Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ART SCHOOL DROP OUT!fo mah homies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Frate_Raper, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

I've been MIA for a while,I needed to get my head straight,so after a month off school working and reading the Alchemist I've decided to follow my heart and quit school. I got rid of my lady of 3 years and quit school all in a two month time frame.I'm accutaly smiling for no reason at all and I've stopped grinding my teeth until they bleed. My eye stopped twitching and I'm not trying to set it off with people over small things!I'M NEVER COMPRIMIZING MY HAPPINESS AGAIN

I got a sweet job and I'm looking at buying a house out in the burbs as an investment,but I really wanna buy a new whip.OH HOW PRIORITYS CHANGE!

Most of you don't know me or care,but this is for my crew that I haven't been seeing and my 12 o homies!

Hows your day going?

2. king kong

king kong Banned

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm accutaly smiling for no reason at all

i disagree.....it sounds to me you have all the reasons in the world to smile..

4. Frate_Raper

I'm the operations manager of a divsion of a landscaping company.

Thanks mental, maybe I do have every reason in the world to be smiling.

5. king kong

king kong Banned

sounds like you need a college degree for that kind of job

what do you do? order people to cut bushes and mow the lawn?

6. im not witty

im not witty Guest

GOD HOW I WISH I COULD DO THAT. break up with my girl and quit my job and move away maybe go back to school. that would make me smile too.

7. Frate_Raper

I over see the billing,ordering,the delagation of crews to jobs,hiring,firing,estimates etc. Yes a degree could help but having my chem spray licence,design back ground and knowledge of certina programs to make blue prints is wayyyyyyyyy better.

I've been working for my familys company since I told them they should start it 10 years ago.It's just experence that got me to the top cause my family doesn't work the way most of you would expect.I get NO favortizim, if I'm not pulling my share I'm out just like anyone else.

So king I could be taking you the wrong way,but school isn't always the best thing for people,if your trying to belittle me I'll run you down with my audi in august sucka!

8. king kong

king kong Banned

you sounded like u quit school and got a job mowing the lawn niggah.
    that job is ill and ur lucky u didnt need to go to college to get it.

but a audi homie? :eek:

9. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

what about art school didn't u like? i'm applying to go back for my MFA. what were u studying?

i'm all for buying a house, it was the smartest thing i ever did. good luck mang!!!

10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

ahhh... that a great book my man.

dont forget where you find your treasure.... right where you are.

11. Frate_Raper

I started mowing lawns and I still will have too,but now I work 65 hours a week at 15 bones an hour,and audis are fucking hawt if you don't like audis your got a fucking problem:)

Tease mang follow your heart dude, don't waste your life!

12. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

good for you nigga. maybe come to philly w/ that new car.

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Good stuff - girl seemed ridiculous.

14. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

You don't know me but..

YEA! YEA! HOMIE!

My friend started his own lawn service company
    in a little suburban town by saving up for a
    summer then buying a chipper, some other
    equipment and getting a crew... he was only
    19 and pulling in prolly $25-35,000 a year.

Fuck conflict. I realized this a while ago...
    except now I'm at the point where not being
    in school is my conflict. Need to get laid,
    need to socialize, and need to start eating
    wild amounts of psychedelics with people
    who throw kitchen cuttery into ceiling fans
    again.

15. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

so my drummer is about to finish up an art degree in screenprinting, and he keeps telling me it was the biggest waste of time and money he could have possibly found, besides heroin.

and after listening to various friends and bandmates call him an "artfag" for way too long, he finally responded with "y'know, i'm really more art than fag." - classic.