anyone else see that orange globe in the sky last nite?

mental invalid

....i dontknow if it has to do with the summer solstice, but i was watching the moon set last night and it became this ferocious orange....reflecting over the lake, creating a path to nowhere....and as it set it appeared bigger and bolder, and deeper in color....with the clouds reflecting orange....then i chilled with fireflies and grasshoppers and sat in the summer nite.....keep an eye in the sky gang...

my random weekend post...till monday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest PHYNE

it was probably just from the humidity in the air when the sun was setting it made a orange glow...but hey it couldve been a ufo lol:rolleyes:

yeah i seen it. very very nice going home at 3:30 am and seeing that in front of me the whole time.

also, on my way home, i was going by a middle school and there were papers all over the place....i took the time to look at some of these papers...very funny.

i found a piece of paper that said "Little Bow Wow" and another piece of paper that some kid tried to write the word "gay" in like 7 different ways. kids are fucking stupid.

nope at around 2 till 3:30 i was running from the cops for being at the illegal street races. and 1 thing god dam they run slow, most of the time i was runnin an lightin newports at the same time. way too eazy.

yeah perhaps it was the humidity, but my god it was beautiful. Last nite while the sky was turning that cobalt blue before night, the moon was full i think, and it was this pastel pink....shit like that just stops me dead in my tracks.....even when im feeling the upmost shitty, things like gigantic orange globes firing across a lake or pink moons against cobalt skies always give a nice dose of reality and the supreme wonderfulness of experiencing life as life....i also was eating a strawberry ice cream cone so life for 5 seconds just stopped....plus it helps make these cubicle hell days not so bad......keep looking....

roe

Guest beardo

rOe is 10x the hippie i could ever aspire to be...

i believe that type of moon is called a 'harvest moon' its closer to the earth at certain points through the year, which causes it to be larger and have the orange-ish color. at least thats how it was explained to my 10 year old mind way back when.

beardo we could snacked on chocolate bars and chased fireflies, painted way DL new england spots where we could sit on unused tracks in the sun and drink coors light, as well as gone to the bode fest...perhaps next round.....

dood you know the steez, original dead head.....what!!

i saw a flashing light in the sky last night and i thought it was a ufo. i started to panic and scream RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, THE ALIENS ARE COMING TO EAT OUR BRAINS AND DO EXPERIMENTS ON OUR FRAIL HUMAN BODIES!!!!!!!

turns out it was just a plane

Guest PHYNE

it mighta been a asteroid? i heard some shit on the news the other day about a asteroid coming like 75000 miles of earth ,that prolly woulda burned the sky...but it might be the moon fillijg with orange juice:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Guest Pilau Hands

Every full moon throughout the year has it's own distinct name. The Full Harvest moon is actually the full moon nearest the time of the September equinox. This year it will be on September 21st.

Tonight, June 24th, will be the Full Strawberry Moon. This name was universal to every Algonquin tribe. However, in Europe they called it the Rose Moon.

Roe, the good stories of your life sound like a volkswagen commercial with nick drake singing in the background.

.....ive been meaning to get some nick drake....

rose color moon eh?

by the way, awhile back you described a moon, which had some major significance for the crow indians...well about a week after that i found an social anthropological book on the crow indian in some crazy ass bookstore......its a super heavy read.......if i ever get done with it, its yours....being the anthro buff you are.......

i fully appreciate this thread and everything it has brought.

in the days of kristy and tease, this is a fresh reminder that there are intelligent people on 12oz.

harvest/strawberry moons always amaze me. they always catch me by surprise too, because i'll be driving, and in the distance, behind trees, it looks like the sun is setting, but its night. crazy crazy existence.

Archived