Artwork Theft in NYC

TheDirty

http://www.tagthesystem.com/section.php?si...c6ef057bb459442

On Wednesday November 17th in the afternoon at about 3PM EDT, a theft occured at The Showroom NYC Gallery, located at 117 2nd Ave and 7th Street. Four individuals acting as a group removed an original piece of art from the Showroom Gallery.

The piece belongs to our friends, artists MiQ willmOtt and THUY3. This piece was their first collaboration as Husband and Wife. Not only is this a significant piece of artwork, it also has tremendous sentimental value to the artists. Tag The System, Toy Tokyo and The Showroom NYC are committed to tracking down this original piece of artwork and returning it to the artists who created it. Also, as a one-of-a-kind original piece, anyone trying to trade, sell or otherwise display this piece should be reported and Tag The System, The Showroom NYC or Toy Tokyo should be alerted.

A NYPD Police report was filed within 1 hour of the theft, and descriptions of those involved turned over to police, along with pictures of the artwork to aid the NYPD should they encounter anything they think related to the theft.

The Showroom NYC and Drastic Plastic are offering a reward for the safe return of this piece to the Gallery. NO QUESTIONS ASKED if returned unharmed. Reward could be a full set of the limited edition 20 pieces only Ultimate Train set (That includes the Gold Plated car, Chrome car, 3 glow-in-dark cars and more), Cash and/or toys.

Please if you have any information please contact us ASAP at info@TagTheSystem.com

Readers, please post on any and ALL forums you frequent about this theft. We must try our best as a community to recover this piece.

We can't let the actions of a few individuals impact the overall sucess of this and future shows.

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

what about the honor among theives? its not what you steal its who you steal it from. i think the fact that it even got stolen in the first place is total bullshit. if you want to steal something then grow some balls and rob a bank, dont steal from your comrades....if it was one of my paintings id be pissed. even tho my paintings arent worth shit.

Originally posted by raysin@Dec 2 2004, 06:57 AM

these 'artists' wanna mix with writters to be on the cutting edge of trend,,,fuck that,, deal with it ,,thats how it goes down in the outlaw art circle, alot different than that latte sippin bre spreadin on cracker scene yall from.....

You're a fucking idiot. STOP telling people "how it goes down in the outlaw art circle" because you obviously haven't got a fucking clue.

...ya fuckin' maroon.

sorry i offended u, how you figure i dont have a clue, the facts are graffiti writers are criminals(graffit is illegal) and if you hang with criminals get ready for crime because it might go down...aand as farv as honor among thieves, to my knowledge the person whos piece got ganked is NOT a writer, hence he is exempt from this rule.. hey im not sayin i would tax someones shit like that, or that i support the act , but it happened and ^thats^ a possible reason why

thank u

now back to our regularly scheduled program

Originally posted by Smart+Dec 7 2004, 05:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smart - Dec 7 2004, 05:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-raysin@Dec 7 2004, 08:33 PM

to my knowledge the person whos piece got ganked is NOT a writer

Hush child... Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...

[/b]

that almost made me laugh......