Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Are we GreenParty? "We are not to the right or the left, but we are in front."

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by villain, Aug 26, 2004.

1. villain

villain Veteran Member

Ok I'm making a politics thread cause it's been a while. Just something I've been mulling over in my head.

A strange thing happened to politics in the 2000 elections. Many strange things.
    It was as if the entire political landscape changed. We saw the democratic party go back to basics, talking about grassroots organizing, the environment, etc.... essentially stealing the thunder of the green party and rendering it ineffectual. Even though the Green Party has been keeping it real all those years when the democratic party were little more than some more corporate cronies.

We saw the republican party become evil incarnate

And in all that election year looked much like a circus sideshow similar to the california elections.

9-11 brought a tone of seriousness and urgency to everything. The big wigs up top got out of their comfort zones and began to look again at the changing geopolitical landscape.... One where the US was the sole superpower and there were no visible enemies but that of revolution. A peoples revolution of oppressed against oppressor. Threats previously considered insignificant were taken into account. No longer could we turn a blind eye to the plight of distant nations, who's relationships with us are not clearly delineated to the casual observer. The first example of this global revolution was probably the Zapatista uprising. Or was it the Chechnyian rebels? I can scaracely remember. Perhaps we just felt closer to the strife in mexico.
    It was a new kind of war. A new kind of war that is just now getting the juggernauts attention. A war that is forcing us to take a moral, or immoral position. A position we have avoided for so long in the cold war race for acquistion of strategic positions and assets. It is as if we are karmically paying for that self centeredness.

Now the last tribes and lost souls and forgotten ones refuse to, and simply cannot be ignored. How do you go about beating into submission one who is already beneath your feet? I truly believe this is a war that cannot be fought with the iron fist of the cold war. It is a war that can only be won by taking the moral position.
    And no amount of politicking and chicanery can guard your secret weapons, no abysmal, cryptic lies can conceal any of your ill intent.... There is no amount of broadcasting incendiary messages to rally your base to help you. You cannot say one thing and do another because we see all. We are everywhere. We are all. We are the people. We are the oppressed and downtrodden. Are we the enemy?

P.S. I like John Kerry. Alot.

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

l: OOH YEEE GIVE ME SOME OF THAT
    d: ok
    l: :-!

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

this paragraph smells of alcohol

4. metallix

metallix Elite Member

5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

6. villain

villain Veteran Member

Ackshullay Eye wurent dinkin at all wen i riot thad....
    However I have been in some trouble of late for the alkamahol. Added to my list of problems.