Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ativan (lorazepam) appreciation

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8lover, Nov 13, 2003.

1. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

and as per 12oz rules, this isnt about recreational use of it.

I get panic/anxiety attacks pretty regularly. just think of a total feeling of hopelessness and loss, with no justification or reasoning behind it. its just there. you get that "rollercoaster" feeling in your stomach and chest and every good thought you try to force into your mind gets turned bad, "nothing is going to go right."

i just take 2 or 3 .5 mg pills and 15 minutes later, the worry might still be there, but for the most part you feel a shitload better.

anyone else take these or other anti-anxiety mediacations? i lost all faith in ssri's and other anti-depressants after i took pretty much every type available and they only had negative effects on me. this is the only med i keep to "take as needed," and it works like a charm.

2. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

i take em on occasion. I got my first panic attack about 2 months ago. i thought i was having a heart attack. SCARY SHIT!! my Dr. put me on 1mg and it was too much for me, it was knockng me out so now if i get an atack i take a .5mg shit helps...

3. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

I dunnnnoooo. I get those feelings like that often but I resist going to a doctor. I guess I'm just stubborn and will be stuck with feeling shitty but it seems like everyone takes ant-depressants lately....making everyone zombied out.
    Could the reason for this widespread depression be that there's *something* lacking in our present society? :confused:
    Edit: I've been getting panic attacks since I was around 12.

4. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

I take paxil or some shit..but it doesn't do anything.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i just drink beer and punch myself in the face. i find that does the trick

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

ativan... i'll keep that in mind

7. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Benzos are horribly addictive and withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawl. Have fun.

8. PHYNE

PHYNE Guest

i have been prescribed,pxil,welbutrin and zoloft and the only fucking thing that really works is xanax and valiums.xanax i prefer but my doctor stopped giving me scripes for them....so now i got to go to street pharmacist haha and gets the goods......actually im on xanaxs right now hahha 1 mg's but i got like 70 left still.....

9. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

read: AS NEEDED
    read: NO RECREATIONAL USE

ive had worse withdrawl from paxil and celexa. a doctor never told me to taper, and i had a week of hell after i quit them.

10. avils

avils Senior Member

couple of beers and a few blunts normally does the trick for me..

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Yeah, I'm bi-polar which makes for lot's of fun anxiety attacks. I went to the hospital one time for anxiety and ended up having a panic attack right in the lobby. They gave me some ativan and that mellowed me out right quick. Those pills work great but they're supposed to be addictive as all hell. I never have my doc prescribe me more than I need.

Prozac is fun and Zyprexa rocks.

Us depressed types get all the best pills

12. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Go read the horror stories from people taking these daily for a year or more. I was on klonopin for about 9 months and never took more than the prescribed dose, but tapering still took 2-1/2 months and I still had joint pain and muscle spasms for another month after that.

I'm not insulting your prescription or attempting to damage your ego, just telling you the truth. Calm the hell down.

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

i am calm. sorry about the caps lock.

i take the ativan when i get a panic/anxiety attack, which is usually once every few weeks or so. i dont take them every day and probably wouldnt.

i take them so little that the nice mellow mood they put me in is nice, but every day like that would probably get old.

14. IRON WIZARD

IRON WIZARD New Jack

PAXIL /PREVICID/PROZAC/WELLBUTRIN/ZOLOFT
    been prescibed all but none worked for me as well what suck is ya got to take one everyday or twice a day and your body makes you think you need them(addicted)even after you realize they dont do any thing that would better your feelings . only bad side effects

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i tried it, and it did nothing at all, i took like 3 times the reccomended dose too. fucking drug immunity