1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

aNYthing

Discussion in 'Style' started by misteraven, Jan 7, 2005.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

aNYthing

Discussion started by misteraven - Jan 7, 2005

misteraven - Rank: Administrator - Messages:
  2. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

misteraven - Replied Jan 7, 2005

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. My Pal the Crook

My Pal the Crook New Jack

My Pal the Crook - Replied Jan 7, 2005

Pretty much... they fall under that rather large (and still growing) umbrella.

But they always have a few hot shirts each season, but a few duds as well. Still one of my faves though!

My Pal the Crook - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Jan 7, 2005

holy christ is that shit homo.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Manifesto

Manifesto 12oz Junior Member

Manifesto - Replied Jan 7, 2005

its run by A-ron the puerto rican jew
    he started this shit when kid america first started i believe.

as far as a supreme goes...
    he used to work there for numerous years. so yeah.

Manifesto - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  6. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

The Hipster - Replied Jan 7, 2005

bastard child of supreme?

hahahah.

i seen you started to plunnder rakuten.co.jp/essense where am i going to get all my images fron now?

fresh thread

The Hipster - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

The Hipster - Replied Jan 7, 2005

8. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

Yeah, I know it's Aron's gig and not Supreme officially, but clearly there's a lineage seeing as how he was bred out of the 'world famous supreme team'.

I just wanted to use 'bastard' in my title somehow.

9. My Pal the Crook

My Pal the Crook New Jack

My Pal the Crook - Replied Jan 7, 2005

Raven, I'm pretty sure the linbe is financed by Supreme and Union or whatever parent companies they have. It's his gig, but I think he just does the creative end.

also the website you posted doesn't work... the only site i ever knew for them is

www.anything.splay.com

My Pal the Crook - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

weird. it used to work, cause i have it bookmarked.

11. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

The Hipster - Replied Dec 15, 2005

[​IMG]
    When it comes to "street culture," you don't need to look further than A-ron the Don aka Downtown Don aka Browntown Ron aka... nevermind.

For years, A-ron was the "face" of Supreme, but ventured off to build aNYthing (A NEW YORK THING), his own brand and creative outlet. aNYthing reflects A-ron's pride in his city, and appropriately, the Don has just added to NYC's character by opening the aNYthing store, and launching a unique website. You'll be hard-pressed to find another A-ron interview, so take what you can. While supplies last...

A-ron: Go ahead, set it off.

The Hundreds: Word? You set?

A-ron: Let’s just start and see what happens.

TH: Haha OK.

A-ron: So I’m launching my site tonight at midnight.

TH: What's it all about?

A-ron: Midnight, the ball drops. New year, new wave.

TH: Why'd you decide to make a website? You purposefully stayed away from that for a while…

A-ron: I never said that! I come from a camp that was all word-of-mouth, it’s tough trying to build a brand and then a site which is a whole other project… It evolved to it, we did the Kid America site 5 yrs ago and now it’s my turn. Plus, the net is evolving everyday, who knows… but there’s some shit missing in my eyes… The internet is hyped, hundreds of brilliant people on it, everybody slams on the internet, all cool hunted being so high.

TH: What do you think it’s gonna do for our culture though? Especially someone like you, who has been a founding father of street culture… it’s gone from streets to screens. Do you think that’s gonna change things?

A-ron: In Los Angeles - one of the brick layers of street style - i like to think - is Paul Takahashi. We see the effect of the internet so we kind of got an idea where it’s going. So let’s experience as we go, and it goes… It already has changed things. I own a DVD shop...

TH: What?

A-ron: It opens Monday... plus, I do a movie party once a month with a lot of young directors, video artists,…

TH: You're really into film…

A-ron: I’m not really a movie head, don’t see much, got no knowledge of it, but experiences. I do love a camera -- the power to create full on. I love when friends make productions. These days you could make a blockbuster hit while taking a shit. “Blockbuster hit� might be different in my eyes than what people expect! You make a video and complete it, that’s a skill and if it’s actually good, I’m psyched. Raising the BAR.

