anyone else loving this Trent Lott fiasco??

mental invalid

personally, it couldnt happen to a nicer nazi piece of shit....its about time that fucking racist mississippi fuck got his fucking card pulled...im really just enjoying watching him squirm and kiss as much black ass as possible...the fucked up thing is that the republican party is not so upset as the statement as they are of the political ramifications....

but like i said its just great to see him fucking squirm.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word!!!

fucking finally the far-right gets called on their thinly veiled racism

about fucking time

but why couldn't this have happened before elections?

it prolly wouldn't have made a difference anyway

yeah...he's getting the shaft from everyone

reaping what he's sown

fucking asshole

Guest railroadjerk

Mark Shields: How dumb is Trent Lott?

By Mark Shields

Creators Syndicate

That is unarguable. We have no MRI on the purity or impurity of Lott's heart. But we know for sure that there is precious little in the man's head.

Just how dumb is Trent Lott? He asks us to forgive him for being mixed-up about the segregationist 1948 politics of Dixiecrat Thurmond, because then "I was only 7-years-old." But what about 1964, when Trent Lott was a 22-year-old graduate of Ole Miss -- where he had opposed the court-ordered admission of a single, qualified black Mississippian and nine-year Air force veteran, James Meredith -- a time about which Lott has admitted, "You could say I favored segregation"?

1964 was the year when 20 black churches in his home state were burned to the ground by white supremacists, some of whom -- in conspiracy with Mississippi law enforcement officials -- murdered Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwerner and James Chaney because they dared to help black Americans living in Mississippi fight for their constitutional rights. Was there even a nanosecond of doubt or introspection? If so, it did not stop Trent Lott from working tirelessly to become the protege of -- and, in 1972, at the age of 30, the successor to -- white supremacist Rep. William D. Colmer of Mississippi.

Did it ever unnerve young, ambitious Lott, before he began his 30 years in Congress, that his home state -- crippled by hate, mired in squalor and literally lawless -- was dead last among all 50 states when measured by literacy, education, crime, infant mortality, voter registration, wealth and availability of medical assistance? That one-third of his state's families lived below the poverty level; that one in four households lacked plumbing; that the average Mississippian had less than nine years of schooling? Could this be the idyllic Mississippi that historian Trent Lott believes would have been preserved from "all these problems over all these years" by a President Strom Thurmond?

Of course not. Trent Lott, superstar, was using the obvious and ugly shorthand of politics. Did he really think we did not know what he meant by "all these problems" (which he had used before in 1980, at the age of 38)? That the wink and the nudge to his good old boys meant enforced desegregation, federally guaranteed voting-rights and federal open-housing laws?

After he got to Congress, Lott opposed President Reagan and voted instead to end the federal government's commitment to guaranteeing voting rights of all citizens. He offered himself as a character witness for Bob Jones University in defense of its ban on interracial dating. Having served as chairman of his party's platform committee, Trent Lott -- then 42 -- announced to a Sons of the Confederacy meeting that "the spirit of Jefferson Davis lives in the 1984 Republican platform."

Lott either is so dumb that he believed all this garbage, or he believed that this garbage was what his "home boys" wanted to hear, or he believed that the rest of us were too dumb or disinterested to notice the games he was playing.

So slow is Trent Lott, today at the age of 61, that he needed a week of relentless, public criticism before he remembered to mention publicly that, largely because of "all these problems over all these years," his home state now has more black elected officials than any state in the union. Of course, because of the sub-species of politics Lott, among others, has practiced, of the 9,040 black elected officials in office in the United States today, exactly 50 of them ran and won as Republicans. Rhetorically, the GOP may be the party of Lincoln, but realistically, it remains the party of Trent Lott.

We now have further evidence of the manifold "mistakes of the mind" the limited Trent Lott has made. The question now before, not the House, but the Senate Republicans: Are they dumb enough to think the rest of us won't notice if they keep Trent Lott as their leader?

Guest socrates

The best part so far was when he was BET talking about how he has minority friends.......like his gardner, his maid, mis mechanic and his driver

Guest Catch22

Some more Racist facts about Lott:

In 1981, congress voted to extend the Voters Rights Act (Allow non-whites to vote) - Lott voted against it.

In 1983, Lott voted against making Martin Luther King Jr. a national holiday.

I was going to bring up his racist moves from the 50's-60's but I felt showing the more recent racist acts he did makes it harder for people to say "That was a long time ago....he's changed."

Guest Catch22

Oh, 1 other racist act I forgot to mention. This involves our president George W. Bush. In 2000, as a sign of support to conservative southerners, George W. held a rally at Bob Jones University. The thing is, Bob Jones University DOESN'T ALLOW INTERRACIAL DATING. Good one Dubya!

