aquariums...

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Guest Ginger Bread Man

who has an aquarium or sustains aqualife in their homes? i just picked up a 20 gallon tank to break in the new fish into their permenant home. anyone have any interesting, large or super expensive fish?

:discuss:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

haha thats comedy. im about to drop about 1400 on my aquarium.. i totally forgot about the legal bullshit...

shit why did u remind me?

when i was younger, my parents bought a bunch of salt water fishies and they all ended up killing one another...the panther fish ate the really young clown fish oine night and when we checked it out in the morning you could see a faint orange lump showing through it's belly.

all my fish are freshwater fish (mostly cichlids, and a couple catfish) -- so no, nothing that exotic... gotta go with the saltwater fish if you want the real bright colored or bizarre fish. but saltwater fish is usually more expensive and more difficult to maintain.

anyone here know what's the better tank, acrylic or glass? there has been discussion about this. i own a glass one -- most of the fish store owners seem to prefer acrylic. but acrylic will scratch when you clean the tank too harshly or the rocks on the bottom will scratch it.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

i read a bit about the glass vs acrylic. most swear that on larger aquaria the prefered is acrylic . ask me why?

no clue

Fish suck...although when I was younger I caught a lil net full of baby catfish and brought them home. Two of em grew up to be decent sized and they were cool, but then 1 ate the other, and the cat killed the survivor a few days later