Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

are wallet chains cool

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, May 8, 2003.

1. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

i've still got one and i wear it...i haven't lost my wallet yet...

2. bug

bug Guest

they were cool in the 80s.
    they caught on in big the90s along with doc martin boots.
    by the mid nineties only clueless idiots wore them.
    i stopped wearing mine in 94, and i haven't lost my wallet once

3. IDrinkSprite

IDrinkSprite Senior Member

it makes pickpocketing 10x harder for me

4. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

i had one in the early 90's. i lost one wallet since i stopped wearing the chain. that sucked. still chain free though...

5. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

i don't know if they are, i haven't called the fashion police in a grip! but check this out - my homeboy made a dope wallet out of some paper and duct tape. looks ugly ass hell. i wouldn't use it, but looks cool for him.

and that, is that.

6. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Me too mang.

7. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

never had a chain... i still have the same wallet i hand sewed in '98...

8. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

in '98? were you that kid at band camp who was all "I'm gonna keep this wallet forever, its gonna last a lifetime!"?

9. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

Had one when I was riding my Harley a lot

I guess it was just part of the uniform. My wife had a job at the Harley shop as a bookkeeper, because we knew the owners. There was a big ass recession, and the H-D shop was in deep trouble. To pay her the wages they owed her, they gave her Harley parts at at employee discount. I cleaned up big time that Christmas---new chrome drag pipes, tune-up kits, T-shirts, etc., including a cool ass chain wallet. I carried it for years, but when I went to nursing school in 1993, I hung it up, and mothballed my scooter.

I never lost my wallet either. BTW, the Harley guys I rode with all called it a "trucker's wallet." A friend of mine lost a pistol once in a bar, in the bathroom (he was wasted) but never his wallet. We went back later and asked the bartender "Hey, did you find a 9mm automatic in the head last night?" and he said (this is a true story, lol)

"What brand?"

My buddy, who was mortally embarrassed, and hung over as shit, mumbles "Smithanwesson."

"What was that? Speak up, I can't hear you?"

"Smith and Wesson."

"I ought to fucking keep it. You assholes are not welcome in my bar any more. Don't come back."

He slaps the pistol on the bar. No magazine.

"Where's the magazine?"

He puts the empty magazine down next to it.

"Sorry."

"I don't want to see any of you here again."

We left. I felt bad. He was right. I never went back.

10. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Re: Had one when I was riding my Harley a lot

heh, a similar thing happened to me at a Dennys... this was about a month after I passed out at the breakfast bar and dropped a full beer out of my pocket... it broke... anyway, I mainly stopped going to Dennys when I was loaded...

*mine was just a cheesey Davis Industries .380...

11. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

For Christ's sake, Heydrich, why are you shouting? This is a small forum. You're hurting my ears.

12. eseLokE1uno

eseLokE1uno Senior Member

i would have to agree

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

they were totally cool in 7th grade....go grab one dude.

14. oldenglish

oldenglish Banned

yes wallet chains are cool

right now i would rather have a coach wallet with no chain.

but i would rock a Harley Davidson extendo wallet chain Hells Angel style with out two thoughts about it.

15. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i have had my chain wallet for 6 years. i recently fixed it up with some duct tape, may it last for another 6 years.