Are you???

misery#3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest ilikeskulls.

i do it for me know one else.i don't care if anyone likes it or not.if they like it good for them.if not oh well...they probeley suck too.

Guest catwash

I started writing to get fame, now it's just something I do with my friends - everyone's got their own reasons i guess

Hmm... I guess that I am in it for the fame among writers. I suck right now, and probably will for quite some time, but if/when I get good I would like someone to give me props on 12oz or something. I really just do it so that I have something to do, and cause I like the rush. The friendship aspect is cool, and I kinda like to belong to a subculture that says fuck you to so many authoritarian figures...

Originally posted by destruct

For every one: Are you out to get fame from your work or are you out there to do it for your self and be out there and up??? whats your input on this question???

im out for fun.. fame is great but it doesnt mean shit.. ppl that are out for fame all have little man syndrome...

i'm not out for the fame, i do it every now and then cuz its somethin to do... i'd rather piece than bomb. see this shit is like another hobby, its like some people play basketball and theyre not gonna go pro, but they do it cuz its fun, well thats pretty much how i feel. fuck it.

i used to be about getting fame and shit...but then i realized that most writers are ignorant assholes and dumbasses so i could really give a fuck what they think....the only fame i try to catch is from my friends who write...like i will go bomb their area just so they could wake up the next morning and see it and catch a laugh knowing it was me

• 3 years later...
For every one: Are you out to get fame from your work or are you out there to do it for your self and be out there and up??? whats your input on this question???
Fame? no way, you don't get fame in this game. I do it for self and the graff community. I do it for my crew, I do it for my enjoyment nd the legends that pioneered this shit for us modern writers. I do this to be up. I do this to see my work on those rainy and dreary days. I do this so that when I am around non-graff heads and they say" man that wall looks sweet", I can say to myself well done young writer, you are getting the hang of this graff shit. I do it for those who want to do it. I do it brighten up tghis color less world of ours. And last but not least, I do this because some stuck up ass art historian says, that we are not artists and have no concept of color theory or emotion or utlilatrian purpose for our expressions. I do this because I have mental images that refuse to die, because a jelly donut eating motherfucka wants to make his qouta for the day. I do it for all those who stand up and get up. Peace ONE73

:scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :p

• 2 months later...

I don't do it for any sort of fame...I just have a really stressful life and alot of times it just seems like getting out and doing a piece is such a better idea than being out smoking trees or some other nonsense.I first started while I was a run away.I had been placed in a group home rather than the RITS(Rhode Island Training School)after making a stupid descion at a point in my life.I left from the group home and became a runaway.For a while I had been sleeping in cars or my friends houses.Alot of my meals consisted of stolen Hot Pockets from 7eleven and countless night were spent wondering Providence aimlessley.And honestly for the period that time period I spent placing a piece of me onto that wall was the most refreshing feeling that I had ever had.I had'nt pre-planned what I was going to do with the wall I just went along as I went and it was the ugliest piece of crap anyone has ever seen but it was the best feeling and I just followed it from there...So really long story short...No the fame is'nt an important factor to me.

i don't really give a shit about getting fame from people i don't know, but i want all my friends to see my shit.

i'm with you there and it's fun sometimes...just hate it when some other fucking writer want to start shit with ya for no reason.

i started because it was the thing to do at my school n being good would gain you respect and i guess that stays the same, you gain respect if your good now but im not doing it for respect or fame anymore because i realised the people who do it for that wont get fame or respect because they try n get up anywhere and everywhere so they go over burners so people see them and they become hated. i just do it for myself and when your doing it, nothing else matters its just you and the wall, and when you see it finished you get the best feeling, and when ever you go past it in a car or train you get the same feeling.

Archived