Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

are you "Ghetto"?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 72swiftagression14, Jun 25, 2001.

1. 72swiftagression14

72swiftagression14 Member

What makes a person "Ghetto" and are you one of those people?

------------------
    Live and Die by Open Walls and a bag of Paint

2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Komes is ghetto....right money? I use that word too much...I gotta stop...its a stupid expression anyways.

3. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

my boy back where i used to live....reminded me a lot of the fat kid in juice...any way, he showed me how to make "ghetto fries"
    all you need is
    1 large fry
    1 brown paper bag
    6-8 packets of ketchup
    1 fork or many napkins, either one or if your real ghetto....dont use either
    take the fries, dump them in the bag, dump all the ketchup packets in on top of the fries.....now twist the top of the bag so nothing can get out and shake it for 30-45 seconds.....WALLA!!! ketchup basted ghetto fries.....i still do that shit when no one is looking

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

4. Remi Martin

Remi Martin Guest

hmmmm...whats ghetto....
    throwing cigs through the floor of the car you going bombing in..thats kinna ghetto...
    sqautting in the ghetto and living off grocerys bought with stolen checks, thats kinna ghetto...
    seeing gangstars walk by with part of their ear missing after participating in a 30 deep brawl in the intersection by the sqaut your staying in...thats kinna ghetto....but dont forget you gotta stand on the porch and yell out your crew to get punk rock points...
    being able to see the plumbing in your bathroom ceiling...
    watching fools try to kill eachother with plastic chairs and pencils, after watching the same people share a dirty herion needle while being stoned on weed smoked out of toilet paper wrappers while hoping the sheriffs dont pepper spray the whole dorm is definitley ghetto...
    dead people in the parking lot is ghetto..
    crackheads leaving crackhead shit outside the crackdealers apartment next door and across the way from the afghani arms dealer is ghetto...
    thats all that really comes to mind at the moment...

5. willy!wonka

willy!wonka Senior Member

i got this out of my trusty websters dictionary..

Ghetto
    1.a section of some European cities to which Jews were restricted....
    2.any section to a city of which "many" members of a minority group live....

and thats all it says...

6. willy!wonka

willy!wonka Senior Member

ghet'to.tize'

1.to keep in a ghetto...
    2.to make into a ghetto...

7. komes

komes Member

Haha i came here expecting this.

8. eyeBddub

eyeBddub Member

your ghetto if you listen to backstreet boys

9. SCOTCH WHISKEO

SCOTCH WHISKEO Dirty Dozen Crew

Ghetto is a Yiddish word. The ghetto was the part of town that the jews were forced into after having their homes and buisneses taken by the Nazi's. The Ghetto had a wall around it.If a jew didn't make it back to the ghetto before curfew, they would be shot.
    The Ghetto is NOT some place people wanted to be. The Ghetto IS some place people are forced to be. The closest thing we have in the U.S. to a true Ghetto is an Indian Reservation, or the Japanese "Interment" camps of the 1940's, or a "Low-Income Housing-Project",or a "Share-Crop" plantation, or a Correctional-Facility.
    These are not the choicest places in which to live. To want to be "Ghetto" is as self-defeating as wanting to be "Prison" or "Concentration-Camp". For a free man to say "YO, I'm MAD concentration-camp, son!" not only sounds rediculous, but sounds a little insulting to those who are ACTUALLY interred or incarcerated for un-just reasons. If you ever find yourself actually "Ghetto", I hope that you are strong enough to be "Warsaw Ghetto" and rise-up. To take delight in the conditions your oppresssors have forced upon you is to insure that your babies will suffer the same indignities and attrocities you take pride in enduring. So until next time, keep it mad "slave", dunny.

10. 72swiftagression14

mother says ghetto is low classness

------------------

11. Retired Hasbeen

Retired Hasbeen Member

..I lived in what is reffered to commonly as "ghetto" and the only thinkg I ever thought of was getting the fuck out.It is a place with alot of heart and soul, but also trife with circumstances harsh enough to make you cry. It will eat most of us alive.
    It is not something to glamorize.

12. Seym1has2no3fiends

Seym1has2no3fiends Elite Member

EXACTLY! I think the topic should've been closed after this comment, because this is the bottom line- Motherfuckers nowadays in their suburban neighborhoods put the label "ghetto" on anything just to make themselves feel less isolated from the nitty gritty of society. Fuck them, that kind of shit offends me when I see people barley living... ghetto does not = anything good!

13. curious george

curious george Senior Member

the word ghetto is very overused. most people associate ghetto with something they might not have seen before. like a car goin down the road with a bungee cord holding the trunk closed. people are like, das ghetto. or certain shit people do, other people think it's ghetto. overall, ghetto is used too often.

14. 72swiftagression14

i would have to agree

------------------

15. TOY

TOY New Jack

thanks for defining this shit. maybe people will stop using describe how people act. "you are ghetto." are they really?