Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Arctic Donkeys

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dr. Dazzle, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Despite having the worst name in history, THE ARCTIC MONKEYS are the latest band to hit it big in the UK. They were recently voted Best Band by NME, despite their debut album coming out only 1 month ago (which seems a bit excessive to me). Anyway, I just wanted to make this thread now because chances are in a few months all you hipster doofuses will be in love with them, and I can link to this page and tell you that I was all on this before you were and rub it in your faces.

I can also take this opportunity to say that they are very good friend's with my cousin. I have met all of them except for the bass player. They seemed alright, but I remember everyone used to make fun of the singer because he thought he was such hot shit because he was in a band that was actually playing shows (my cousin's band Johnny Danger, played one show, I think, and then disbanded), and yeah, he was pretty full of himself. They weren't the Arctic Monkeys then, they had some equally gay name that I can't remember.

This is their website, you can hear a couple of their songs in the video section. Despite the terrible name I think they're alright, though they sound like a Northern version/ripoff of the Libertines in my humble opinion.

2. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

I thought this thread was about white people

and damn my eyes are hurtin, I thought is said "arctic monkees"

damn I have some wierd thoughts going on in my head...

3. Dr. Dazzle

Why would you change the title of this thread? Now I just look like I'm talking about nonsense...

4. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

No way man... because you say the name right at the start and not only will this pull people who don't know about it all, wondering just as much about donkeys as monkeys... and you'll get the kids who know and just think you typo'ed... PLUS you'll also pull the kids who think they're smarter than you coming to tell you that you're stupid for saying Donkeys... but now they know you didn't say it... but whatever, the thread still gets hits... and you expanded your fanbase, so to speak

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

plus I was just remarking about the Donkey Kong/ Monkey Kong delima in the video games thread so you just kind of stepped in it too... sometimes they get a whiff before you wipe your shoe...

6. Dr. Dazzle

I never see it the way you do, Smart.

Proceed.

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I mean, but... we're cool right?

left out the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation

8. I've been listening to them non stop this week or so. i likr them alot. Get on your dancing shoes

9. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

zappa?

10. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

ok i am just checking out this band i wished that they sucked i really do the bassist popped fucking collar on the dance floor song but they are good

and i hate it i will be buying the cd... good call 12oz for keeping me informed...

since when is music going back to the 80's?

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

zappa?
    [post=4340338]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

sure, Dweezil rules! Did you ever see him in uh... um... that one movie Pauly Shore turned down?

12. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

I heard this shit. it's going to be the next annoyingly large band. It's got that catchy, bratty, self absorbed quality that al the hipsters dig these days. I hate them now, and in two months no mesuring insturment will be able to get a reading on how much I hate them.

13. fuse=--action

fuse=--action Senior Member

I thought that this thread was going to be about these:

[​IMG]

Except in snow.
    And with more pictures.

Needless to say, I'm dissappointed.
    -fuse.

14. gren1 bnc

gren1 bnc Senior Member

arctic monkeys are amazing...best band ive heard in ages...ive not heard a song thats not one of my favourite songs ever. they are incredible.

15. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I hate 95% of band names these days. People think they can sell records by wearing tight pants and growing a beard. There was this group called "Valient Thorr" on AOTS the other day and they were horrible! HORRIBLE!

[​IMG]