Art Movements

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

I'm bored...

Art Movements are good clean fun, what is your favorite art movement? and what would your work go under if it was classified?

Examples of movements:

Neo-Classicism: Idealistic, painting only thinks important, photo-like. Doesn't look like a painting.

Romanticism: Looks like a painting, Smells like a paint, could it be a painting? Causes the viewer to have emotional reactions.

Impressionism: Think Monet, little dabs of color, to make purple you would but red and blue real close together so from far away it would look like purple.

Post-Impressionism: Van Gogh, more structured form of Impressionism.

Surrealism: Dream-like subject matter, Salvador Dali.

Futurism: Objects look like they are moving, Futurists were Fasicts, they believed Art is violence and violence is beautiful.

Expressionism: showing emotions you have on your canvas/wall/whatever.

Non-Objective: no real subject matter, just kinda there, like improvising.

Personally I enjoy Surrealism.

My paintings would go with:

Surrealism

Futurism (I really like the idea of violence is beautiful, other than that fuck them.)

Expressionism (Expressing my teenage angst.)

Non-Objective (doesn't make too much sense, just there.)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So graffiti is futurism? I think that graffiti is violent.. or has violent tendencies upon the subconscious of the viewer. It leaves the unknowning viewer with a feeling of violation and bewilderment, such as that of a victim of a visual rape.

Art think sucks. just make a visual shit and laugh at the humility of your frail insignificant existance. humblebumblefuckbooyaa. I am fuxus, together we are screwed as a machine. the joke is on us.:eek:

Man I don't need a book or a label, I have VODKA intelligence on my side. Sheesh, you can't take a friday night post too seriously. You get an art book up the ass, you nerd. Oh yeah, don't fuck with me because I'm steppin NON-OBJECTIVE, and you can't fuck with that.. bumblefuckbooyaainyerarsewithathesaurus:dazed:

Guest BROWNer

i don't think i have one or have ever even thought about it..

i don't know....dada......cubism is fresh........uh.....................................................:o (i love this smilie)

i hate when i'm asked what kinda art i do....

folk art found me.

:confused:

my b fuxus. i am a bad person.

whatever. it wasn't 100% directed towards you either. futurism is just something that was... well very limited in time and by geographic/political constraints and to get technical it was proto-facist.... but whatever. you're right. book bum. i don't like our definitions. why me?

Yeah Mr. Beardo, long time since I have communicated with you. I heard that you had a bad experience that led to a big change. As for me, I am better than ever to be honest, I just drank too many cosmos tonight and I like to get stupid when it comes to art and philosophy. Plus it's been a long week at work and my brain is well cooked at this point.

Send me an e-mail or hit me up on AIM sometime, I'd like to converse a bit. :crazy:

Hey TEARZ, it's all cool y'know. I actually read too many books and now I don't know what to think anymore. My answer to most questions is to dumb my self down to the point where the answers find me and I don't find the answers. Which would probably explain why I most enjoy my mental state after becoming pleasurably intoxicated and smokin some bammer. :D

Archived