Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Are you a disrespectful person?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

I ask this question because I was told I'm not very respectful the other day.... so be it. Are you generally courteous when it comes to others and/or their property?

Instructions:
    1. Vote
    2. Explain why you picked the answer you picked.

2. I've heard the same thing, so i guess not.
    However, there are two things i repspect, my self and others privacy. I think being discreet and smooth is as respectfull as i can ever be. I wont respect anyone for a reason i dont understand..you can be 80 years old but if you talk shit or act stupid you'll be served by the youth with the quickness.

3. SleepAnDream

SleepAnDream Elite Member

i guess i was just raised "right". treat people how you would like to be treated... not meaning someone wont get the knuckles if need be.

4. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i expect respect
    i generally give it.

there's definitely some fools out there who get bitch slapped when they deserve it..

it's easier for me to give everyone their just due.

the world is a big fucking place
    i get aggravated easily
    so i guess i gotta live and let live
    otherwise i'd be pissed and angry all the time.

5. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

I'm generally respectful unless someone disrespects me first.
    There's no reason to piss people off for no reason. That's just an added headache. If you respect them, they'll usually respect you. na mean.

6. I don't think I've ever been accused of being disrespectful, except online, which doesn't count.

I treat everyone, friend or not, with utmost respect. Even when I'm disrespected, I try my best to keep a level head and continue being respectful in hopes the person will realize I'm not stooping down to that level, and avoid escalation.

In social situations however, I have a tendency to say risky jokes or make fun of someone before an acceptable comfort level has been established. So far, it's been no problem, since soon afterwards the person realizes I'm just trying to be friendly and break the awkward barrier, and it works. Somehow I've managed to keep these jokes under control and haven't gotten anyone pissed.

7. I dont think it has to do with what you're saying but more with the tone and visible intention on your behalf...Thats why i say that i dont respect anyone for reasons i dont understand...if you feel offended by something you've learned that is unapropriate and totally ignore my intention or context...we aint got much to say anyway.

I've felt like an ass a million times by people that where behaving in a 'respectfull' way but carried a very disrespectfull attitude at the same time...I'd classify that kind of behaviour as the worse.

8. Oh god, yeah... I fucking hate that shit. With the subtle backhanded compliments, obvious disinterest, and fake laughter. I usually very respectfully bow out and leave that type of situation.

And I totally agree with saying risky jokes with a light attitude. The jokes I mean, though, are like the "your mom"-type. Jokes that no matter what the attitude is you say them with, there's a big chance the other guy's not gonna be too happy with it. It's the type of joke me and my close friends are totally comfortable with, because we know not to get offended. Actually, the main humor in the joke is that it's supposed to be offensive. The possible outcomes of saying such a thing to someone you don't know well are A) The guy definitely doesn't dig it, and gets pissed, or B) The guy goes like "Did he just fucking say that? That's fucking awesome, this guy doesn't give a shit" and we become better friends. Thankfully, it's always been the latter.

9. word!

Another issue, besides jokes..is honesty. Some people feel like being respectfull means to not offend others opinions...i'd never say "fuck what you think, its all about this..." but i could never say that i'm respectfull to anyone while just agreeing with what they believe...calling it like you see it is the basis of respect.

10. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

i picked no, but i think some would choose yes for me...

for pretty much the same reasons as you guys....

misunderstood, gang........misunderstood........

11. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

I'm respectful as hell when it comes to older people and the like...but as far as most people go I could give a flying fuck less.

Last night alone, I got into a confrontation with some girls at McDonalds and proceeded to tell one to straighten out her wall-eye, the other to lay off the fast food... then I got a cup full of tea thrown in my face and proceeded to squeeze several packs of sweet and sour sauce into girl hair. Bitches get stitches and a side of fries oner.

12. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

assuming you people actually paint..then NO none of you are respectful... i dont call painting others property respect...and if you say besides painting you are respectful then you arent painting enough.

13. Not true, my days of putting shit up EVEYWHERE are long gone...i've caught my self a million times leaving a spot just cause i feel it doesnt need a tag on it...i never paint over others too...theres a code of respect...just very personal:dazed:

14. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

so painting some things are okay that arent yours and others arent? still its disrespectful to whoevers property YOU ARE painting.

15. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Word. If I wanted to kill Mom & Pop store fronts, churches and every other car up and down the street I would... for some reason I can't bring myself to do it, though.