Are Crowds Fucking Retarded?

Guest Ted Wakowski

Guest Ted Wakowski

I went to a show last night that was SUPPOSED to be Hip-Hop. The group usually hold shit down but, for some reason, last night they fucking sucked, playing wack covers of Rick James songs and putting about as much enthusiasm into the performance as a 20-year-old limp dog puts into chasing a frisbee.

What upsets me is the fact that the moron fucking crowd* was actually getting into it, flailing their hands around like chimpanzees and somehow summoning the internal energy to sing along and dance to the disappointing LACK of anything worth moving to on stage. Fortunately I avoided dishing out the twenty-something dollars to get in and be abused by such low-quality entertainment.

Why was the crowd enjoying themselves? What thought process lead them to believe that the things happening around them were happiness-inducing? Why isn't it legal to spray a room full of assholes with hydrochloric acid, set them on fire, and send in a fleet of rabid, horny boars to fuck their charred remains? These fucking questions plague my hollow mind as I crawl unappreciatively through this taken-for-granted life.

*the statement preceeding this asterisk can be interpreted as either a 'crowd of people who fuck morons' or 'a group of moronic people' with the adjective 'fucking' used descriptively ... your choice.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I RARELY EVER ENJOY MYSELF AT SHOWS OF ANY KIND AND I NEVER DANCE... I WISH I COULD SEE THE BEATLES OR HENDRIX... THAT WOULD BE DOPE...

AS FOR THE RATIONALE BEHIND THOSE PEOPLE'S ENTHUSIASM... THEY PAYED TO GET IN SO THEY PROBABLY FELT THE INCLINATION TO MAKE THEMSELVES HAVE A GOOD TIME...

BY THE WAY, DOGS DON'T LIVE UNTIL THEY'RE 20

Guest --zeSto--

people will create their own buzz.

Just think of all the idiots who go bonkers over strobe lights and trance music.

why?? because that want it to be fun.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

BY THE WAY, DOGS DON'T LIVE UNTIL THEY'RE 20

my boy's dog lived until 20, then they put it to sleep. Because of connections, the Globe and Mail (a big Canadian newspaper I don't read) published it's first obituary for someone that ain't human. A pretty big eulogy, still.

oh, and fuck a "show."

I WENT TO JAMES TAYLOR LAST YEAR AND CRIED AT THE CONCERT

I WAS PRETTY DRUNK AND TWO DAYS EARLIER MY GIRLFRIEND HAD DUMPED ME OVER THE PHONE WHILE I WAS LOCKED UP...

TRUE STORY, JAMES TAYLOR IS DEPRESSING AS FUCK, BUT ODDLY UPLIFTING...

I DON'T LIKE HIP-HOP BUT I LOVE WACK-OW-SKI

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by --zeSto--

Just think of all the idiots who go bonkers over strobe lights and trance music.

Word. I'm thinking alcohol is playing a part here as well.

I like how this shit starts as a stupid rant about people at shows and, within 10 posts, morphs into a discussion of dog anecdotes and James Taylor.

last night i went to this party .... but it was more like a damn mini rave. fuckin trance, strobe lights etc. it was really.. stupid. i had to drink because of the dorks that were skipping around with there photon light key chains. what a shitty day so i just went upstairs and watched t.v. in his room. the 'raaaaaave' got too hardcore for me. before i could tolerate it a little but now I FUCKIN HATE TRANCE.

anywho.. yea crowds are fuckin retarded. i hate people that walk all retarded too in crowded places like disneyland or mall what not.

I MUST HAVE BEEN AHEAD OF MY TIME BECAUSE I ALWAYS THOUGHT RAVES WERE CORNY...

RAVER CHICKS ARE A DIFFERENT STORY: ALWAYS FREAKY

2 WEEKS AGO ME AND MY BOYS CRASHED A PARTY AT THIS GAY EX-RAVER DUDE'S HOUSE THAT WE KNOW AND DRANK ALL HIS LIQUOR... LATER THAT NIGHT HE ENDED UP PISS DRUNK WATCHING BUFFY RE-RUNS ON TAPE WITH TWO FAT CHICKS AND IT WAS BUGGED BECAUSE HE KNEW ALL THE LINES AND WAS SAYING THEM...

