Any Thoughts?

Devilush

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems like someone over reacted. Guy goes up to cop with fire extinguisher.. cop freaks out... and shoots. Bullet hits guy in head.. guy dies. Sad - but maybe he should have went about things differently

(The both of them - but ya can't do anything about it now.)

i guess you shouldnt uffk around with those cops thats what i think. I wonder if theyre going to even get in any trouble im kinda doubting it. It seems like when they had that meeting in Canada it was more chill.

The sad truth...this is the New World Order..right here..the Great 8 Nations meet to further their hold on other nations.People protest..and they block off a city and keep them at bay..and use police to protect their intrests...shoot if neede be..It is sad..this is only going to continue and get worse..More and more people will be the have nots while the haves greedily hoard more of the earths resources and exploit the less fortunate.How do you justify killing someone with a fire extinguisher when you are in body armor, inside a fortress of a range rover?..Makes no sense to me.The murder rates at these events is only going to increase, unless they arm themselves the same as the police are armed..fair is fair, right?..Next time they have a world summitt they are trying to have it be on a ship so that no one will be able to protest...global corporations who are faceless, who coldly exploit the planet in the name of profit,and little regard for our future..

fuck the new world order.

First off, i have anti-globalization believes, and support the protests. But in spite of that you have to expect that to happen, if you are going up against people that are armed. I dont understand why people are bitching, i woulda shot him if i were the cop too, cuz u know if the cops had got outta the car they woulda been beaten severly. If a soldier goes to war, and is killed in action, there isnt an outcry like this. This protester was a soldier fighting for what he believed in, at least he died fighting and not on his knees. As for them running over him, i think they were just trying to get the hell outta there, before their vehicle got firebombed.

now the way i see it, there are basically two choices the protesters have if they share the same beliefs as i do about this incident and the future of these protest actions, either they can escalate the violence and arm themselves/use terrorist tactics.... or they go the route of the vast majority of protesters and practice civil disobediance/peaceful protest.

the G8 Summit- Leaders of the world's richest 8 nations..us,russia, europena union,italy,germany,britain,france,japan.

A meeting bent on shaping global control.basically.

They discuss topics such as :

population control, money laundering, drug smuggling, and how to best get over on the masses. It is the NEW WORLD ORDER.

I feel bad for him too, but he did die for a cause, and I do think we will see people better prepared to counterattack the police forces soon.This is why they want to take away any weapons we may have so we are defenseless against their goon squad police.

Recognize.

FOR MORE 411 ON THE G8

http://www.g7.utoronto.ca/

ouh now i feel so hip and in.

.like i should have the new issue of adbusters under my arm.. drinking my chai tea at some local place and throw the remains of the cup at starbucks as i pass by to go find a recycle bin..

ok.. im being sarcastic.

ok well thanks for the info.

now im going to read it.

thnks guys. for giving an old man a second chance to be bitter at the establishment.

"..what was this protest about.? i couldnt really get it from the images...."

mr. hope i always took you to be one of the "media savy, intellectual, criticizing, thought provoking, critical thinking, know what the fucking deal is" heads on this board....shit man it was front page in everything....you should read up on it...

...dev. i can only imagine how this is making that head of yours heavy, a dead 23 male dying for his beliefs....personally i dont know what to think...but ive been hearing one common theme, and this is it:

there are to many messages

there were hundreds of groups there protesting hundreds of different things...yes they seem to be making the news, and it seems that most people seem to think that if they are fighting that hard then something with the G8 is not right...but aside from that there needs to be more organization, there are too many factions, with too many messages...violence will work to an extent, but there certainly needs to be some kind of proclamation, defining in detail, legitimate concerns with the G8 and its globalization....cause ill clue everyone in, globalization has been around since alexander the great, and it is here to stay....so what about globalization...is it the 3rd world workers, the environment, locking in economies? there needs to be some kind of organization, atleast with maybe half of the groups, and there can be plenty of issues listed, and it can then be one voice...and the masses and the media will have an easier time understanding the protests....im afraid that certain aspects of the media may try to spin this as a bunch of troubled youths or angry disorientated people, and if the groups can be clear in their message then the media will not be able to distort it....groups like "the white overalls", will never ever sign anything, they are pure anarchists, bent on destruction...not to say its bad, it just has its place, but if you can even get half then you have a strong message to go with the violent tactics...i guess im kinda ramblin'...i feel really bad about the young man that was shot, and im sure he was run over in the panick...the guy is coming at them with a fire extinguisher, which is actually can be perceived as a tank of CO-2 with it contents under pressure and possible explosion that could ensue...did you know that they guy that killed him was only 20?...how do think that poor kid feels, he is in the middle of fucking mayhem with this angry protester in the hottest of spots, trying to figure out what to do, as chaos reigns around them, guns firing, people screaming, smoke and fire....i cant even begin to imagine what goes through your mind....i dunno know really what to say...like someone said earlier, you do take that risk....these protesters have seen what happened in seattle, dc, and the other places, they knew it was not gonna be a ghandi march...he died hopefelly for something he truly believed in, and in an ironic sense has probably given his cause more power and energy then if he were alive...and hopefully that makes it worth it....but it realy disturbs me and make my head heavy too....mE

=====edit cause i ramble and made to many mis-spellings==========yeah an edit again for poor choice of words==========edit again for getting my facts straight...lo siento mucho===========

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 077-224-3090).]

