Anybody ever save a persons life...

geezpot

Good samaritans or not some people have been faced with saving someones life. What's your gig?

I've had a couple but the one that stands out is this asian kid that went into a full arm leg seizure from playing the Simpson's stand-up video game and I was playing pinball a couple games over. The kid was out and had already bit his tongue and then swallowed it back, now his buddy is going into shock freaking out and shit that his friend is going to die. So I bitch slap the front (jk) I reach in and grab buddies tongue and start giving buddy CPR and explaining the proceedure to his buddy so that I can quickly call 911, with a major language barrier buddy continues doing a shabby CPR. The kid layed out came to and gobbed blood into his buddies mouth and that's why I didn't want to be the last person hovering over him and the buddy was to histerical to talk to 911. Finally 911 showed up but I already had the kid sitting up and drinking water the shock gave him major dry mouth. I told the kid to go to the hospital just because he fell pretty hard before going into a seizure and then I disappeared into the night....

GEEZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My neighbor Helen

I found her unconscious in her garage, she had a stroke on the way to her car. She busted her head open and broke her hip. I guess I'll never know if I saved her life but I'm pretty sure if she had regained consciousness standing up would not be an easy task for her because she was in her 80's. I checked for a pulse and whatnot, called 911 and just hung out until the cops got there.

She knit me a sweater that said "Helen's hero" for the good deed.

if its one thing i hate, its irresponsible parents. i mean, fuck teenagers and shit, they can handle their own business. I mean like.. the parents of four year olds and shit.

One time me and my girlfriend were on the way somewhere, and this little girl, like 3 or 4, wearing nothing but little underwear, so, i asked her where her parents were, adn where she lived, i guess he'd been holding it in, but she started wailing hysterically. it was terrible, i tell ya. so i went up to the house she was pointing at and i rang it, and told her to wait for the door to open, andi stood down at the bottom out of view, and made sure she got in and left. I wouldnt be able to look at the dumbass parents who would allow their little daughter to just end up outside like that. dumb fuckfuckss. fuckers.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i've had my life saved before. i was drowning in a pool, oddly enough surrounded by school counselors. i couldn't swim, drifted into the deep end, and started to inhale large amounts of water. luckily this kid larry i knew was older and swimming by, so he grabbed hold.

I once grabbed a random guy who was getting his ass beat by thirteen guys at a party back in the day, threw him in my car and tore out of there. He woulda been pulverized within an inch of his life had it not been for the heroics of LENS.

I found out a few years later he turned into a total piece of shit. Oh well.

Originally posted by Asickeronius

I'm about to save yours! You've only got 150 posts so log the fuck off and run for your life! GO NOW! Gooooooooooooooooooooooo.............

funny shit.

i caught my little sister as she started falling down the stairs once...

whatever. i fell down the stairs hella times as a kid and i didn't end up with any drain bamage.

Originally posted by geezpot

Good samaritans or not some people have been faced with saving someones life. What's your gig?

I've had a couple but the one that stands out is this asian kid that went into a full arm leg seizure from playing the Simpson's stand-up video game and I was playing pinball a couple games over. The kid was out and had already bit his tongue and then swallowed it back, now his buddy is going into shock freaking out and shit that his friend is going to die. So I bitch slap the front (jk) I reach in and grab buddies tongue and start giving buddy CPR and explaining the proceedure to his buddy so that I can quickly call 911, with a major language barrier buddy continues doing a shabby CPR. The kid layed out came to and gobbed blood into his buddies mouth and that's why I didn't want to be the last person hovering over him and the buddy was to histerical to talk to 911. Finally 911 showed up but I already had the kid sitting up and drinking water the shock gave him major dry mouth. I told the kid to go to the hospital just because he fell pretty hard before going into a seizure and then I disappeared into the night....

GEEZ

you are the biggest idiot ever!!!!!!! All you had to do was roll the dude onto his side so he his tongue didnt block his airway and phone for an ambulance... your lucky he didnt bite your fingers off when you stuck them in his mouth.... and why the hell did you give him CPR.... he was obviously still breathing otherwise he wouldnt be moving!!!! You are a tool!!!!!!! and thats all ive got to say!

I saved a kitten’s life a while back. It was chasing a piece of paper onto the road, and my buddy was looking at me, talking to me. I I grabbed the steering wheel and almost ran us into a bus.

