are there any gearheads in here?

vinyl junkie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i luv imports but i hate hondas go fig. lemmie guess u live in a place a big wing tv's and a pep boys exaust is your ticket to fame? heh. yea im a gear head. i plan on gettin either an eclipse gsx or a ws6. but right now 12g's will get the gsx. around here u will find a nice mix of imports and domestics. we have a TT 99 firehawk that hits 10's and a skyline r34 (imported through motorex) i have yet to see these two beasts go toe to toe. so hows the car scene where ur at kid?

right on-me....1964 Ford Fairlane-I'm taking out the 200 six in it and replacing it with a 351 Cleveland-and leaving the outside and the interior stock.(sleeper)

1973 Pontiac with a "455" and posi

also a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger which is getting changed over to a 440-the motor is coming out of a '72 Chrysler New Yorker-again the overall appearence of the Dart is going to stock-whitewalls and hubcaps(a grandmas' grocery getter with a bit(a lot) more punch)...anyways-good luck with your truck-a '57 Ford truck has a sick body style..you got a short-box?...if you do...nice..they are hard to find.

it's a short bed fleet-side... fun as shit.

as for the car scene, i'm pretty near San Francisco, and if you get into it there's a lot of sweet fucking cars there, but as far as my town goes, there's a lot of kids who got their parents to buy them super-street chevelles as soon as they turned 16 and shit like that... type R integra's as far as the eye can see (if you've seen one souped up import you've seen *almost* all of them). But it's pretty rare to find someone here who knows what's under their hood, let alone E.T.'s, top speeds, or even how to work on it. I'm curious about the graff kids with hod rods though, i've never known any besides myself. Most i meet either drive hoopties (completely understandable, I went through two in three years) or 'burners... way to many civics. i'm glad to see there's other people in here who appreciate a fun ride...

by the way... my 440 is from a 69 or 70 new yorker... are you getting the push-button tranny? i got it in mine... big pimpin'

i'm also glad to see at least someone here really takes it seriously (more than one old car). i've got a fully restored '52 chevy truck too... definately ain't fast but it sure is strong. it's a hell of a lot of work keeping them both running though.

No,I'm going to skip the push-button tranny and just put a shift kit in it with a DANA 60 rear-end-that Dart is going to fucking fly when it's through-and the funny thing is that not too many people will know what that car is equipped with because of the "stock look"..the original color is bright red with a black vinyl top and black interior---it will be faster than my old Plymouth Scamp-that had a built 360 in it with a B&m shift kit-0 to 60 in 4 and half seconds-no joke.I took out the excess weight off of it and that car passed everything but a gas station.The Fairlane is my "daily driver" and the Yak is chillin' for a while.There is quite a bit of snow on the ground here and that size of motor is a little too much for the road conditions.I want to get a 71 or 72 Mustang for some reason.

anyways....here's a list of some my rides I've had in the past(keep in mind all these cars needed work when they were purchased-and they all got fixed back to stock appearence)with motor work.

1959 Chevy Apache short box

1951 Chevy 3100 short box(thriftmaster)

1956 Chevy 1/2 ton

1980 Honda Accord(new motor)

1964 Chevy Impala(rebuilt 283)

1986 Honda Civic(my Seattle commuter)

1972 Chevy El Camino(bought from the original owner)-all this needed was a new grille

1970 Chevy Impala Custom(perfect)

1970 Chevy CST-10( new front end)

1977 Ford Mustang II(new 302)

1972 Chevy CST-10(barely did anything to it)perfect

1973 Plymouth Scamp(new 360 and interior)

1972 Plymouth Scamp(redid the body)

1970 Dodge Dart(in process)

1975 Dodge Dart(restored complete with original paperwork)

1964 Ford Fairlane(daily driver)original

1973 Pontiac Grandville 2-dr Hardtop(my built 455)

1971 Dodge Polara 2 door hardtop with a 383(original)

I'm sure are some more but I can't remember right now....this is over the last 6 or 7 years...

i work on hotrods all day long! mostly suspension work, bodywork and channeling. but i do engine work in my garage, my daily driver 92' toyota pickup which is bagged, bodydropped 4 inches and completely shaved will soon be rid of its built 22re and will be recieving a chevy 350. and im picking up a 59' cadillac (drool drool) off of a friend for 900 bucks, its rusted to hell and needs alot of work but the engine is running very strong, im not sure what my plans are for it yet but it will be something special when done i can promise you that. fuck the import kids that buy everything or have everything done at shops. we get these shitheads in all day long with daddys credit card buying 5000 dollar suspension setups... but i guess i shouldnt complain cause they pay my salary.

list of rides ive owned ...

- 86' mazda b-2200 x-cab, bodydropped to door, hydros, completely shaved, full fiberglass interior, with rx-7 motor swap.

