Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ask A Straight Dude...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bodice_ripper, Dec 4, 2004.

1. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

yo. out of the blue I have the opportunity to get a new(er) car. I don't know what to get. Now, I should mention that being in Ireland, the cars are WAAAY steeper than in the US. I may as well outline the realistic options:

I drove a Fiat Punto. I don't want another Fiat.

Honda Civic (I'd rather avoid it because the insurance is high because it is largely drivin by moron boy racers)
    VW Golf or Polo
    Rover 200 <---- I like these, but don't know lots about them
    Ford fiesta (meh....)
    Toyota Corolla

talk to me people....

2. Its a good thing you dont want a fiat anymore, not only they suck but they're not safe at all.

Important question: are you buying new or used?

The new polo is nice and the Golf is a steady guarantee, still i think VW's are way overated. If i was in your shoes i'd go for either the Honda or the Toyota mostly for the reason that you get a 7 year full guarantee and most importantly, you wont have to use it...only asians can guarantee that, your car wont need a single thing besides the scheduled service for atleast 5 years when you can sell it and get a new one. Thats a good deal imo.
    Rovers are good looking but not very reliable. I drove a fiesta for 2 months this summer, the car is fuckin stupid, heavy, slow and retarted.

Bottom line, if you're looking for a good value=quality=reliability car go for the civic or corolla, if you're looking for a euro fly car go for this:

[​IMG]
    Alfa 147 oooffah

3. bodice_ripper

I have looked at a couple of Alfas. mmmmm.

I'm buying used. I have to.

4. Ok, since you're buying used scratch Rover and Fiesta off your list at once (unless you score a superduper deal) I still lean in favor of the toyota and honda but only if they're not very old. VW's have always been good cars to buy second hand. Get the previous Golf, it even looks better than the new one.

5. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

golf. the end.

6. you americans are so hyped with golfs, its ridiculous. Its like euros with wrangler jeeps, nothing special to you, all the rage to us.

7. mkonji

mkonji Member

id get a golf

8. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

a jeep wrangler...wow. what's a fiat? never heard of it. i would say hondo or toyota mostly based on the fact that they are easily repaired and cost less to repair in the long run but that's here in the u.s. of a, dont know about over there yonder, but a toyota or a honda will last you ages, that's just the facts, i dont like vw's too expensive to fix adn their motors are backwards.

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

buy a midget. they're fast, affordable, and easy to maintain....or get the alfa....

10. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

I'd say go with the honda or the toyota for the low cost of ownership and good gas mileage.

11. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

get the honda, low maintenence, and they will last forever.
    and for the simple reason, any aftermarket product is cheaper
    than euro cars. well at least in the usa it is

12. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

yeah, toyota's or honda's will last for a long ass time, and the resale value stays good for a while too. i'm gonna cop the 2005 Nocar, v6, it's an invisible car that doesn't exist, so you don't have to pay for it even, or put gas into it, not worry about parking tickets and repair costs, or worry about it getting stolen.

on a side note, boddice, since your from ireland, do you like the frames? i saw them last night and they were awesome.

13. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

14. bodice_ripper

I must admit to being quite taken with these:

[​IMG]

but I admit its based soley on how they look, and the fact that we used to have a Peugeot when I lived in France.....

15. The 206 is a decent car bodice, better than the polo in my opinion....and WAY better looking.