Asian Sitcoms

Kr430n5_666

we have black sitcoms. we have white sitcoms. we do not have any asian sitcoms (unless i missed out on something?).

i only watch tv when i end up staying inside all day long and the computer becomes the most aggrivating thing on earth (besides lady robots trying to molest everyones gay children)...and what i have noticed is that you get to learn a little bit from sitcoms.

i would like to learn more about asian homelife in america....and i dont want some fucking americanized shit either. i dont want to see a house of asian people wearing all this fucking american shit..i want them to use their own style. i dont want to watch some asian folks speaking perfect english...like...not even showing their roots. black sitcoms usually use their regualr talk...you know...the intonation and shit like that. so i feel it would be a great thing to see an asian sitcom. why one doesn't exist to this day makes me want to smash a unicorn over the head with the largest cell phone i can find.

knowing america...and what it i$ like today, thi$ wont exi$t. unless they tossed in a million ads for all these big companies and all this shit. fucking world.

dance like a popsicle salesman.

i have had it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sorry k it won't happen, it's not that what you said wouldn't have a place, i just don't think the asians will fall for it. i think they look at their english intonation differently than blacks, mexicans, it's not a style, it's something to be fixed, you know, a problem. besides real asians are all about being bilingual, so an asian sitcom would have to be subtitled or overdubbed when they are getting stylie.

on a side note, i heard on npr the other day about rev. moon, down there, settin up shop in paraguay. he's got this one guy, a polish dude, who speeks with the most blatant asian accent i've ever heard, and being i was listening to it on the radio, they felt the need to put into words that he talks like an asian, but was in fact polish. weird.

no shit it is not the only way to learn.

i have some asian friends, but i wouldn't hang with the ones i know because they dont share enough similar interests as me. if i knew of an asian kid who had the same interests as me and proved that i could actually hang with him/her outside of school then woo hoo knowledge learned...but i havent one such a person at this moment.

look i know dam right that tv is not a good learning source..i am well aware of this...but i tihnk it would be interesting to see an asian sitcom on tv. that is all.

magnum, now there was a multicultural show, watched the reruns for years. i think it could work, i mean focus around the dinner table and shit, have these big tense moments between parents and the teenage children, fast time blank out during homework/housework time, and then only the loose time with parents and parents' friends, or children/childrens' friends. maybe a little dualism with either mom or dad and the kids, there could be a show there.

no one would really want to watch this shit, i mean asians have to be the most repressed race in the country, or maybe the jews, or the amish. an amish sitcom i could watch, bunch of amish quoting bible stories and having funny old testament names and shit. great shit for mom too, remember how much she loved witness with harrison ford?

Guest NoamChomsky

Did'nt alot of the Asian groups tear "All American Girl" apart.Half the cast members or something were'nt Korean.Then they made Cho go on a diet or something because she looked too Asian.

PB&JNOAM<~

Originally posted by 23578

sorry k it won't happen, it's not that what you said wouldn't have a place, i just don't think the asians will fall for it. i think they look at their english intonation differently than blacks, mexicans, it's not a style, it's something to be fixed, you know, a problem. besides real asians are all about being bilingual, so an asian sitcom would have to be subtitled or overdubbed when they are getting stylie.

on a side note, i heard on npr the other day about rev. moon, down there, settin up shop in paraguay. he's got this one guy, a polish dude, who speeks with the most blatant asian accent i've ever heard, and being i was listening to it on the radio, they felt the need to put into words that he talks like an asian, but was in fact polish. weird.

that was really stupid. don't talk anymore.

we're talking about asian-americans, not asians. that's the biggest problem facing the asian american community is people expecting them to have severe accents and be otherwise stereotypically foreign. i'm trying to find an appropriate article about how asian people will be the last to be fully accepted as american.

white people won't buy asian comedy unless it's a bunch of fobs doing ridiculous shit, just like white people buy rap because it's thugs being as black as possible.

i say give bobby lee his own show, that kid cracks my shit up.

oh, and margaret cho is korean, not japanese.

read some articles from http://www.iistix.com

http://iistix.com/_innerchamber/whereareyoufrom.html

Guest NoamChomsky

Haters tryin to bury me like im the 4th member of Destiny's Child.HOLD ME DOWN FEWLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

TR-NIP:

NIZOAMMMMM

TEA$ER

Guest NoamChomsky

HOES,TR-NIP JUST LIKE CREED;WE AINT GOIN NO WHERE!NO MATTER HOW MANY BAD REVIEWS YOU GIVE US IN SPIN,TR-NIP IS HERE TO STAY.HOLD ME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOAMPB :king:

Guest Pilau Hands
what happened to that all american girl show?

Did'nt alot of the Asian groups tear "All American Girl" apart.

Canned. All-American Girl was the first sitcom to have a mostly Asian-American cast, and Asian groups baaaaaaaaashed the shit out of it. Instead of coming together to support and possibly influence producers to make the writing better, they just protested the crap out of that show. The writing sucked.

The most recent and funniest portrayal of an Asian family on a sitcom has got to be Gilmore Girls (I love that show.) Keiko Agena plays Korean-American teenager Lane Kim. Her mom steals the show though. Completely histerically sterotypical Korean mom. No boys! Wait...

"And on CBS's midseason replacement series "Kiss Me, Guido," which is likely to begin early next year, the Philippine-American actor Alec Mapa is featured as a gay character."

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Originally posted by fizm

that was really stupid. don't talk anymore.

we're talking about asian-americans, not asians. that's the biggest problem facing the asian american community is people expecting them to have severe accents and be otherwise stereotypically foreign. i'm trying to find an appropriate article about how asian people will be the last to be fully accepted as american.

white people won't buy asian comedy unless it's a bunch of fobs doing ridiculous shit, just like white people buy rap because it's thugs being as black as possible.

i say give bobby lee his own show, that kid cracks my shit up.

read some articles from http://www.iistix.com

http://iistix.com/_innerchamber/whereareyoufrom.html

fuck you dude, sounds like you just proved what i said. and i don't know where you thought that i was not talking about asian americans, so stop talking yourself, stupid.

fuck being accepted as american anyhow. everyone knows asians are smart, what's more important? smart will get you more pussy than american anyday.

alright, i get you, but at the same time, a lot of them, like me, don't speak the mother tongue. we're american, just like anyone else. i don't see a bunch of white people on tv with german subtitles, nor is anything on bet dubbed in swahili. there's a difference between asian culture and asian-american culture. and there's subsets of asian-american culture as well, i suppose. heh, the difference between giant robot magazine and A magazine. and A mag is generally stupid ;x

there are a few good asian americans on tv. ming na on ER. uh...not the guy on that 80s show. that show sucks. ok, so there's not many. but there are way too few roles for asian american actors that aren't accented or otherwise stupid. and i think that's the heart of the problem. people just need to hire asian actors for regular roles. particularly put some asian males in some sex symbol roles to get shit rolling for that ;x

donnie yen's up for it i bet - look at that sexy fool - http://www.donnieyen.com/

speaking of pizza, i'm distantly related to the rock ;x

Archived