Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Art Heist

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Someone in San Antonio had some art stolen from them, about $700K worth. I think the news said that one was a Picasso. Doh! I'll see if I can find a link to a story.

2. Dirty_habiT

3. socrates

socrates Guest

4. Dirty_habiT

5. serpent of the light

serpent of the light Member

fuck all you and your numbers.

stealing art is wack.

6. socrates

socrates Guest

Good one dirty, I wouldn't of thought of that. It was a pretty smart response

7. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

saw that on the news tonight , a piccasso was stolen and they estimate the shit a 700k thats alot of fuckin money for some canvas and paint, but hey whatever floats your boat if you find a link post it up cause the news just had a little blurb

8. Dirty_habiT

9. BitchAssSlut

BitchAssSlut Member

a picasso piece for 700k? Im not an art guru or anything, but that seems pretty cheap to me.

Maybe it was just his juice stained tshirt or something.

10. Dirty_habiT

it coulda been a smaller canvas. the art was uninsured too.... that sucks.

11. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i start school tomorrow. that means less time on 12oz. i have one computer class so ill be able to kick it and post up on here then.

12. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

13. Stapler

Stapler Guest

Hey any body want to buy a Picasso or some crap I robbed off some guy today.................I will trade it for a marker??? Iquiries send mail to [email protected]

14. I dunno, the whole story stinks...it appears that mr.Garcia is a serious collector, you just dont buy picasso's and matisse's for your living room..dude must have a decent collection and the fact that he claims that the paintings were not insured sounds like a lie. If you had a ferrari would you park it on the street?
    Note that many times in the cycles of collectors(money laundlers in general) these things happen on purpous for reasons that vary from case to case.

"making art cost money is wack.

or something" ...oX...

You know what? anything costs money, enjoying art in general
    is free but how the fuck can you expect an artist to continue
    painting when his work cant even give him enough so he doesnt has
    to do something else to survive.

15. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest