Art Heist

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ctrl+alt+del

i start school tomorrow. that means less time on 12oz. i have one computer class so ill be able to kick it and post up on here then.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dunno, the whole story stinks...it appears that mr.Garcia is a serious collector, you just dont buy picasso's and matisse's for your living room..dude must have a decent collection and the fact that he claims that the paintings were not insured sounds like a lie. If you had a ferrari would you park it on the street?

Note that many times in the cycles of collectors(money laundlers in general) these things happen on purpous for reasons that vary from case to case.

"making art cost money is wack.

or something" ...oX...

You know what? anything costs money, enjoying art in general

is free but how the fuck can you expect an artist to continue

painting when his work cant even give him enough so he doesnt has

to do something else to survive.

Think about this though:

If you live in a nice neighborhood and your house is huge.... most of the time you don't worry about robbers. It's kinda like, you can leave your bike on the front porch because you know that no one lives around you that would take it from you, let alone off your front porch. Ya know, being that they're hard working folk which is easy to see since they live in such a prestigous neighborhood. You (Tesseract) did put a nice spin on the story, and I'm not sure that I can say what happened one way or the other..... but one thing is for sure, if this is not some sort of fraud, the robbers probably staked that house out for a long time, and they'd probably been inside it before as like floor cleaners or something like that. They robbed the man in broad daylight while he was home sleeping! He's probably an elderly guy with money coming out his ears.

Archived