apathy:music

A Fire Inside

i am stuck in this horrible rut lately where all music, no matter what it is or how much the band rocks me, it just does nothing for me.

i don't think it's a matter of checking out new bands (in that genre or any other) it's just a lack of...anything.

does this ever happen to you?

i need a remedy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

posi core. apple core. punk rock. fraggle rock.

90% of the cds i own i dont listen to anymore. thanks to kazza i can make a mix cd, listen to it 100 times till im tired of all those songs, and then forget about it.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

the first thing you want to do is stop listening to afi, because they suck ass dude. second, go download or buy some murder city devils. then after you do that, get some pere ubu. then get some black flag. then be happy.

THEN delete all that murder city devils because theyre shit, then that other shit peire uber or twat ever, black flag ill say ok to.

After purging your system of all that shit, listen to some Ramallah, The Promise, download some Figure Four, and remember I hate fat kids with mohawks who cant dance worth shit.

Originally posted by Glik0

refer to the top 5 household masturbation lubes thread.

no doubt, i'm always tryin' new things now! that thread's become my bible

catharsis...

a : purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear) primarily through art b : a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension

a dope word, and a dope band... seriously whenever i get burnt out on music, catharsis starts the wheels movin again...

Guest im not witty

catharsis is alright sometimes.

vinyl- are you familiar with zegota. i dont think they are tooo popular so maybe not. but they are an amazing band.

i personally don't like zegota all that much. they played my friends basement and didnt really impress me. Catharsis, on the other hand, blew my mind when they played the same basement. Crazy kids.

lately i have been religiously listening to:

ASSUCK- MISERY INDEX CD

BG- THE AND THATS WHAT IM HERE TO DO 7"

BURNED UP BLED DRY- CLONED SLAVES FOR SLAVES 7"

PG.99- some burned shit.

and thats that.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

the first thing you want to do is stop listening to afi, because they suck ass dude. second, go download or buy some murder city devils. then after you do that, get some pere ubu. then get some black flag. then be happy.

i rarely listen to afi... forget about mcd and pere ubu...

but maybe i'll dust off my black flag cd

for now fugazi is doing a little something for me i guess.:o

Originally posted by A Fire Inside

i rarely listen to afi... forget about mcd and pere ubu...

but maybe i'll dust off my black flag cd

for now fugazi is doing a little something for me i guess.:o

I listened to Black Flag on my way to work this morning. :)

You can't go wrong with Bjork (all the remixes), give her a try?

wow, i stop visiting this page and X LIFERS X gains a member. har har har. woot.

i hear ya AFI. that's a. why i'm in a band who sounds like adamantium kinda b. listening to every genre out there that produces non-shit on occasion. c. i listen to "O Fortuna" performed by BOTCH. sooooooooo sick. check it out. and d. why i take breaks from music. i'll avoid music entirely for weeks at at time. or specific genres, or whatever, during that time i'll delve into visual art more or literature. its not the same, but its good for the mind all the same. anyways, as soon as our demo is out i'll make sure to get you a copy.

Archived