Aphex Twin fans...

Guest pulk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Has anyone seen that aphex twin video.It's all white with umbrelas and monster faced bitches...Very wierd video.

Guest rules for mules

ahhh...

one step ahead of all of you.

get the first disc but don't download the second one, but buy the complete album when it comes out...........

track number two on the first disc is my favorite.

Guest rules for mules

acutally download the whole album. it beats almost anything that has already been release or is going to be released this year..

Originally posted by Tesseract:

Has anyone seen that aphex twin video.It's all white with umbrelas and monster faced bitches...Very wierd video.

Yeah, that was the Windowlicker video.. It was taking the piss out of R&B/Gangsta Rap videos.. as for the monster faced bitches, Chris Cunningham (who made the film) cut and pasted Richard D. James (Aphex Twin)'s face onto the women.. I think that he's just slightly insane.. Check out the video for Come To Daddy for more same-faced madness..

And while we're on the topic of IDM - when the hell are Boards Of Canada going to get around to releasing a new album? I'm quite certain they've finished it..

that exclusive track that warp released was a bit of a

disappointment i found.....some nice bits, but overall

the track kinda sucked.

hopefully the album is dope...

as far as the videos.....some people have such a

low standard for weird or 'insane'....

i thought that shit was pretty chill.

Originally posted by brown twinkie:

heh....get down with your bad self tess http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//tongue.gif'>

i like them,chris cunningham is a real talent, but they* aren't that weird....

not enough to be banned in my op anyhow.

*he

!! Maybe it's just Chris Cunningham who's weird and not AFX!.. hmm.

(http://director-file.com/cunningham/)

....ok so ive only heard a couple of songs, so im psyched...im currently just taking the whole files through my t1 at work!...gotta love it...anyway, what exactly is this? is it a new album?....sorry like i said i dont really know anything about em....but i guess i will shortly....and best of all props to you for sharing FTP sites!!!!!!

rOe

Guest rules for mules
Originally posted by DIBS:

just got the new afx single(aphex twin)on his new label called men records.its an off shoot of reflex,anyways 3 tracks in a white sleeve,and very very good.the album should be awesome judging from the 12 inch.

you shouldn't judge stuff before you've heard it. the single is acutally two remixes, one a 808 state song and another one by some early eighties house dj (the name slips me), not orginal aphex twin track (hence the title - two remixies by afx)..

also, sire is going to be carrying druqks in the us.

there is a new site up - drukqs.net

Originally posted by mental invalid:

i should make a tape for you roe.

yah yah yah yah yah....lets trade, hmm, i know what i can give you...and ill give you one guess...haha...

cosmos06776@yahoo.com is you want, lemme know..

on a side note-how did the glueing of the metal 'sculptures' go?

i'm emailing you right now....details included.

....ok so ive only heard a couple of songs, so im psyched...im currently just taking the whole files through my t1 at work!...gotta love it...anyway, what exactly is this? is it a new album?....sorry like i said i dont really know anything about em....but i guess i will shortly....and best of all props to you for sharing FTP sites!!!!!!

rOe

Aphex Twin.. what can you say.. the man's a living legend.. You can try Warpartists at http://www.warprecords.com and choose the sickly yellow colour for more info..

Basically Drukqs is his first album in 5 or so years... and alot of people are getting really psyched about it..

Oh and I seem to remember Aphex Twin and others were a big influence to Thom Yorke in the run up to Kid A..

Originally posted by brown twinkie:

pulk: um.....i don't really know what you're trying to tell me......B]

I take pride in my obscurity.. I would elaborate on my comments but right now I'm too tired............

Originally posted by pulk:

I take pride in my obscurity.. I would elaborate on my comments but right now I'm too tired............

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//rolleyes.gif'>i'm still not sure what you're saying....are you trying to big up yourself as a real underground head cuz you listen to aphex and you jock warp all the time???????? or......

just trying to figure out if its coming from the heart or if you're one of those

elitist idm herbs....

i'd be interested in hearing what other stuff you've searched out(besides warp, rephlex, skam and planet mu), if any....

[bpulk....whose thom yorke?....thanks for the link![/b]

He's the Radiohead singer/front man.. I thought you were an RH fan.. maybe I confused you for another person..

brown twinkie - sometimes people find me kind of weird, and I don't really mind... I wasn't trying to big up myself... sometimes I'm unintentionally obscure..

basically, Chris Cunnigham has done some videos and record sleeves for The Aphex Twin, and that's most why people think that he's slightly mad.. but maybe it's not Aphex who's weird but the Chris Cunningham, who actually got all the ideas..

oh and I hope I don't come across as an elitist IDM fan.. I think it's from the heart http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

Guest rules for mules

chris cunnigham has directed a ton of really good videos, my favorite being bjork's 'all is full of love'.

all of you that has gnutella or any other type of file sharing service should look up 'flex' by aphex twin. it's a soundtrack that was put to a gallery opening by chris cunningham. really quite interesting.

Guest please.die

i've always wanted to get more into aphex twin but never knew where to start. When it comes to this style of music I'm out of my league.

anyone looking to help out and make me a tape can email..

......DAM INDESCIPHERABLE INTERNET SARCASM.....foiled again!!!

sorry pulk, im well aware who thom yorke, i just thought it was a given that i was a rh junkie...anyway im currently downloading some great shit...wohoo!...by the way the aphex rocks....thanks again!!!!....

edit to help pleaseDie...just paste that addie in your browser then open the folder slect of the files, right click, 'save as' and bang put em where you know they are...hoped it helped....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 08-30-2001).]

Originally posted by rules for mules:

chris cunnigham has directed a ton of really good videos, my favorite being bjork's 'all is full of love'.

that video is the best thing i've seen by him easily....dope tune also.

pulk: you're not coming off obscure, maybe vague...and/or...warp and aphex is hardly obsure either if thats what you're hinting at......i'm well read when it comes to these guys as well, its all opinion, but i've never found either of them 'weird'.....childish maybe..........

Archived