Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

aphex twin

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8lover, Jun 3, 2001.

1. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

maybe someone had a thread about him before, but its gone now..

the guy is a genius, and the compositions he creates are some of the most next level shit you will ever hear...

if you dont get goosebumps after hearing songs like "on," "alberto balsalm" or "girl/boy song" then you arent human...

what are all your favorite songs? anyone have the opportunity to have ever seen him live?

2. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

aphex twin crushes.
    i have pretty much all his shit(or rather used too http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>)
    i think dibs has a ton too.

3. brown twinkie

oh yea, i saw him live a few years back, it was pretty much the most insane show i ever saw. he was lying on the stage looking into his laptop(mind you this was before the huge craze to use laptops live)all relaxed whilst the most incredibly loud earsplitting noise morphed into the most utterly insanely beautiful melody and sickest breaks ever......i have a couple of his live performances on minidisc too.
    the only other show that was on par was autechre.....they were fuckin' way too insane as well.

4. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

ahhhhhhhh you bastard...you are lucky.

its hard to even begin to technically have all the stuff hes done...here is a not complete discography
    http://www.this-adress.co.uk/aphex.htm

i have all his eps, albums...but not half of the other stuff, not to mention all the different aliases he has..

5. brown twinkie

yea, he has way too much shit, but alot of it isn't that great, just becuz its
    rare or whatever....
    his old stuff tends to be really 4 to the floor techno crap, which i
    personally am not a fan of. for me he started to get really interesting after
    i care becuz you do.....just a personal preference, i still love his first album.
    i had gak, hangable autobulb, etc.etc.etc....but they and about $6000 worth of other shit got scammed last summer from the storage locker i had. weak.

6. chizm

chizm Senior Member

aphex twin is the muthafuckin shizzat. i'd had some pretty intense mushroom trips based on him.

7. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

haha a magazine once put him on the top 5 artist to NEVER listen to on psychedelics...heh

8. brown twinkie

this chick i used to live with met him at a club in london about 2years ago.
    no super greasy details to speak of, he was nice, they
    bullshatted for 2 seconds, over.
    its funny how alot of breakbeat shit and 'electronica' stuff is now catching up with the shit he did in 97 in terms of micro-editing, melodies etc.....

[This message has been edited by brown twinkie (edited 06-04-2001).]

9. scienxe

scienxe Member

hell yes. aphex twin is definitely rockin like dokken. hmm. anyone hear the new boredoms lp? they arent a noise band anymore apparently?! its some really really good techno.

-scienxe

10. brown twinkie

rockin' like dokken!!!!! do i know you scienxe???? man, only me and my boys know shit like that! ahh, whatever happened to mr. don dokken eh?
    haven't heard new boredoms.............its techno? hmm, thats interesting for them...
    yamatsuka eye is one of my favourite persons to read about/listen to.
    if you like him too, you should pick up YaniYani, the collaboration he did with john zorn, its fuckin' wicked.

11. jointhedotz

jointhedotz Member

Girl/Boy just does things to me...i cant explain...genius...(although the come to daddy video gives me the freaks

12. scienxe

scienxe Member

heh. i may have met you at some point because i meet like 5000000 people every week travelling. but me and my friends in philly say rockin like dokken. i dont know anyone who writes (atleast that i know of.)
    oh. ive heard of yaniyani, but haven't checked it out yet. i plan on it though. i wish techno vinyl was cheaper ::sigh::

-scienxe

13. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

boredoms are japanese noise rock

14. brown twinkie

15. brown twinkie

you know what, its not yaniyani, its 'NaniNani'.........oops.