I saved this junkie girl from oncoming traffic a couple of times. There’s more.

Re: Re: Anybody ever save a persons life...

Originally posted by lost_case

you are the biggest idiot ever!!!!!!! All you had to do was roll the dude onto his side so he his tongue didnt block his airway and phone for an ambulance... your lucky he didnt bite your fingers off when you stuck them in his mouth.... and why the hell did you give him CPR.... he was obviously still breathing otherwise he wouldnt be moving!!!! You are a tool!!!!!!! and thats all ive got to say!

You should seriously read my post again, I may not have been clear but the kid had a full 4 point seizure and had bit his tongue and was out. No movement, no breathing. I have level 2 first aid and level 1 firefighters training and turning the kid on his side would have done nothing. The kid was out cold and after the wack to the head from falling from a bar stool the last thing you want to do is move his neck and roll the fucker over, especially after the major siezure he just had. It would be obvious that you are one of those retards that likes to slow down to stare at car accidents and never is willing to help anyone and after that advice I wouldn't want your help. You'd probably put more people in wheelchairs and the only credit you get is the satisfaction of telling your friends that you're responsible for JoeBlow being able to park extra close to the supermarket. How fitting that your name is lost_case.:lol:

GEEZ

my moms ex boyfriend the 40pounder+gravol drinking ex businessman.

one day i drop in to say hi and buddy is hallucinating and going on about how the kids at the bus stop outside of the window are throwing shit at the house (the house doesn't face a street).

So i call the paramedics and it turns out that he was soon to OD and was so malnurished from drinking and pills that he was in the hospital for 2 months recovering.

my mom has a balance disorder. one day she was at the top of the stairs and fell down and split her head open and was bleeding for an hour before i found her. First aid and an ambulace were in order. would have bled to death.

I pulled some crackhead off the railway tracks, after he'd wandered off the edge of the platform because he was so high. The guy had knocked himself out and was bleeding and all that. So after a minute or two the fella comes around, starts shouting and shit and telling everyone who was trying to help him to leave him alone, then he gets up, and does it again. The stupid fuck. If it had been up to me, I'd have left him there, and taken pictures as the train rolled over him. But someone else got down on the tracks and pulled him off the second time, all the trains got cancelled, and I had to fork out £20 on a taxi in to town.

my life was saved my a starnger when i was a kid. my family had gone to windsor castle as a day out and me being me decided to throw myself off of the turrets, a good 30 feet high.

turns out some american lady was watching me and grabbed my leg as i went over...

Guest imported_b0b

We were travelling on a ferry across the English Channel and my companion steps outside onto the deck for some fresh air. Looking at the sea he notices something in the water. Not believing his eyes, he asks the only other person out there if the coloured blob in the water was what he thought it was. The other guy has a look and confirms that it was a man in a white tee shirt happily treading water in the middle of the sea. He wasn;t distressed or waving or anything, just treading water. My companion runs off, tells the first staff member he sees and they take him upt to the bridge. The captian is asking him "are you sure it was someone?" and wanting to be absolute certain and my companion was postive about what he had seen. So the captain radios the life guard helicopter and puts the ferry into a circle round where the guy was. Bear in mind this ferry is massive and the circle it is doing is several miles across. Infact the first I knew of all this was when the ferry lurched to one side to begin the circling. Anyway the whole time my friend is up in the bridge keeping track of what is happening. After 10 minutes the coast guards radio in saying they picked up some drunken merchant seaman who was so drunk he fell off a nearby oil tanker and they assumed that was the guy my friend had seen. Everyone thought it was all done and dusted, when they mentioned he had an orange safety jacket on. My friend was like "that isn;t him.. He had a white tee shirt on". The coast guards were saying to have two people overboard int he same bit of sea is exceedingly rare and thought my friend was wrong. In the end the captian persuaded them to do another 5 minutes of searching. They went back out in their helicopter and after 4 minutes found the guy my friend had seen, except by this time he was naked! Turns out he was a waiter on a ferry going the other way and had lost it and decided to die at sea. In the end my friend saved two lives by spotting the first guy and that meant the drunk guy got found by accident.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Jackson

If you give someone CPR when they are NOT dead, it can kill them... Apparently.

If you do it properly you end up breaking their ribs and the like. It isn;t some little pansy pumps on their chest. It is proper pounding away