1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

ART AND HIGHER EDUCATION

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by beardo, Sep 10, 2001.

1. beardo

beardo Guest

ART AND HIGHER EDUCATION

Discussion started by beardo - Sep 10, 2001

you get out what you put in. i had to force my teachers to go beyond the curriculum (sp?) i had no previous experience with the computer art programs, so of course they helped out in that department. other than that, the color theory class was the only class i got into and actually got a lot out of. id say it was worth it career wise, but there are tons of people who make it in the design field with no schooling. all it takes is desire, thats what employers are looking for.

take that for what its worth. im a loser who went to art school, got the good job, then totally fell off.

2. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 10, 2001

Oh twinkie fuck it!
    I tried to reply 3 times and i deleted the message all 3.
    I am in the 4 year out of 5 now.Its a good thing,do it if you're thinkin about it.
    You'll surely get out of it more wise.
    In my phase right now it is conciderated as a big fucking oxymoron,but thats a different story.

3. brown twinkie

brown twinkie 12oz Veteran Member

brown twinkie - Replied Sep 10, 2001

thanks for the replies guys.
    i had a chat with my girlfriend, and i think i will take the plunge
    into a modest 2 year program next year. its been forever since
    i've been in school........so....its definitely feeling like a bigger deal than it really is..
    i'm so used to learning things by myself on my own time...

corrections.

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 09-10-2001).]

brown twinkie - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. cracked ass

cracked ass Guest

cracked ass - Replied Sep 10, 2001

Read "Art School Confessional" from an old issue of 8ball by Dan Clowes...but go anyway, is my fiftieth of a dollar.

5. brown twinkie

brown twinkie 12oz Veteran Member

brown twinkie - Replied Sep 11, 2001

okay..if some who've been through it, if they would be so kind as to drop
    some opinions and knowledge on their whole experience of going
    to an art institute..........ie-how was it, was it worth it, did you acquire worthwhile skills in relation to your art AND the work force, tips if any, etcetry, etcetry..........................much appreciated.....
    considering....

brown twinkie - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 11, 2001

Cracked,how can this article be found?