ART AND HIGHER EDUCATION

Guest beardo

you get out what you put in. i had to force my teachers to go beyond the curriculum (sp?) i had no previous experience with the computer art programs, so of course they helped out in that department. other than that, the color theory class was the only class i got into and actually got a lot out of. id say it was worth it career wise, but there are tons of people who make it in the design field with no schooling. all it takes is desire, thats what employers are looking for.

take that for what its worth. im a loser who went to art school, got the good job, then totally fell off.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Oh twinkie fuck it!

I tried to reply 3 times and i deleted the message all 3.

I am in the 4 year out of 5 now.Its a good thing,do it if you're thinkin about it.

You'll surely get out of it more wise.

In my phase right now it is conciderated as a big fucking oxymoron,but thats a different story.

thanks for the replies guys.

i had a chat with my girlfriend, and i think i will take the plunge

into a modest 2 year program next year. its been forever since

i've been in school........so....its definitely feeling like a bigger deal than it really is..

i'm so used to learning things by myself on my own time...

corrections.

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 09-10-2001).]

okay..if some who've been through it, if they would be so kind as to drop

some opinions and knowledge on their whole experience of going

to an art institute..........ie-how was it, was it worth it, did you acquire worthwhile skills in relation to your art AND the work force, tips if any, etcetry, etcetry..........................much appreciated.....

considering....

Archived