You can check out the rest of the Klansmen....uh I mean Republicans at

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101021223/

(click on G.O.P and Race under the Graphics section to see the timeline)

to be honest im somewhat taken aback by the firestorn it has caused...and its not like the dems are really trying to stoke the flames, rather they are letting them hang themselves....

i shit in my pants when he said he was now for affirm. action...hahahaha...that is such an unrepublican issue, that its almost democratic...

i just love seeing political train wrecks...

Guest socrates

Another good part of the BET interview was when he said he has discovered "new" information about MLK andwould vote to make it a holiday......what the fuck did he learn,

"ohhh that martin luther king jr., it thought you were referring to the other one"

Guest DATSTFC

Ah yes the double standard its ok for Jesse Jackson to make racist statements and The fat fuck Sharpton to do so but no one seems to care????

Guest socrates

Black people don't even listen to jesse jackson and al sharpton...when you think respect are those really the names of people that come up???

He's a senator and a leader and he goes and makes retarded comments and shit, what a fuckin dumbass

Guest DATSTFC

I think I was responding more to the way the media brings it up I know lott is a senator and it was an incredibly stupid thing to say but when I think media wise jackson and sharpton are bigger figures then Lott is and they have made many statements and no one really says shit about it especialy the media.

JULIAN BRANCH

CANADIAN PRESS

SASKATOON—A former leader of the Assembly of First Nations choked back tears yesterday as he apologized for saying the Nazis were justified in trying to rid the world of Jews.

"I am ashamed and truly sorry for my conduct," David Ahenakew told a news conference.

"I want to extend my most sincere apologies to the members of the Jewish community and to the Holocaust survivors and your families."

Ahenakew, chairman of the senate of the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations, said he is resigning from all his positions with the group. His move came amid a chorus of calls for him to step down from any and all positions in the group and countrywide condemnation of his words.

Wearing his Order of Canada pin on his lapel, Ahenakew said he was wrong not to apologize sooner for the comments.

"I have clearly embarrassed our people," he said.

"I admit my own stubbornness, my pigheadedness and my own personal embarrassment prevented me from coming forward immediately to do the right thing in light of what I have caused by such irresponsible and painful comments," he said.

What prompted Ahenakew to make his views public last week is unclear. He was scheduled to give a short speech welcoming participants to a federation conference on a new Health Canada policy requiring aboriginals to sign a consent form before receiving certain treatments.

During his welcome, Ahenakew began to talk about living in Germany during the late 1950s when he was in the Canadian army. He said the Germans told him the Jews started World War II and added Israel and the U.S. were about to start a third.

A Saskatoon StarPhoenix reporter approached Ahenakew afterwards, wanting to know what he was talking about.

The reporter asked him how he could explain the Holocaust.

"How do you get rid of a disease like that, that's going to take over, that's going to dominate?" he replied.

"The Jews damn near owned all of Germany prior to the war. That's how Hitler came in. He was going to make damn sure that the Jews didn't take over Germany or Europe.

"That's why he fried 6 million of those guys, you know. Jews would have owned the God damned world. And look what they're doing. They're killing people in Arab countries."

Yesterday, Ahenakew didn't explain his comments other than to say he had become carried away emotionally as he spoke about racial oppression. He promised to demonstrate in the future that he does not support racist views, but he did not take questions from reporters after his statement.

Keith Landy, national president of the Canadian Jewish Congress, called the apology a positive gesture but said the congress is going ahead with its request to the governor-general to strip him of his membership in the Order of Canada.

"This has come at great personal cost to him," Landy said yesterday. "He was a leader of some stature within the community and now has taken that step to resign. What he does from here on in will be up to him to determine.

"Because of the nature of how monstrous and odious his comments were in the first place, we need to have his actions speak louder than words and see in fact how he intends to follow through on this."

Perry Bellegarde, chief of the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations, said his members demanded that Ahenakew resign all affiliations with the group.

Bellegarde, who wasn't at the conference where Ahenakew made his comments, again apologized for Ahenakew's remarks and said they now want to work on fixing the damage he caused.

The group plans to establish a dialogue with the Jewish community, "possibly look at a memorandum of understanding, to make sure our communities can come together to talk and share, to make sure any racism, bigotry or animosity is laid to the side."

But a former communications manager for the federation said he wasn't surprised that Ahenakew held those views, only that he said them in public.

Ahenakew "was never very politically correct," said Doug Cuthand, who worked with Ahenakew in the 1970s.

"His attitudes towards not just the Jews, but other races and women were fairly backward."

Bellegarde said it wasn't true that federation officials knew Ahenakew held these views.

"That was the first time we've heard those statements on Friday, and many of us who know Mr. Ahenakew over the years were a little taken aback and surprised. That's not the Dave Ahenakew we know."