TH: Hahaha word... Alright we kinda jumped right into things, but for everyone out the loop, tell us your name, where you're from, and what you would say it is that you DO.

A-ron: Aaron Bondaroff. A-ron…dirty rotten… to Downtown Don. That name started in Junior High and followed me and grew up as I did. What I do… acting natural, this is all I know. What I do, I think some kids go to college and get titles for certain things they learn. I do it as instinct. You tell me what I do, I want to hear it from you.

TH: Hahaha. The general overview? You are A-ron the Don. You are the creative genius behind the aNYthing brand. For years, you were the unofficial face of Supreme. You are New York. You are Puerto Rican and Jewish. And you are about to unleash the aNYthing store onto the world. How's that?

A-ron: Good enough...

TH: Why make clothes? Why do you do it?

A-ron: I still don’t believe I make clothes. I’m just having fun with my friends snapping. I can’t front like I’m a designer. I know some talented designers though -- I like hanging out with them, maybe they will do something for me. Let me ask… hold on... Dope, they said they were down, it’s on now!

TH: Hahaha…Now tell us about the aNYthing store.

A-ron: aNYthing store: a day club, a "venue" so important for growth. I have a knowledge of stores in NYC since the late eighties, I know what drew me to the city as youngster, the excitement, the hidden treasures all bright-eyed discovering stores, scenes, looks… I want to bring that feeling back... I take elements of retail history in NY and combine and weave out the fuller, and direct on the gems... I create a house, a completive one, but when you are competing with your own team, you rise, I rise, it’s positive.

TH: Word...

A-ron: NY is a nightlife town, you know… a lot of people there for late night antics, party style, but don’t realize we all are creative people. And we actually do complete things, so now I made a home for all the derils, the Gangstore.

TH: What are you gonna carry in the shop? Or is it more a place just to kick it?

A-ron: I’m into hard good these days. Mix CD's, albums, 7inch, 12inches, wax, ‘zines, books, vintage and now, DVD, videos. Stuff that inspires us to be who we are, try to educate people on how important your timeline is, and keeping the tradition of our city by adding on to its time line. But of course the classic street style, the new vintage, like early 90's… There are so many different elements, just sit tight… by the time this airs, the shop will be open.

TH: Dope. It's a different type of store. A lifestyle store. That's how I've always wanted to make our store if we ever made one, just because our life isn't just about t-shirts and clothes. It's about all this other stuff creative people are into. So tell me about New York right now. Stash has that whole "I miss the Old New York" thing goin'... Do you feel the same way?

A-ron: Ha, funny you say that, I originally liked that campaign but was just saying to myself the other day when I seen a flyer for a party, that slogan is kind of negative… NY definitely has been on the decline in the past 10 years… even more. It ain’t what it was, lost a lot of edge, but I am about the genre I call NOW. I love my life. I ain’t turning my back on this city yet, there are a lot of talented artists creating. I am all about the timeline: 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s… NOW. My circle is heavily involved with the times now… the flyer was even for one of my parties that I started so it was a NOW event with a THEN slogan... the Project Dragon, Recon, Nort crew got a new shop, check it out! They play a part and are still adding to the city’s timeline...

TH: So what else? What do you think the readers wanna hear about?

A-ron: You’re the reader so you tell me.

TH: Wanna talk about your history with Supreme?

A-ron: I know you do!

TH: Ha. I don't, to tell you the truth. But I know the kids out there are curious as to that aspect of A-ron…

A-ron: Niggas know.

TH: Cool. Any last requests?

A-ron: "As I raise the bar, you guys fail the bar".... aNYthing x hundreds collabo. That’s the title.

TH: Haha… I hate you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.thehundreds.com

12. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

13. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

again thehundreds.com with photos off the new shop!

14. The Hipster

The Hipster 12oz Member

15. WHOWHAT

WHOWHAT Guest

WHOWHAT - Replied Feb 5, 2006

ANYTHING