aright... 10 Bucks to the first whiz that helps me fix this shit BY tonight!

xwibxonex

i will keep it simple for the ppl who don't want to read the below

MSN ptg610@hotmail.com to help him with his computer bullshit , and if you fix his problems soon , you will get MONEY , YES , REAL MONEY.. i got shit to waste , so help me out

no joke.. ten dollars... shit maybe more if you can help me out , i am by no means completely stupid when it comes to computers... but fuck

aright heres the basics , i had ME when i first got my comp.. yes ME... start laughing , that shit aint even compatible with itself , .. but i soon got XP proffesional prerelease off a friend , aright now look ... i installed my shit.. but i did it incorrectly , i installed it "over" me , so my fucking XP is running a Fat32 File System... it didnt fuck it up too bad.. its just... certain programs will NOT work after the first use and it will say =Not a Valid Win32 App =... so far its done it to RealONE and Fruity Loops, so to use them i have to , get this , download them everytime , use and delete... it got to the point where i no longer wanted to use them , luckily my phptoshop works fine always , and most other apps, but SHIT... this pisses me off , if you think you can help , or at least throw intellegent insults at me about how big of a dumbass i am over MSN , the email is ptg610@hotmail.com , i'll be on for a bit , help plz :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

here are a couple suggestions:

Start Windows in safe mode by pressing the crtl key button when

restarting/rebooting your system and select safe mode. Then run system information or run msconfig and select "restore" or "system file checker".

or the setup just mightve fucked up for xp, or the prerelease is fucked...you get the idea.

a good idea that I always do if and when billysoft's OS's fuck up.... I have 2 HDs in my comp.... use one to install windows and the other to store shit on... so if you install winxp on one drive and access the other through that clean install.... you should be able to recover your files. As far as getting your existing situation to work... I think your chances may be slim to none. If you don't have 2 hard drives... I suggest installing winxp again... only this time you should install under a directory that is not the default... like "c:XP"

yes , actually i do have two drives :) , luckily for me... oh yeh and the way i was talking before.. that was for shits and giggles.. i thought it would get peoples attention , but anyway , yes i have a BusLink USB2.0

40 gig external drive , nothing on it except for music and things. So what your saying is.. no hope? ... because as of right now, i do not even have the XP disc , and none of the ME bootups either .. i think i can do without them , it really isnt all THAT bad , i am just very tired of the "not a valid win32 app" messages

that xp prerelease was the 2600 release, which is the retail release.

anyways do this,

put in the cd, run setup, install, advance, clean copy, should ask you to do update installer from the web - no, reboot, you'll get a install screen, 4bit blue, follow the instructions, you want to install on current partition and format in NTFS.

(unhook your buslink ext drive.)

Archived