Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Are Crowds Fucking Retarded?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ted Wakowski, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

I went to a show last night that was SUPPOSED to be Hip-Hop. The group usually hold shit down but, for some reason, last night they fucking sucked, playing wack covers of Rick James songs and putting about as much enthusiasm into the performance as a 20-year-old limp dog puts into chasing a frisbee.

What upsets me is the fact that the moron fucking crowd* was actually getting into it, flailing their hands around like chimpanzees and somehow summoning the internal energy to sing along and dance to the disappointing LACK of anything worth moving to on stage. Fortunately I avoided dishing out the twenty-something dollars to get in and be abused by such low-quality entertainment.

Why was the crowd enjoying themselves? What thought process lead them to believe that the things happening around them were happiness-inducing? Why isn't it legal to spray a room full of assholes with hydrochloric acid, set them on fire, and send in a fleet of rabid, horny boars to fuck their charred remains? These fucking questions plague my hollow mind as I crawl unappreciatively through this taken-for-granted life.

*the statement preceeding this asterisk can be interpreted as either a 'crowd of people who fuck morons' or 'a group of moronic people' with the adjective 'fucking' used descriptively ... your choice.

2. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

I RARELY EVER ENJOY MYSELF AT SHOWS OF ANY KIND AND I NEVER DANCE... I WISH I COULD SEE THE BEATLES OR HENDRIX... THAT WOULD BE DOPE...

AS FOR THE RATIONALE BEHIND THOSE PEOPLE'S ENTHUSIASM... THEY PAYED TO GET IN SO THEY PROBABLY FELT THE INCLINATION TO MAKE THEMSELVES HAVE A GOOD TIME...

BY THE WAY, DOGS DON'T LIVE UNTIL THEY'RE 20

3. socrates

socrates Guest

It is legal in some states to spray a crowd with acid and then left light them on fire, check your local laws.

4. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Ok ... 19.

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

people will create their own buzz.

Just think of all the idiots who go bonkers over strobe lights and trance music.

why?? because that want it to be fun.

6. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

DAMN ZESTO I LIKE YOU MORE WITH EVERY POST

7. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

my boy's dog lived until 20, then they put it to sleep. Because of connections, the Globe and Mail (a big Canadian newspaper I don't read) published it's first obituary for someone that ain't human. A pretty big eulogy, still.

oh, and fuck a "show."

8. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

I WENT TO JAMES TAYLOR LAST YEAR AND CRIED AT THE CONCERT

I WAS PRETTY DRUNK AND TWO DAYS EARLIER MY GIRLFRIEND HAD DUMPED ME OVER THE PHONE WHILE I WAS LOCKED UP...

TRUE STORY, JAMES TAYLOR IS DEPRESSING AS FUCK, BUT ODDLY UPLIFTING...

I DON'T LIKE HIP-HOP BUT I LOVE WACK-OW-SKI

9. socrates

socrates Guest

Who writes a eulogy for a dog, what are the "highlights" and "accomplishments" for it's life???

10. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

it lived to 20. that's accomplishment enough, no? Anyway, he was a cute dog.

11. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

I THINK THERE COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT OF HIGHLIGHTS IN 20 YEARS... EVEN FOR A DOG

MY ROTT JUST DIED AT 14... AND I HAVE MAD STORIES ABOUT THAT GOOD OLD BOY

12. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

Word. I'm thinking alcohol is playing a part here as well.

I like how this shit starts as a stupid rant about people at shows and, within 10 posts, morphs into a discussion of dog anecdotes and James Taylor.

13. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

KNOW SOMETHING WACK OWSKI?

IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN WILLIAMSBURGO, DUMBO, OR GREENPOINT YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY MOVE THERE... YOU'RE THE TYPE

14. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

last night i went to this party .... but it was more like a damn mini rave. fuckin trance, strobe lights etc. it was really.. stupid. i had to drink because of the dorks that were skipping around with there photon light key chains. what a shitty day so i just went upstairs and watched t.v. in his room. the 'raaaaaave' got too hardcore for me. before i could tolerate it a little but now I FUCKIN HATE TRANCE.

anywho.. yea crowds are fuckin retarded. i hate people that walk all retarded too in crowded places like disneyland or mall what not.

15. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

I MUST HAVE BEEN AHEAD OF MY TIME BECAUSE I ALWAYS THOUGHT RAVES WERE CORNY...

RAVER CHICKS ARE A DIFFERENT STORY: ALWAYS FREAKY

2 WEEKS AGO ME AND MY BOYS CRASHED A PARTY AT THIS GAY EX-RAVER DUDE'S HOUSE THAT WE KNOW AND DRANK ALL HIS LIQUOR... LATER THAT NIGHT HE ENDED UP PISS DRUNK WATCHING BUFFY RE-RUNS ON TAPE WITH TWO FAT CHICKS AND IT WAS BUGGED BECAUSE HE KNEW ALL THE LINES AND WAS SAYING THEM...

WHILE THIS WAS GOING ON WE STOLE HIS BLACKLIGHT AND A BAG OF WEED... THE NEXT DAY I FELT GUILTY BECAUSE I'M TOO OLD TO DO THAT TYPE OF STUPID SHIT, BUT AT LEAST I DIDN'T CHEAT ON MY GIRL WITH SOME VISITING SLUT FROM MIAMI WHO WAS ASKING FOR IT...