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 077-324-4000000).]

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 07-25-2001).]

Guest HESHIANDET

if you ask me money got broken off proper like.

i'm not saying this to be mean. I just don't feel like typing out a long winded reply.

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 07-24-2001).]

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

damn, mental

nice reply

reading the first part made me think of the whole "together we stand, divided we fall". i think half the problem is that there are too many people trying to achieve there specific goal. i mean it is like nobody is willing to comprimise a little for the greater good. like what if a group tries to achieve goals a, b, c, and d. i come along and am like, i agree with a, b, and d, but not c. im going to start my own group/movement, because i know better. then time, money, energy and resources get divided, again. same thing with medical research. i wonder how many fucking groups are working on a vure for cancer or whatever. eveery celebrity wants to start their own charity, so they can see their goal realized, and in the time, manor and fashion they see fit. feel me? im not sayin that noone shouldn't think outside of the box or outside of the lines, and that things dont need to change, improve and be done differently, but i think that people lose sight and arent willing to comprimise, and ideals get lost.

maybe im naïve, if so, please corrct me. i dont want to be ignorant. if i am wrong or erroneous in my thinking, edjumucate me.

and i also applaude you offering the other point of view. from the police perspective. i will never admit this again, but i wouldnt want that job. there is alot of responsibility and pressure that comes with the job and split second decisions are made. this doesnt excuse abuses of power and error, but i guess it was good to remember the other point of view.

i have been harrassed NUMEROUS times by police, based SIMPLY on the way i was dressed. i am a good kid. i work fulltime, go to school, been with my girl for 5 years, dont fuck around on her, pay my bills, dont drink, smoke, get high etc. etc. i was judged SIMPLY because of what i was wearing and not me, the person. how many times am i guilty of judging a cop simply because of what he is wearing (the uniform, the gun, the badge...). not that i am going to stop doing this, but i realize that i am guilty of the same thing. and forgetting that they are human. most of them

goddamn i digressed. i hope i made sense. i am typing as i think, so there are prolly holes in my logic.

my thoughts are rarely congruent, whatever that means.

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

jUST CURIOUS...HOW THE HELL WAS HE KILLED AND THERE WAS THAT MUCH BLOOD FROM A RUBBER BULLET?...sounds like bullshit to me

And I care not about that 20 yr old cop who shot him...why do you sympathize with the damn pigs...to helll with them.To justify something by saying it is a job still does not make it right.

Violence has it's place amongst these things..the leaders who were meeting have no second thoughts about authorizing the use of force against these people...so fuck them.

These are war pigs.

violent means to end a violent oppression.

jUST CURIOUS...HOW THE HELL WAS HE KILLED AND THERE WAS THAT MUCH BLOOD FROM A RUBBER BULLET?...sounds like bullshit to me

And I care not about that 20 yr old cop who shot him...why do you sympathize with the damn pigs...to helll with them.To justify something by saying it is a job still does not make it right.

Violence has it's place amongst these things..the leaders who were meeting have no second thoughts about authorizing the use of force against these people...so fuck them.

These are war pigs.

violent means to end a violent oppression.

gosh i didn't think that anyone on this forum, well except for a few people, would even give a rats ass about world news.

*mental invalid, you are my friend i'm telling ya. you don't know how much this is pissing me off and making me so sad at the same time. it is making my head heavy for a while now. but i wanted to tell ya that i had also thought about the perspective of the police man that had shot him. imagine his place now. or even imagine his place when it happened. i'm sure it was a last minute decision. the gun is a powerful thing, and unfortunately, in the wrong hands, it does a lot of hurt. imagine nowadays, you can't stand up for what you believe in anymore without even getting killed, which is the worst destiny. ugh...i hate all of it. the fact that the man was killed amist chaos, dies the wrong way. and then ran over by the police. i hate the fact that the police had to use this kinda of force (mental invalid, you know my stories that has kept me heavy headed). i'm not even happy about the whole g8 thing. but that's a different story. thanks guys for posting to this, i really appreciate all the responses.

Originally posted by T.T Boy:

the next g8 is in my home town... i wonder how that gonna go down...

Just curious, I know they have planned to have it held in Alberta, Canada next year, but has it been decided which city??

Guest WebsterUno

People prolly thought I was trying to be an ass again.

to sum it all up…

People are protesting cuzz

they dont want corporate mofos

running up on their spot building Micky Ds,

bringing NIKE to 3rd world countries,

using kids to make shoes,

its about the end of cultural differences,

while the rich get richer, and the poor stay…

webster

Robbin for the hood!

know-the-ledge!

Archived