anyone into jazz/hiphop bands?

obgenius

anyone heard of that soul/jazz/hip hop band soulive, they use to be under blue note? i think they use to tour with the roots. they did a cover of jimi hendrix's cross town traffic, which was pretty good. they also worked with chaka khan. anyone else heard of their stuff?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

On some messageboards, the off-topic general discussion area, in our case "Channel Zero" is made a pay-only area because of huge traffic, maybe costing $1.00 a month to post in. In these cases, many times users that are not willing to pay will try to start a post in an incorrect section in order to avoid paying money and have a general discussion about something for free.

12ozprophet doesn't charge and here people just do it because they're fucking illiterate.

But to answer your question, no, nobody on this gigantic graffiti messageboard likes jazz or hiphop, and none of them have ever heard of soulive.

Hip hop / Jazz , Isnt that the new Soda everybodys talking about? I think I remember Soulive from the eighties too. They sang "we are the world" , right?

Damn, you people are starting to rub off on me....I gotta find something more producive to do

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 2 2005, 03:40 AM

I SHOULD HAVE KNOW!!!!

"The officials said Dawood had gone there to meet his contacts in Taliban and ..."

Damn you, enemies of freedom!!!

Stereotype, You are way too busy riding my groceries.

I love how the internet gives you a safe place to talk your trash, because In the real world....well, I'll just say that you would most likely keep it movin, tough guy. Now lets just keep it like this. You don't say Jack to me , or in my direction, and I won't show up at your door, Ok?

thanks

Or you do say jack to him, and he won't show up at your door.

You could also insult his mother, and he still wouldn't show up at your door.

In fact, any action you can think of, you can go ahead and do, because he still isn't going to show up at your fucking door.

Calm down Mohammed, it was a joke. I'm fairly confident you don't actually have contacts with the taliban, you were telling everyone about Allah on here at the time. And your right, if I ever did meet you I wouldn't talk mad dope shit. I would give you a hug and tell you all about my lord and savior Jesus H. Christ, AKA J dawg.

HAHAHAHAHAHA....Ok, Anyway, there are 2 things I don't joke about...#1 my religion....to me God is not a joking matter...so you can clown me all you want, just don't use my religion or Muhammad or Allah or Islam in any way to clown me. It's disrespectful and I don't disrespect people and attack their religious beleifs disrespectfully next....My family , I love my family, I would protect them with my life and I don't care to joke about them either. Now I was joking with my misspelled word and somehow you felt as if it was a nice opening to disrespect my religion, If you want to joke with me , please stay away from those 2 topics. This is not a threat , just a friendly request, so we can continue to dislike eachother in a respectful manner.

thanks man,

Dawood

^^^^^STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT MAN!!!! THIS BEEF ISN'T FOR YOU!LEAVEE!!!HISSSS!!!

Daweezy- I originally wasn't making any comment about your religion. I did afterwards with the "Mohammed" comment, which I apologize for. If it makes you feel better you can call me Moses, or Batman. I agree, let's keep the mutual hatred at a respectful level.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 4 2005, 09:58 PM

^^^^^STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT MAN!!!! THIS BEEF ISN'T FOR YOU!LEAVEE!!!HISSSS!!!

Daweezy- I originally wasn't making any comment about your religion. I did afterwards with the "Mohammed" comment, which I apologize for. If it makes you feel better you can call me Moses, or Batman. I agree, let's keep the mutual hatred at a respectful level.

It wasn't the Muhammad comment that i was referring to , It was the Google link that contained expletatives about Allah etc. Any way

I'm glad we understand eachother and don't let our mutual dislike to sway us from being just. I don't get into mudslinging sessions in real life and I definately won't do it on the internet. I'm glad you respect my requests...So you can call me batman or teenage mutant ninja turtle or whatever, but ,I'm not the type who likes to transgress boundaries and begin to oppress people with my words.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 3 2005, 08:44 AM

Oh, missed the end of your post. Come to my house anytime, we solve our differences over a rousing game of hungry hungry hippo!! Or maybe I can call the FBI local branch and send you a welcome party. Either way it would be a splendid afternoon.

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO'S?!?!?!

Can I come?

PUHLEEEEEEEEZE? :innocent:

Originally posted by Dawood@Sep 4 2005, 05:39 PM

I'm not the type who likes to transgress boundaries and begin to oppress people with my words.

thats his gift... his talent, if you will. if he wasnt as incredibly schooled himself, and thus at schooling others, he'd have no reason to live, therefor, no reason to dedicate his trivial little existance to belittling others, and just kill himself already.

and i want in on the hungry-hungry hippo too... i got Stereotypes mom :innocent:

Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Sep 11 2005, 12:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Sep 11 2005, 12:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Stereotype V.001@Sep 3 2005, 08:44 AM

Oh, missed the end of your post. Come to my house anytime, we solve our differences over a rousing game of hungry hungry hippo!! Or maybe I can call the FBI local branch and send you a welcome party. Either way it would be a splendid afternoon.

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO'S?!?!?!

Can I come?

PUHLEEEEEEEEZE? :innocent:

[/b]

NEGATIVE!!

This game is between me and Dawoodington only. One extreme viewpoint verses another of equally arrogant and steadfast proportions. Mono y mono. An ode to those who have died before us, allowing us to spew our endless nonsense utilizing an anonymous outlet such as the modern proxy laden internet. A game where only one man can hold the victorious Hippopotamus. My Mt. Everest. My theory of relativity. I have trained for as long as I can recall, with a minimum of food, water, and sleep. There is only the game. I now prepare to venture out from this place of comfort, to an unforgiving world rank with opportunists and conniving bastards. I shall either thrive or perish.

Godspeed.