts, dickies, studded belts, every song is about girls... pretty much every requirement right there... but fuck it, slugs the homie.

I've never seen the guy in person, so image doesn't come into play when it comes to judging him, but Slug's music seems pretty well rounded. If "Emo" Hip-Hop means crafting songs based on the things that inspire, motivate, influence and drive you then I'm an "Emo" head all the way. A lot of current Hip Hop is stagnant and stays confined to the same formulaic shit, day in, day out. Atmosphere-type shit is kinda refreshing.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i havent heard it, but slug is pretty emo. small t shirts, dickies, studded belts, every song is about girls... pretty much every requirement right there... but fuck it, slugs the homie.

well holy crap! im emo and i never knew it!! do i have to join an Emo Union and pay dues and all that shit? do i really have to cry and pity myself or is this an option? id prefer not to...

*eDit* wait i dont wear dickies....am i still emo ? is there a clause somewhere in the emo constitution so that i can still get in?

yo dont fuck with me, im just the messenger. im telling you from personal experience, from knowing him for years, that he is pretty 'emo' in any and all respects. i never claimed 'emo' shit was bad, just that slug fit the bill... anyone that actually know's me, knows im emo as fuck as well... i might not dress the part, but whatevers...

Guest THEdude
Originally posted by Hate Therapy

A lot of current Hip Hop is stagnant and stays confined to the same formulaic shit, day in, day out. Atmosphere-type shit is kinda refreshing.

i agree

Guest ctrl+alt+del

anyone that actually know's me, knows im emo as fuck as well...

going back and editing your old posts. priceless.

Archived