Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Anyone know anything about Audi's

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Some1, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

i looked at a 1995 S6 today low miles i guess its rare from the research i have done but what i want to know is there anything i should be worried about with audi's or anything. i havent heard anything bad about them but lemme hear some personal experiences...

thanks guys...

2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i almost bought an A4 instead of the car i have now. the car was so fun to drive but the amount of electrical components scared me (more stuff=more that can go wrong). i took it my mechanic and he pretty much told me that buying this car was going to be a very, very expensive move. the prices for parts are through the roof and apparently they tend to have quite a few problems. one thing to consider about luxury cars is that they are made for people with a fair amount of money. the $300 to $400 a month may not seem that bad but take into account the cost of part and upkeep and you can break yourself quickly. ive always found that going for the top of the line "average" car (jetta, accord, etc.) is the way to go. you still get lots of goodies without the $100 oil changes.

3. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

Yeah. Overall Audi's are good cars, but if shit fucks up you better have an arsenal of 100 dollar bills.

4. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

i think audis are cute, and i thought they were good cars til i was talking to some guy. two of his friends bought new ones, and, literally, around 20 things on at least one of the new cars broke in the first year, but luckily it was all under warranty still.

5. postmodernism

postmodernism Junior Member

Ive never heard of the S6. The S4 is a fine car. Audi and Volkswagen are owned by the same people. Volkswagen. Jetta and Audi. A4 are almost the same car. Inside and out. VW parts are expensive and the labor is Outrageous. I expect Audi would cost more. Althought, some parts may interchange making this cheaper for you. I would probably have my Audi serviced at a VW dealership. I almost want to get a job as a porter. Paid training and a valuable skill. Learn to fix cars myself.... parts for cost discount labor. Is it just me or does Heiniken suck? Aquired taste?

6. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

someone was telling me that heiniken deliberatley skunks their beer before shipping to the states. apparently that what "we" like...party stories aside, the fact remains that heiniken does in fact suck. another fact is that i drink it often and i dont know why.

7. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

Hey guys thanks alot for the input i basically had the same fears that you are all talking about. i think i am going to stick with my first choice which was the 00 maxima so hard to find a fucking 5 speed so i checked around found this audi but ill just continue my search for the max.

thanks again everyone

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

I drive a 1996 A4. Never had anything serious break down that I can remember although its getting a routine service right now.

Its good. Heineken sucks

9. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

I just want to add that new S4s are fucking awesome although fucking expensive.

10. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

Tirerod ends,controll arms an alingments......some times the dash can brunout.I drive a 2001 a4,it's been good to me so far but I got to get some things done to it.This winters been hard on it.I gotta get the tires rotated and a front end alignment and if she still wanders after that I'm going into the big bucks with tirerod ends etc etc.....

I will never drive another car Audis are the shit,fuck a bmw and a jag I drove everything you can think of before I desided to go with a4.

11. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser Junior Member

Audi's are dope cars, especially the S series, but they are not cheap to fix. I think it'd be safer to get the Maxima, but the Audi would get you more tail.

12. hopeizm

hopeizm Member

They are pretty good cars, engines are very reliable as long as t you treat them right and its not hard to work on them yourself (jap cars are a nightmare)....... best thing to do is get a hook up in europe to send you parts... although as the guy previously said they are the same as a vw

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

is it quatro?

if your choice is between an audi and a maxima, the fact that you even have to consider a maxima gives you your answer.
    audi's are good cars but anything ten years old is going to start having issues, which are going to cost money.
    get the maxima.

14. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

15. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member