Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Are you Truly Proud?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TheStupidToy, Dec 5, 2001.

1. TheStupidToy

TheStupidToy Junior Member

Okay, we all are/have been to school, correct? (well, most of us), but I just wanna know one thing...... when you die are you gonna be proud of what you accomplished in life? I mean, think about it..... you study hard through highschool and college, basically watching your youth years pass you buy while drowning in science and math projects.... then you goto college, same shit.... become a doctor or whatever, workin 9-5 doin the same shit everyday, maybe head out to the bar for a drink, but everything is much the same, your making money to pay the rent in order to survive, but in order to survive your time is overtaken by your job, so in actual fact, the job you are working to keep you alive, is actually taking 95% of the life anyway....... so its fucked..... I just wanna know how yall feel about this...... we never know when we are gonna pass on, so if you were to die tomorrow, would you be proud of how you have lived your life....... just something I was pondering.......

2. THE LAW

THE LAW Guest

get good at something you like.

get paid for it.

live large.

3. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

sums it all up pretty good........

if i died tomorrow, id be pretty pissed off.

4. BIG T

BIG T Member

yes id be happy as anynoe could be.... maybe thats just cause i love school.... im a big nerd!:D :D

5. dBUSH

dBUSH Member

when I die... I wont be proud. I'll be dead. I just hope there's a big fucking party.

6. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

You know what man......
    to sum it up for me....
    Sadly enough I would not be very proud of myself because I don't feel very fulfilled!

7. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

Oh and by the way.... you have some very good points that you've mentioned!!

8. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Learn shit for and by yourself. It's cheaper and you'll grow better mentally.

9. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside Senior Member

crazy positive thinking

I wouldn't totally be proud, but I'd be pretty content with my life. I know that I've passed up plenty of opportunity's in my short life already, and I know I'll pass up many more and have more regrets, but I love life, and would appreciate what short time I've had. I'd be proud to an extent of what I've done, 'cause I have been holding pretty damn true to my beliefs and views so far.

10. beardo

beardo Guest

as a rule i never regret anything.

11. patrickjilbert

patrickjilbert Member

i'd feel pretty proud. i have done what i wanted to do on my own.

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i'll be relieved more than anything.

and research shows that when you're paid for something you love, your enjoyment for it declines.

13. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

i wonder whether the researchers loved their jobs or not.

14. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

15. META

META New Jack

i dont believe money equals happiness
    i dont believe money equals freedom
    i dont want the freedom of 40 hour workweek slavery
    to afford me the luxuries that i will lable my needs
    i dont believe in the american dream

be young, have fun, live for yourself
    everything else you know was taught to you to keep you in line

no gods. no managers.