-92' toyota p/u, as described above

-soon 59' caddy, most likely im gonna bag it, do a little shaving here and there, and put a slick paintjob on it

Hey,WhenOne....when you do the body work on your Cad that you are getting-make sure you go a body shop that might have an "old-timer" that knows how to do lead work-or find someone that knows how to piece together some metal so when it's all done there will be no "bondo" on it-if you ever sell it and someone asks you..(which most people will)...the car will be all metal-it is pretty easy to do...you live in L.A. right?...I will ask my Dad if he still knows of anywhere you can have it done for not much money..my Pops graduated with Keith Black(of Keith Black motors)and Ron Hedman(of Hedman Headers) back in '59 from Inglewood High School(which is where I grew up till I was 16)..I'm sure I might be able to hook you up...maybe..I'll try.anyways,good luck.hit on an E-mail...you can get my address through this board.

thanks 455, im pretty handy with a welder though ive shaved my toyota and mazda completely and the only body filler (bondo) on on them was beneath the rear windows. everything else is extremely close to glass straight without it, i also use an 'allmetal filler' instead of bondo on anyone elses ride that i do cause it is far less likely to crack. i work on hotrods all day and i can tell you that no one is pickier than a hotrodder thats put down 7,000 in our hands to do some work on his ride and expects his ride to come out looking tits

When,I feel you on that...when I posted last night I completely overlooked the fact that you mentioned you had experience in body work-on some of the cars I've had-I've sometimes spent all day sanding and priming one spot on the thing because when it gets painted I want no ripples of any sort....and since I'm not really getting paid for it I like to take my time so it comes out right the first time-also it is Ken Hedman-not Ron(I was pretty shitfaced when I posted)..regardless,good luck on your new baby.I hope it turns out sick.My whole family still lives in L.A.--if I ever move back(which I would like to..I don't care what anyone says..California is home to me)..I wouldn't mind trying to get connected with working at a place where you do...I try to put 110% of myself into anything I do-even if it for someone else.It's all about pride and if you have love for what you are doing.

yeah my job has to be the best thing going for me for the past few years. yeah i feel that other peoples rides come 1st, ive been meaning to finish my toyota up for close to 2 years now, it has had no dash for almost a year now cause im molding a new one that i havent gotten around to yet, it has no carpet, and i have no time to drop the new engine in, plus i drive it everyday... shit sucks but customers always come 1st

damn it, all Ive wanted all my life was any old car... my goal for 2002 was to finally get something, and then what happens? My daily driver dies. Transmission explodes, so now I have to fix that before I can even think of getting a project car. What I would really like to get is a late 40's sedan... I almost bought a plymouth super delux 1948 at one point, and Im pissed I didnt... I would like to get something like that, or maybe perhaps a '35 ford business coupe... I definately have a taste for old stuff... so we'll see what happens

Originally posted by Raw fish

damn it, all Ive wanted all my life was any old car... my goal for 2002 was to finally get something, and then what happens? My daily driver dies. Transmission explodes, so now I have to fix that before I can even think of getting a project car. What I would really like to get is a late 40's sedan... I almost bought a plymouth super delux 1948 at one point, and Im pissed I didnt... I would like to get something like that, or maybe perhaps a '35 ford business coupe... I definately have a taste for old stuff... so we'll see what happens

tell you the truth, my old trucks have been cheaper to maintain than any of my newer cars (well i'm not including gas money... i'm lucky if i get 10 mpg). You may have to wait a little longer to find a part, but when you do it's generally cheaper than a newer car, and also there's a lot fewer things to actually break down on older cars... take a look under the hood of a newer car and it's jam-packed with every little gadget and add-on you can think of... take a look under the hood of an older car and there's an engine... oh, and maybe a wiper fluid jug...

also, one of my favorite things about older cars... i don't have to try to pass smog. every two years I have to help my buddy pull the engine out of his mid-80's camaro and put the original engine back in...

Guest WebsterUno

can you mobb your old school? -E40

I just bought the part, that was giving my engine

'chest pains', last night. My EGR needed to be replaced.

So tonight it gets put in, I was sick last night, still am,

but I was way sicker last night. Im headed to Turlok

on Sunday to find my dash panel, and hopefully some

other knick knacks,, like my cill plates,

and maybe some new pedals. Keeping my shit stock

too. No stripes, no decals, nadda! Just clean paint,

vinyl top , and all chrome pieces. Stock rallys, still

got all FIVE from its original purchase. With some Daytonas.

My car was pretty much all there when I first bought it.

I pulled my black interior from another car, and ripped

the 350 turbo tranny from it too. My shit is close…real close.

My dad used t have a 64 Rambler, stock too.

He also had a 69 Coug-nut. A Valiant, dont remember the year.

My favorite was his 69 camaro. Too bad he sold it.

Guest WebsterUno

Americana!

Sho nuff…thats was my first real driver.

Pops would let me mash out in it too.

I got my first ticket in it for mobbin deep through the hood.

It looked somewhat like a falcon, you know.

Clean fuckin ride too. Alot of people would

offer me money for it, but I couldnt sell it, too sweet.

It was white, white a gryish interior, and all stock looking.

It finnaly did get sold about 4 years ago, fucking

idiot smashed it 2 weeks later. I should have kept it.

Re: Americana!

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Alot of people would

offer me money for it, but I couldnt sell it, too sweet.

there's nothing quite like feeling of driving around and having people offer you money for whatever you're driving... my best offer so far has been $12,000 for my ford... a little hard to resist

fucking sucks dude wrecked that rambler so quick... there aren't enough of those anymore

Guest WebsterUno

Im no gear head, but I like my car.

Now, this man is a gear head!…

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/jay_leno.gif'>

You ever seen "My Classic Car" on TNN.

Dude with the mustache?

That show is dope. They always got FAT fucking rides on there.

Makes me drool everytime. Leno was on there once too.

He was showing off his collection, and his steam engine buggy.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by 455

Hell yeah,that show rules.-that guy is lucky to be able to drive all those sick rides or ride in 'em.

YouKnowWhatImSayin! That would be sick!

Guest WebsterUno

Archived