WHILE THIS WAS GOING ON WE STOLE HIS BLACKLIGHT AND A BAG OF WEED... THE NEXT DAY I FELT GUILTY BECAUSE I'M TOO OLD TO DO THAT TYPE OF STUPID SHIT, BUT AT LEAST I DIDN'T CHEAT ON MY GIRL WITH SOME VISITING SLUT FROM MIAMI WHO WAS ASKING FOR IT...

Guest --zeSto--

ok.. I'll admit this.. I used to go to raves and do some dumb shit.

But it was with 1000 other people in a smoked out old warehouse or some shit.

And my time was spent listen to drum and bass or breaks, not euro trance.

It wasn't a few kids getting high then turning out the lights and putting some winamp plug-in on to fullscreen mode. That's nothing!

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

KNOW SOMETHING WACK OWSKI?

IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN WILLIAMSBURGO, DUMBO, OR GREENPOINT YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY MOVE THERE... YOU'RE THE TYPE

I'm not sure if this is an insult. If it is, props. I respect a nice slap in the face with the intention of belittling one's feelings.

I don't stay in New York though.

Guest Ted Wakowski

My thing was locating someone with a cell phone, driving around with them and calling the cops on random parties where lots of drugs were present. There's something fun about sitting outside of a house from the comfort of a car and watching a bunch of herbs come flooding out when the cops arrive.

Guest --zeSto--

^ yeah.. the things we went to were a little bigger than house parties.

once the riot squad actually showed up at this warehouse/sound stage

and rushed the place. We all got lead out in between plastic police sheilds.

One cop on a megaphone was like "If you have any drugs, better drop them on the floor because we're searching everyone." They didn't.

It was such a fucking bust, they knew who they were after.

Guest Ted Wakowski

This doesn't relate to anything, but a friend of mine took 2 drunk kids down to a hooker spot once and waited while they double-teamed a fat one. He describes heading over to where the kids were fucking this prostitute and hearing them say it was a man as they disregarded such a revelation and proceeded to fuck from both ends.

Guest --zeSto--

so to bring it back to the original topic...

simply put, The bigger the group, the dumber it gets.

Just like my old moms used to say, It's only as good as the lowest common denominator.

so the more people you get together,

the bigger chance of the mongoloid gene slipping in there,

and the better the chance of the group following the idiocy.

Guest Canadiano

yo, I just realized that if you look at what Ted Wakowski says in the first post, he's all wierd. I've heard of gay "underground homo-hoppers" who love bullshit alternative "hip-hop" and hate on anything that succeeds in the industry (a cardinal sin, didn't you know?) So, you paid for a show that involved "hip-hoppers" prancing around stage singing Rick James songs. Yeah. And plus that thread a while back that was hating on all that men are? ??

defjux, dewd! underground!

on a related note: my buddy said he was watching that show on City called QTV (queer television), and they had gay rappers performing in some gay club for a gay audience...for real. but appreciate them, all you "real heads", for they are far better than, say, mobb deep, right?

But it was with 1000 other people in a smoked out old warehouse or some shit.

And my time was spent listen to drum and bass or breaks, not euro trance.

It wasn't a few kids getting high then turning out the lights and putting some winamp plug-in on to fullscreen mode. That's nothing!

drum and bass is exceptional fuck trance and that happycore bullshit

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by Canadiano

yo, I just realized that if you look at what Ted Wakowski says in the first post, he's all wierd. I've heard of gay "underground homo-hoppers" who love bullshit alternative "hip-hop" and hate on anything that succeeds in the industry (a cardinal sin, didn't you know?) So, you paid for a show that involved "hip-hoppers" prancing around stage singing Rick James songs. Yeah. And plus that thread a while back that was hating on all that men are? ??

defjux, dewd! underground!

Yo, what does all this mean ^ ?

It was a Roots show, I tend to like The Roots, so I figured it would be good. I was wrong.

Guest Canadiano

it was roots? my bad.

i guess I shouldn't have vented my frustration at "those" people through you. But you must understand of whom I'm talking about.

Archived