More aboriginal groups condemned Ahenakew yesterday and moved to distance themselves from him.

The Dene Nation said it has received many phone calls at its Yellowknife office expressing "disappointment and disgust" over Ahenakew's comments.

"We the Dene have always supported decolonization of oppressed peoples and have worked closely in the past with the Jewish community," the group said in a news release.

"We must speak out against racism and demonstrate that we are committed to the fundamental principles of human rights."

The Saskatchewan government has asked the RCMP to investigate possible hate charges.

But Alan Borovoy, general counsel of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, said it would be "foolish" to prosecute.

"In so many ways the community has already brought what a prosecution may provide. He has been condemned in the most unequivocal way right across the country...

"He's properly been removed from some positions of influence... That's enough. There's no need to go further."

http://www.thestar.com/images/021217ahenakew_david_250.jpg?'>

not sure how to make of jokers response....

but let me say this, for me this isnt a black or white thing...its a i hate trent lott thing....its not about bashing whitey or the deprived black man...its about a nazi who sings in a barber shop quartet with other nazis...i love it cause it happened to lott...the mans policies turn my stomach and watching him squirm brings me and my friends countless hours of laughter

as far DATSTFC comments, really you couldnt be more wrong in your reasoning...i understand where you are going but if you want to solidify your arguements you may not want use those two...why? easy, its not about being in the eye of the public....rather we are talking about the senate majority leader....he decides the republican agenda and sets policy for the nation as a whole, and as ya know they are currently the majority...al sharpton and jessie jackson are opinion leaders who voice their opinion and although they may envoke change through lighting fire under peoples asses, they do not set forth a national agenda...thats the catch

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

it's "great" when what people have suspected or known for years finally comes to the light

police brutality? what police brutality... BAM. rodney king video

racial profiling? whats that? no such thing exists... BAM. nj state troopers

racist, good ol boy poilitics and politicians? what are you talking about... BAM. trent lott

I like how all the ultra-conservative right has condemed him. They would rather listen to his screams as he's ripped to pieces than step into the line of fire and have their own backgrounds investigated.

t's like the end of the GodfatherII where Tom goes to the Army base and tells Pentangeli to slit his own wrists rather than be a Govt. witness.

TOM: It was once. Frankie -- when a plot against the Emperor failed -- the planners were always given a chance to let their families keep their fortunes.

PENTANGELI: Yea -- but only the rich guys TOM. The little guys -- they got knocked off and all their estates went to the Emperors. Unless they went home and uh, killed themselves -- then nothing happened. And their families -- their families were taken care of TOM.

TOM: That was a good break -- nice funeral.

PENTANGELI: Yea -- they went home -- and sat in a hot bath -- opened up their veins -- and bleed to death.. And sometimes had a little party before they did it.

TOM: Don't worry about anything Frankie Five Angles.

PENTANGELI: Thanks TOM -- thanks.

Originally posted by awkward eye

i just lost all the respect i ever had for you..now what if i was like i hate hispanic arrogant pieces of crap would that upset you???gawd like gag me with a spoon chico.

I'm pretty sure you're breaking J's heart... I'm sure he would be cool if you hated arrogant people as a whole, or segmented in any fashion you choose...

Do you think our Joker is the Mexican kid who writes Joker?

well loser i deleted the post before i knew anyone had replyed to it..got my card pulled???thats funny,i still feel the same way so kiss my ass...and yes ive been banned for making fun of philly hands cause somebody got mad and didnt like my views..you guys know how it works and that card pulling thing is just to funny.

Originally posted by awkward eye

ive been banned for making fun of philly hands cause somebody got mad and didnt like my views

No, you haven't... maybe you were/are to stupid to realize the real reason but it wasn't your opinion on Philly handstyles

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

it's "great" when what people have suspected or known for years finally comes to the light

police brutality? what police brutality... BAM. rodney king video

racial profiling? whats that? no such thing exists... BAM. nj state troopers

There coul not be a worse example to use in deaing with this case. Yes the cops went to far, but Rodney King is a fuckin doped up idiot who in reality made the first moves against the authority..not to mention that he was driving under the influence which could of led to him KILLING (which is much worse than BEATING) inocent people.

"I like how all the ultra-conservative right has condemed him. They would rather listen to his screams as he's ripped to pieces than step into the line of fire and have their own backgrounds investigated. "

As for this statement the conservative right wings should condem his racist ass...This isnt an issue of conservative, liberal, democratic or republican, it is an issue of misguidance, ignorance and realization. But if you think about it as long as anyone leads fairly than whose to say anything about there personal beliefs. Its when those personal beliefs start affecting the persons capabilities that make it a problem and in this case they definatley did.

Archived