any use accutane?

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i had a mild case of acne a couple years ago..when i was about 14...and i tried out accutane because all the bullshit creams my dermatologist was giving me sucked ass..

it was cool, shit actually worked, thankfully i didnt get liver cancer or anything..it's cool...the only thing that sucks about it is that you need to get blood drawn every two weeks

i had a pretty severe case of acne...i tried retin-a, but that didnt work...the doc told me of acutane, and i hit the shit up...i took it for 3 months....had to give blood every 2 weeks to make sure i didnt develop any possible liver damage as a side effect....my skin dried out...i had to use tons of chapstick, ...and my nose bled....alot...in fact i ended up having to put vaseline in my nose to curve the bleeding a little....and yes. vaseline in the nose is nasty as all get out....as annoying as is was to be dried up, it pretty much cured my acne....expensive drug too....

I did the accutane thing

WHAT A FUCKING HASSLE

blood test after blood test after dr.appt.

comes to a point where you just gotta let nature take its course, that shit was wack. I was a moody little bitch. and I still came out of it with scars on my face.

Guest MR BOJANGLES

dony use thaT shit its really bad for you. come on, look at the package and read the details. acne goes away over time. i had it bad as a kid, i stopped usin all that mess...and it went away by the time i was 21! just in time to drink!

i had 2 friends on it. i should have been one it too but my dr. wouldnt give it to me cuz of the side effects. im on minocycline and use triaz at the moment. pretty much cleared up-lil blemish once in a while. now i just need something to take the scars off my face but am black and asian-2 worst skin types to do abrasion or anything on.

u guys had it rough.........i used it back in school and it made a difference but i had to get blood drawn like every six months and only my lips peeled a bit and fingers..........i still got acne but i just dont care anymore.......it'll go away eventually

i dont use it, dont have to....but its under investigation from the fda already and 147 people have attempted or commited suicide in the 18 yrs since its introduction...its fucks with your central nervous sytem is what the experts were saying...maybe not enuff to fly a plain in a building but certain stats shouldnt be ignored...r

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch804

yeah i just got put on it the other day. im willing to go through the chaped lips and dry skin and all not to see my skin look like shit everyday. im only two days into it and i feel fine but i'll see what happends in the months to come.

i wouldnt be too worried....the shit cured me....my sister is 21 and she still got the acne because she didnt want to take it (runs in family, my dad had acne till he was in his mid 20's)....its understandable for girls though, since it causes birth defects while youre on it....the only side effects i had was extremely dried skin, chap lips, and a bloody nose here and there...i think the severe side effects, like depression and suicidal tendancies, as well as severe liver damage are rare....

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont know it but it sounds like some heavy medication. Dont forget that drug run a long time in your organisation and may cause problems thats may appear sometime later.

...I bet your farts smell like shit 10 times than they used to when you're on that shit

Originally posted by Tesseract

...I bet your farts smell like shit 10 times than they used to when you're on that shit

HAHA

yo crunch, i dont know if you know or if your doctor told you or not, but accutana is vitamin A, so dont take any vitamin supplements, and uhh...oh yeah, i remember now...accutane first pushes all that dirt and shit out ...making your acne a little worser, after that, it will slowly disappear

accutane cures ACNE. acne does not just go away with time. skin breakouts go away. but acne is something that sticks w/ people for the majority of their lives. accutane works by forcing toxins out of yr body, so like swif said, it makes yr acne a little worse at first, but after that its goes down drammatically. unfourtanately for me i went on it when i was too young and the doctor kept fucking up my blood tests, so he took me off it, put me on again, took me off blah blah and eventually the shit worked, but wasnt very permanent, although now(2 years later) my acne has gone down a lot. all in all, like all medicines, it works for some, doesnt work for others.

i used it for about 2 years.. and it worked like a charm.

I also never had one blood test.. before, during or after the treatment.... i look back and think how stupid that was of my doctor... Maybe i should sue her.

I eventually stopped taking it because i couldnt take the year round chapped lips... it got to be too much. And needless to say, my acne came back.

Took it awhile back, cleared up, then it came back, i was part of the 10% it doesn't clear....just finished the second dose, and its looking good right now. Use lots of lotion and chapstick, my skin isn't too dry anymore, but i still go through a tube of chapstick in about two, three weeks, and i can't go anywhere without chapstick. Side affects didn't make me depressed or anything, thats a really small percent, and whenever you see the doctor they ask you tons of questions to make sure your not depressed or some shit. I recommend it personally, but it isn't cheap.

i just finished up a 6 month treatment and my skin has improved dramatically...I look fly now. I made myself stop taking it because my face is cleared up and I just have to give it a few months for the staining from the acne to go away. It dired my face out REALLY bad though...since now its winter and the air is much drier my face started to crack to the point that it would expose raw skin and it would bleed a little..but other than its good stuff..just buy alot of blistex.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

i just finished up a 6 month treatment and my skin has improved dramatically...I look fly now. I made myself stop taking it because my face is cleared up and I just have to give it a few months for the staining from the acne to go away. It dired my face out REALLY bad though...since now its winter and the air is much drier my face started to crack to the point that it would expose raw skin and it would bleed a little..but other than its good stuff..just buy alot of blistex.

so if your face clears up you can stop taking, or did the doctor want you to keep on taking it and it was you choice to stop taking it.

and i just started taking it and i notice that my face has become really oily and i can see all the crap starting to come out of my skinn.

This is weird i hadnt heard any of this shit about it causing depression or anything until now. And i acctually have a full package of it in my cuboard thats been there for over a year, i never bothered taking it because it looked like it had too many side effects. My doctor never mentioned anything about that whole having blood tests every two weeks though. Either way im glad i didnt take, it sounds like it really messes you up. My doctor just gave me some vitamin A cream, stuff seems to work, and i havent seen any side effects... so far.

Archived