ARE THERE ANY NYC RAVE EVENTS THIS WEEKEND ?

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not its really not . regular clubs are played out and too strict

dress codes ...bad music...bad dress codes...boring sad people..strict door policy. extravagant fees. who can have fun if you have to dress conservative , dance with lame people, and pay a lot?

it seems the best events are the ones the entire world doesnt know about

(ie; regular business clubs)

okay.... I'll admit it.... I've been to a few raves

but not at all recently. And we went to hear drum and bass.....

so there were never candy necklaces or funfur unless some girl

was looking really cute.....

but that shit is over man.

anyone who was doing it when it was new is just

sticking it out to make some money off people a generation

or more younger tham themselves. The 'rave' is over.

It's been over for years. 10 years ago when I went to my first one

it was already on the slide.. yeah..... just go to a lot of places and stay where you like.

maybe i shouldnt use the word rave

i mean a place where people can dance and do whatever to hardcore electonic music with no dress codes and age policies where you can go in and out of the place as many times as you want and do whatever the fuck u want thats legal and nobody cares? mainstream clubs dont offer that, they dont offer reasonable door fee and they dont offer a good place to dance. theyre there for normal people to go and get laid not dance and restrict your choice of clothing and behaviour as well

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Dec 17 2004, 07:41 AM

but that shit is over man.

anyone who was doing it when it was new is just

sticking it out to make some money off people a generation

or more younger tham themselves.

They've been saying this about hardcore for decades. And about rock since Hendrix died.

Yet it all keeps going on. I'm so confused.

:confused2:

just go pick up some flyers down at satelite records, you should be able to find some good info there right?

haven't been to one in 4 years so i wouldn't know. i did go see soul slinger, j smooth, q bert, forget who else, on seperate occasions, but nonetheless some good drum n bass here and there. never got as into it as my high school friends did though.

I was in my apartment. And I said "yo Rob", and he said "Yo Oliver, what's up?", and I said "I like fuckin' drugs" and he said "yeah?" I said "yeah, let's take some E" and he said "yeeeeah!" and so we went downtown to my friend Leslie's house on our bikes, and I was like "Yo leslie, we're gonna take these bitches to the movies, could I have 50 dollars? cuz like, I'm gonna buy 'em popcorn 'n shit" and she was like "yeah I guess so, you gonna pay me back?" and I was like "yeah I'll pay you back,' and she's like "alright, so you can take these to the movies, that's cool" and I was like "that's cool, yah I'm gonna get 'em popcorn n shit?" Yo, but what she didn't realize and understand--what she didn't catch on to was....the basic fact that, well....

....we were on a mission! For Ecstacy!

Originally posted by iquit@Dec 17 2004, 01:43 AM

oh dear god that was the worst post i have ever seen in my life. worse than any of tease's. worse than dance n' graf. 12oz, unleash your fury.

Just to let you know that's a song about NYC raves by The Horrorist

Mettalix, be warned. They actually play music like that. You basically have the options of either a "trance dance party" with the "YaY PlUr XtC" crowd mentioned earlier or the mad graffin' wildstyle ecko hoodie breakbeat massive.

My advice: avoid raves like the plague.

the last rave i went to was planet new year 95, in san fran

i havent been to a big party like that since then.

my first one was at the haze theatre on 16th and harrison in 93..san fran

anyone ever been to the old parties there? that place was a trip.

massive culture 93

cyberfest...the first one

those were fun too

yea... 2 step isnt mainstream in america yet..

i'm kinda raved out.....i thinks its cause i smoke ciggerettes so now i cant dance for near 10 hours anymore.. last rave i was t in a barn i sorta nodded my head for a few minutes..did a couple ups and slowed into a beatfreak poplock and then lit a smoke and sat down....

i got sad when jungle became big in america..now its friggen everywhere .. thats probably one pf the reasons why i stopped listening to the radio and watching tv...

i just dont get it..why did dj rap do a twix commercial..why

but i still love gabber/hardcore and all its subgenres...minus happy

and oldschool breaks..

and for some reason i cant bring myself to sexually proposition decu...or symbols for that matter.. that confuses me..and i dont know why..