Astro Booting

Clay-Burner

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude fruit booters can be cool but thats only when they are ex fruit booters! cuz i have friends that used to fruit boot then met me and stoped and started skating! so i mean i dont have a prioblem with em but its just gay!

Originally posted by Clay-Burner:

SKate Boarding has gone POP and yes...I do mean Roller Blading Hipnos....

[This message has been edited by Clay-Burner (edited 07-01-2001).]

ever sins that tony hawk thing... the game or the 900 @ the x-games...

I used to rollerblade and skateboard. Now I just skateboard. I respect the guys who do it as long as they're crazy and jump off of everything. Who cares what you are doing as long as you having fun. Unless you're hurting other people.

------------------

<- - - -(")- -(")owoop

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I used to rollerblade a lot in early high school, and I loved it. I gotta agree, it's not really very hard to get pretty advanced. As a matter of fact, in-line skating is pretty damn easy compared to skating. Fun as hell, but I got bored. In-line went in a direction I didn't care much about (too much grinding and technicalities, not enough insane air), so I quit it and went into BMX street riding. Now THAT shit was intense. I did it for a while and had MAD fun, even though the results didn't arrive as quick as they did rollerblading. I never considered skating because it was too damn stereotypical, and overall, I don't like the damn asshole attitude a lot of skaters have thinking their sport is so much better than other's. No offense to anyone here... actually, yes offense to anyone here thinking they're hardcore for calling in-line skaters fruitbooters. Ha Ha!! Fruit as in gay!! Ha Ha! Pshh. I love skateboarding, I think it's the illest of all the street sports, but I fuckin hate the attitude.

Whatevers, eventually I quit all sports and took up fulltime bboying, still doing it today. Beer,

El Mamerro

• 3 months later...

just thought of this thread when I bought the john smith CD today. heres a bit of "I'm Rollerblading!"

1: Lather up

2: The best I can, the showers like being peed on

1: Dont know what

2: I'll wear today but you can bet that its neon

1: Glostick green

2: shorts to match my blades lining

1: deerhunt orange

2: shirt to match my blades bindings

1: I'll wear my roots

2: hat backwards to top it all off

1: Well aware

2: that some of these cool guys scoff

1: they call em

2: fruit boots but cant wreck my fun time

1: theres wheels neath

2: my shoes I'm walking on sunshine

1: back of my

2: shirt reads "He's Rad" for all of those hating

1: cinch the straps

2: of my kneepads and now I'm roller blading...

the whole song is funny as fuck....had me laughing for a long time...

Originally posted by El Mamerro

so I quit it and went into BMX street riding. Now THAT shit was intense. I did it for a while and had MAD fun, even though the results didn't arrive as quick as they did rollerblading.

What did you figure out how to do on a bike street riding (ie. tricks)? Also, what kind of bike were you destroying trying to learn this stuff on? And yes I vote for thumbs down on the high heels on wheels idea.

b bboyeeeeeeee

Whatevers, eventually I quit all sports and took up fulltime bboying, still doing it today. Beer,

El Mamerro

That's what i'm talking about.

But you gotta admit man, like everything, bboying has its Elite crowd that think they're hot shit and have there head's 3 ft into there asshole.

and then you have those beginnner's who think they're fucking hot shit and burn them in one try in the circle:) That shits fun.

i dont mind rollerbooters. ive been skateboarding for almost 5 years and could care less about them. although i dont think its that hard. even some of my friends who used to skateboard ing turned rollerboot, said that rollerbooting is easier..i dont see why people should hate on them...

and about skateboarding, yes it has become a corporate prostitute, but there are still many kids who are true to it, and will still skate no matter who else is skating. blah blah blah cant we all just get along!?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Re: b bboyeeeeeeee

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush

But you gotta admit man, like everything, bboying has its Elite crowd that think they're hot shit and have there head's 3 ft into there asshole.

and then you have those beginnner's who think they're fucking hot shit and burn them in one try in the circle:) That shits fun.

True, so true. Especially the older heads, who think they have all the say on what bboying is and what isn't. There's actually a lot of top notch bboys who are nice as hell (Kujo, Iron Monkey, Reveal, Ivan, etc.), and there's others who are the biggest assholes ONLY in the circle, but the nicest kids out of it (like Ground Zero Crew from Miami). Some people just battle better when they put up an attitude. But then you get people who are just plain assholes.

And Dirty, the little time I had riding was mostly spent bunnyhopping over everything I saw, and then catching my wheel on whatever I tried to bunnyhop and flying over the handlebars. A few feeble grinds here and there, really crappy flatland tricks (flatland is THE hardest and most unforgiving shit I've ever tried), and then I had a little of a trials phase, where I would just climb on things and jump off them. My bike was a Mongoose Expert pro, the kind that set me back $350 back in the day were bikes were expensive, and which now they give away with two UPC symbols from boxes of Lucky Charms. It was a dirt bike, not quite a street ride, but it was solid Cro-Moly and quite lightweight, so it was good for jumping a lot. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL would like to give LEAD ONE props for comming up with "fruit boots" in like 97. i dont care. shut up. i give credit to whomever i want to. fuck off.

Re: Re: b bboyeeeeeeee

And Dirty, the little time I had riding was mostly spent bunnyhopping over everything I saw, and then catching my wheel on whatever I tried to bunnyhop and flying over the handlebars. A few feeble grinds here and there, really crappy flatland tricks (flatland is THE hardest and most unforgiving shit I've ever tried), and then I had a little of a trials phase, where I would just climb on things and jump off them. My bike was a Mongoose Expert pro, the kind that set me back $350 back in the day were bikes were expensive, and which now they give away with two UPC symbols from boxes of Lucky Charms. It was a dirt bike, not quite a street ride, but it was solid Cro-Moly and quite lightweight, so it was good for jumping a lot. Beer,

El Mamerro

Street riding is one of the most rewarding things you can do on a bike, it's so raw. When you jump from a corporate asphalt parking lot made for the cars to the, other, lower one that's right next to it. I can't do flatland to save my life...it is very hard, you have to be a balancin' mother fucker to do that stuff. I'd have to say that, recently, my brother has amazed me with his new "bunnyhop barspins." That shit is stupid cool.

Archived