Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

anyone worked at a thrift store before?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Bloc131, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

there is a really good thrift store within walking distance from my house. pretty cool people wokr there, etc.

they're hiring 'clothes sorters'. is this a decent job? if it's halfway decent, i'll take it. i need a job pretty badly.

2. sludgenuts

sludgenuts Member

i know some people who have worked at them, they didnt complain much. but i know alot of them wont hire you unless you have previous working expierence.

3. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

i have a bit of working experience. i can get in for sure

4. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

YOU'RE POOR!!!

5. The Dude

The Dude Elite Member

i have worked at a thrift store before, lots of hot girls used to frequent the place, also lots of shitbags. i remember once it reeked of piss for a few hours when i was working there in the summer, and we looked all around for where it was, and this one ex-chola broad i was working with picked up a vase and spilled the reeking piss all down her arms, i had to laugh at her dumb ass for 5 minutes, then i laughed some more. being a clothes sorter is kinda cool i guess, dig thru the pockets of complete strangers dontaed clothing and take their money and whatever else they forgot they forgot, fun times...

6. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

holy shit l33t.

also, yes i'm broke. BUT I DONT PAY RENT SO SUGGIT.

free rent cru

7. Gunm

Gunm Banned

They're pretty easy to shoplift from.

Style for Less-Vintage by the Pound in SF is the bomb but they go through periods where they don't have a goddamn thing I want. But I scored some great shirts from there that those pricks at Wasteland on haight would ask $45 for.

Wasteland is such a fucking scam. Asking me to pay $65 for an 83 Iron maiden tour shirt. I'll just go to some hick garage sale for a mountain of those.

Interesting note: I once went to a thrift store and on the shelf was one of those strategy board games entitled Axis And Allies. On the box they showed the flags of all the involved powers during WW2 included the Axis Flag of the Nazi's complete with swastika. In todays P.C. driven climate, you'd NEVER see that on some kids toy.

8. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

very interesting. and yea on Haight street or whaever.. RIDICULOUS THRIFT STORE PRICES!

i'm in santa cruz <3

9. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

I think theres a rule if you want to work cash you have to be a hot emo girl. or maybe thats just my local spot. 4 cashiers on sunday. all hot emo girls. it was like the twilight zone. they all fit the stereotype.

10. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

did you stuff your penis in their vaginas?

11. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

My area too...I think it's a requirment.

12. Bloc131

Bloc131 Member

i'll be sorting clothes

13. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Seriously, this is true fact. All the thrift stores you go to where all the decent used clothing is at, there are always HOT chicks there rocking the emo/heroin look. You also get dope looking punk chicks a lot in berkeley.

Seriously, when a cute girl is at the register or assisting me, I usually put money issues outta my head. It's the same thing with a cute bartender.

14. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

I used to work at the flea market.
    Selling ESPRIT pants to girls and guys alike.
    I made a grip of loot.

Thrift stores that sell high priced goods is an oxymoron.
    Anyone that shops there is...ding ding ding...a moron!
    Their are some lesser known thrift stores that sel things
    a thrift prices. We have one of those trendy 'upscale'
    thrift shops, its called Moon Zoomz...they sell old clothes
    at high prices...I dont get it.

:confused:

15. The Dude

The Dude Elite Member

i dont care, i dont wanna marry them, but you should take pics of them and start a hot thrift store broad thread....