Anything good goin on in NYC this weekend?

Guest Are2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah also seen and ces are having a gallery show, check out art crimes

i read an article about the whitney show in newsweek and sundays NYT....the times fucking hammered it, but its drawing alot of attention and should be worth checking out...

also check NYT website, its free to sign up

and ticket bastard to search events

im going in saturday to goto the white stripes show at bowery ballroom, shit is sold out, but im in there like swimwear....:idea:

Today is the first day of the Free Biennial

Here is the Free Biennial listings for this weekend:

(If you are still in the city on Sunday, I'm the one responsible for the Harlem River Rental project listed below)

Friday, APRIL 5

Glowlab Collective, OPEN LAB [01], Opening reception & party for the inaugural exhibition of this Brooklyn-based but internationally connected group of artists & musicians, 6-9PM 75 Roebling St, Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Magdalen Pierrakos & Istvan Szilasi, FEAR OF EMPTY SPACE, VS., a studio show of installation and video. Friday April 5th, Saturday April 6th, and Sunday April 7th during the hours of 3 to 6 p.m. Opening reception, Friday the 5th from 6 to 9 p.m. Istvan Szilasi's studio located at: 702 E.5th St Ground Floor

Constant, SNACKONART, a half hour of video art on public access TV, broadcast schedule: MNN-TV in Manhattan, April 3 & 17 11:30PM (Channel 34 or 107 bi-weekly), April 4 & 18 at 8:00PM (Channel 57 or 109 bi-weekly), BCAT-TV in Brooklyn, April 5, 12, 19, 26 10:00 PM (channel 34 or 67).

Saturday, APRIL 6

Lisa Rodasta, SET: 500 GOALS, Lisa Rodasta’s performance piece involves kicking a ball against the outer walls of Chelsea galleries, 12PM-5PM, Chelsea Gallery district between 20th & 25th streets, 10th to 11th Avenues.

Deric Carner, GENERIC FUN ICON DISTRIBUTION PERFORMANCE, A wheel-less-barrow making its way from the Martha Stewart Omnimedia headquarters (601 W. 26th St) to the Astor Place K-Mart. Begins at 1PM in front of 601 W. 26th St.

FREE ART TABLE, dispensing free art and information about the Free Biennial, 22st St between 10th-11th avenues 12PM-3PM

Magdalen Pierrakos & Istvan Szilasi, FEAR OF EMPTY SPACE, VS., a studio show of installation and video. Friday April 5th, Saturday April 6th, and Sunday April 7th during the hours of 3 to 6 p.m. Opening reception, Friday the 5th from 6 to 9 p.m. Istvan Szilasi's studio located at: 702 E.5th St Ground Floor.

Rocky Kagoshima, TORA, TORA, TORA, dyptich paintings, shown every Saturday & Sunday, between 10AM to dusk. West Broadway, between Spring and Broome Street. Next to the telephone box.

Sunday, APRIL 7

Michael Konrad, HARLEM RIVER RENTAL, own the river for 20 minutes by filling a parking meter that drops quarters in the water. An initial supply of quarters will be provided. Pier 107 at East 107th St. and the Harlem River. The sculpture will be on the railing near the beginning of the pier. on view April 7 and it will last an indefinite amount of time. (This project is subject to impermanance and could possibly be removed at any time.)

Magdalen Pierrakos & Istvan Szilasi, FEAR OF EMPTY SPACE, VS., a studio show of installation and video. Friday April 5th, Saturday April 6th, and Sunday April 7th during the hours of 3 to 6 p.m. Opening reception, Friday the 5th from 6 to 9 p.m. Istvan Szilasi's studio located at: 702 E.5th St Ground Floor

Rocky Kagoshima, TORA, TORA, TORA, dyptich paintings, shown every Saturday & Sunday, between 10AM to dusk. West Broadway, between Spring and Broome Street. Next to the telephone box.

Guest Pilau Hands

KAST, i missed the biennial thread the first time around, but bumped it about a month ago. I wanted to know your project. It sounds good man...warms my blood chestal area.

Are2, this is a list of thngs i'd get done this weekend if all were posible for me.

thingstodo.jpg

NYONYA: best Malaysian food I've ever had.

(between Mulberry and Mott St)

194 Grand Street

New York, NY.

(212) 334-3669

possibly busy on the weekends but well worth the wait.

call ahead.

i suggest the Pearl Fried Noodles

they'll melt your underpants.

lychee and watermelon drinks

oh i should also mention...cheap!

about 5-7 bucks a plate.

Guest Pilau Hands

The Easter Island exhibit should be ballin' out of control. They actually have a moai (the giant heads carved out of volcanic rock) as you enter the exhibit.

The Darger Collection:

As far as I can remember, no one knew this man had a body of work, let alone that he was an artist at all. I think his landlord discovered all the art after Mr. Darger passed away. His landlord, a photographer, found a 19,000 page, 12 volume tome and hundreds of watercolors that were illustrations for the book. sounds fun.

I want to check out the Children's Musem because they have many exhibits going on at the same time. One of them being an exhibition of the man responsible for Where The Wild Things Are.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by fr8oholic

san loco

second ave

between 7th and 8th

-you can't miss the marquee

nor can you miss the shits you after eating there. uhhhhh, i think i just farted some more of that. good as shit though. beans and rice are a must have.

Archived