Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

any runners?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Zack Morris, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

I have desided to start running/jogging because Zack Morris is getting really out of shape.

I also wouldn't mind putting a little meat on my elgs while I am at it. What are a few things that anyone on here that is into recreational running would give ad advice to build my endurance a little bit of muscles?

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

...........not if your dicks gonna be hanging out of your pants zacko.

you still want my friend to book that band for you?

3. Zack Morris

yes...we are thinking about doing it august 3rd...give me a few days to talk to some people in the band see if they are 100% sure they want to go out that weekend

4. avils

avils Senior Member

dude any form of running and cycling is a good work out for your legs.. you just got to make sure you keep a regular routine.. depending on how fit you already are, i'd suggest something like a 2 mile jog once a week and also a bike ride of about double that in the same week.. give that a go for a few weeks then increase it accordingly. i dont know much about dieting for muscle mass but i'm sure someone here does.

5. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

it took me a while to figure this word out. anyway, i just received your cd in the mail today. at first, i didn;t know who/what the hell tha package was from. then i felt a cd...then i was like..."ohhh yeah"

and not to be a bitch but damn, your handwriting is horrible.

not your handstyle, but your Handwriting.

me like those songs.

could i burn those songs for a friend if he likes it?

6. space

space Member

you should stretch before you go out... if you dont know to much about stretching ask around. and drink lots of water, and eat a lot of carbs. iont run anymore... but i know the drills...

7. Zack Morris

Re: Re: any runners?

burn as many copies as you want..and I like my messy handwriting.

8. avils

avils Senior Member

yo is this thread about running or your damn cd ? i feel cheated..

:mad:

9. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

sorry, it's my fault i posted about the cd here. i was going to bump the other thread, but zavl made another thread before i could bump it :crazy:

10. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

i've been running and working out, like every other day for the past month and a half. i went from 198lbs. to 180lbs. YAAAAAY!:cool:

11. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

Zack...
    first things first... make sure you stretch out completely and warm up a little before you start running, just to avoid injuries ... this includes your major leg muscles, abdomen and you should even do your armsshoulders..
    secondly, when your just starting, start slow and steady; so to do this you should start from your house or whatever your starting point will be and run like 5-10 minutes in one direction, turn around, and run the same amount of time in the reverse direction going back towards your starting point...

when you start getting better you can do upwards of like 20 or 25 minutes in each direction and after that you should be okay to change whatever you want

12. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

im a runner...i can run for miles.."on a machine" i run when i feel like it..
    i like to swim too.i noticed that one of my shirts stink more than the others when i swet in it..wierd.
    i dont think that cigarettes help any either..

13. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

i used to consider myself a good runner back in my senior year. we had to run a 10k and i worked a bunch of cross country kids wearing jerzees and expensive running shoes, i was just sporting surf shorts and skate shoes. :lol: now that i gaind a lot of weight since my leg being broken i run slow, but one of these days.....i'll be the greatest runner in the WORLD!!!! nah, probably not.

14. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I ran a marathon (26.2 miles) in January of 99. Since then, I haven't done anything longer than a 10k (6.2 miles). I want to get back into it, but I've been much too lazy lately. It's a fun and good way to work out .. just buy the walkman that straps onto your arms (yellow, made by Sony). Uhhm .. make sure you stretch for at least 5 minutes before AND after, and up your water intake a LOT. That will help keep you hydrated (think peeing once an hour, clear pee).

15. Zack Morris

thanks guys if anyone else has any info they would liek drop feel free

and thank you to those that already have added thier 2 cents