Anyone who been on an airplane lately

SF1

I aint been on a plane in mad long, since before 9/11 and all the crazy security and such.

Does anyone know if the people shat scan my carry-on bag are gonna freak and think my cans are pipe bombs? Has anyone on here taken spraypaint cans on the plane with them?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SF1@Sep 10 2005, 03:39 AM

I aint been on a plane in mad long, since before 9/11 and all the crazy security and such.

Does anyone know if the people shat scan my carry-on bag are gonna freak and think my cans are pipe bombs? Has anyone on here taken spraypaint cans on the plane with them?

LOL, theyre not going to let you bring spraypaint on an plane....LOL

now, Boxcutters, Maybe

they will let you to an extent, well i dont know about american airlines, but ive had no problems flyng around europe and in canada with cans. but i put them in checked luggage. but a few friends have carried them on no problem. i brought about 25 cans home 2 weeks ago with no problems.

I wouldn't load them into carry-on. I don't know for sure about whether they are allowed and haven't tried to travel with them, but I don't think they would let you bring them into the cabin.

This an international flight or are you staying relatively local?

Why don't you check the airline's website and dig up the info? It may be a carrier specific policy. I am positive they will have a "do not bring" list on their page.

Not international, staying in the US. And I'm only going for a short trip so I'm not bringing much so I refuse to check my luggage being as I don't trust them not to fuck up and lose my shit. They have a habbit of doing that. I'll check the websight but somehow I doubt they even thought of spraypaint.

I know in Australia I flew domestically and had to declare that there were no aerosol cans, other than deodourants, contained within my luggage.

They were specific about spray cans on my travel documents, saying they were banned from flights. Not sure about whether the US would be the same, but I'm sure in this day and age it would be.

From the website...

Items prohibited from aircraft cabins:

The following items will not be allowed through the security checkpoint. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive. In addition to items specifically listed here other items that may be deemed to present a potential threat may also be prohibited.

Ammunition

Automatic weapons

Axes

Baseball bats

BB guns

Billy clubs

Blackjacks

Blasting caps

Bows and arrows

Box cutters

Brass knuckles

Bull whips

Cattle prods

Compressed air guns

Corkscrews

Cricket bats

Crow bars

Disabling chemicals or gases

Dog repellent spray

Dynamite

Fire extinguishers

Flare pistols

Golf clubs

Gun lighters

Gunpowder

Hammers

Hand grenades

Hatchets

Hockey sticks

Hunting knives

Ice axe/Ice pick

Knives (any length)

Kubatons

Large heavy tools (such as wrenches pliers etc.)

Mace

Martial arts devices

Meat cleavers

Metal scissors with pointed tips

Numchucks

Pellet guns

Pen knives

Pepper spray

Pistols

Plastic explosives

Pool cues

Portable power drills

Portable power saws

Razor blades (not in a cartridge)

Religious knives

Replica weapons

Revolvers

Rifles

Road flares

SCUBA knives

Sabers

Screwdrivers

Shot guns

Ski poles

Spear guns

Starter pistols

Straight razors

Stun guns/shocking devices

Swords

Tear gas

Throwing stars

Toy transformer robots (this toy forms a toy gun)

Toy weapons

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't think they woulda thought about listing spraypaint.

Thanks Mauler, I'm gonna take that into consideration. Maybe I should just go through the hassle of finding a Home Depot when I get there (but I'm not gonna have a car so that might be a pain in the ass).

But did anyone in America pull this off without any hassle?

^^^That is what I am thinking, too. Not 'no spraypaint' but no aerosol in general. I think it has something to do with the pressure, but I was second guessing myself and didn't mention it. Lower pressure from the altitude causes the internal pressure of the can to be greater than it can handle = multicolored luggage.

But isn't the entire plane pressurized?

Dude, I was on a plane tuesday, and ill be on a plane on 9.11 this sunday. Now, even before some weird shoe-bomb type shit, they wouldnt let you bring that shit on. Its all about the pressure. If the can is highly under pressure, and it enters an area that has low atmospheric pressure (like up there) the shit has potential to blow up. I dont think that it acutally would, but dumb ass ignorant people that check you bags arnt going to know better, and I dont think youll be able to get anything like that on the plane. I bet they'd even take your shaving cream.

i was actually asking this earlier this month. no one would give me a straight answer. i'm pretty sure you would not be able to carry it on, i wouldn't even try. and i don't think the checked in luggage is pressurized. if you really want to take it with you, call the air lines you are traveling with. they all have their own rules.

Originally posted by crackhouserocks+Sep 10 2005, 12:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crackhouserocks - Sep 10 2005, 12:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 9 2005, 10:22 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-crackhouserocks@Sep 10 2005, 12:15 AM

is are

didnt know the grammer police viewed these threads

[/b]

Sorry, "theillp" got me started on it. I learned to type when I was 12 and learned English years before that, so I have small seizures when I see native English speakers completely butchering the language.

Because of the laws of the universe, I probably made some kind of error in this post.

All sections of modern planes are pressurized. They do not allow pets to go where passengers go, and they are, in fact, stored under the plane with the luggage. If that section of the plane weren't pressurized, the pets would die at an altitude of 30,000 feet.

Now, it wouldn't be hard to rig up an explosive capable of blowing enough of a secion out of a pressurized plane at that altitude with a can of spraypaint and a cigarette lighter. Hell, you could cause it to explode with a flame and a prick on the side of the can, so they wont let you cary it on. Also, if for some reason, the cabin depressurizes, they would rather any items that are under pressure to explode on the luggage, not the passengers where there is more risk to injury.

Originally posted by Krakatau@Sep 10 2005, 04:26 AM

^^^That is what I am thinking, too. Not 'no spraypaint' but no aerosol in general. I think it has something to do with the pressure, but I was second guessing myself and didn't mention it. Lower pressure from the altitude causes the internal pressure of the can to be greater than it can handle = multicolored luggage.

But isn't the entire plane pressurized?

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't say it because i wasn't sure.