Any one else have a garden?

RumPuncher

Ahhh.... almost spring time!

I went down to a little asain market yesterday

and bought a tray of ivy plants to add to my jungle!

Anyone else out there in 12oz land grow anything

I've got a few window boxes going too and I think

the tulip bulbs made it though the winter.

now before the kids start making wise ass cracks,

keep in mind this thread isn't directed at the people

who still have to deal with detention or getting a learners permit.

This is for the quater century club who are feeling Saturn's Return.

I think I'll try planting morning glory vines again!

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/images/windowbox.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish.

but i have lots of plants!

YAY!! plants are dope!

i've got a few cacti, an aloe, my christmas tree i use every year (originally bought xmas 2001), a chiflera (sp?) that's about 5 feet tall, a few ferns, a couple african violets, a 'mother-in-law's tongue' and this other cool ass plant i can never remember the name of..

http://www.narada-and-prem.com/Chiflera.jpg'>

I'm in an appt too but the deck NEEDS to have some grenery.

I even cut some pieces of 'privacy lattice' to cover the bathrom window and I'm growing wines up over it. should be good!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Half my buildings roof is my garden at the seventh floor with a panoramic view of the city while being in the center of it...i have lots of trees and flowers but its kinda dark now for flicks...plus the snow fuckin killed half my shit, blah...gardening is dope, mind relaxing

Guest imported_Tesseract

its a tragedy...in my 25 years it had snowed downtown 5 times, one when i was 12 one when i was 17 and the last three years in a row....the climate is going crazy i'm telling ya!

dont imagine that we have snow wow, its like 3 days tops that you actually see the thing, still enough to kill the most sensitive garden members, RIP

i would love to have a garden!

me and the mr. and the baby live in an apt. so we cant actually plant anything, but we used to have 2 lil plants i got from the 99cent store that was sooooo cute and made me feel.. "happier" for some reason..... they lasted a good 3 months and they were growing and everything till i think we went on a trip for 4 days and when i got back i forgot to water them for a week and they died. :(

but back in hawaii i had sunflowers that were atleast 6 feet high.

this thread makes me jealous.

i look forward to the day that i can have a nice balcony garden. the jesuit clergy at my old university had really nice balcony gardens in their quaters (all overgrown and out of control). SUCH a cool environment....on oak-lined st. charles avenue, streetcars passing by...very very nice.

if i had the spcae i'd want a japanese garden. i have several books on the subject, and i want a reason to put them to use.

I try to grow a garden every year, don't know if I'll be able to do any spring stuff this year but I'll be starting some tomato and pepper plants indoor soon, and planting some squash, onions, and cucumbers when I move to the new place in late april.

kilo...since you're in an apartment...you just don't know how fucking evil ivy is. when I bought my house, the entire Northern side was covered with the shit. It was growing inside of the house. I had to repaint my entire house because of that shit.

ivy ranting aside...I'm trying to turn my backyard back into a yard instead of the jungle it has become. I spent most of the day yesterday getting rid of more ivy/vines. I've been trying to think of things to do with it...I just may go the rock garden / asian influence route. it'd look dope as hell...especially with my big deck.

oh yeah...I plan on planting some habeneros and thai chilis.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

things in our garden:

chayotes

habaneros (once caught some fool trying to steal some!)

roses

yerba buena

mint

tomatoes

limon tree

naranja tree

fig tree

almond (I think? it hasnt fully grown yet, but we think its two in one!)

various other plants...

I dont know if trees count for a garden. but we have 'em.

Ive heard that its good to have plants around

the house. Cleans the air, helps you breathe better?

So Ive heard.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by SteveAustin

oh yeah...I plan on planting some habeneros and thai chilis.

haha...we must have been typing at the same time.

I have some habaneros.

habaneros are expensive at the store.

so, watch out for theives!

dont plant your chiles in the front yard!

oh no..... is steveaustin scared of a little leafy ivy? :shook:

hahaha... I understand just how bad it can be.

There's some pieces trying to work their way into

the door frame and I have to rip them back.

I'm sure that the vines can get killer and do lots

of damange, but I'm renting, so I really dont give a fig tree.

Ther's basket ivy and planted ivy.

I'm going to buy like 4 more trays and plant them in the boxes all around my deck.

muwah-hahahaha!

for reals.... I'm going to leave my pad like this!

http://www.tintagelweb.co.uk/images/Boscastle%20Photos/The%20Ivy%20Clings.jpg'>

^^ ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have no idea how much I hate the stuff. its essentially got little feet on the vines that stick to everything....ah...I regress.

yeah dude...its aight...you don't own that place so have at it. I'll admit I like how it looks.

Webs...habs are definitely where its at. I'm not too worried about anyone stealing then. The gringos in my hood are awful pasty and quite frankly most will melt if they eat something as hot as the taco bell mild sauce. my dad used to grow jalapenos so hot that they would blister the inside of your mouth.

Mini-gardens are dope. I want one.

Mowing the lawn, weeding, grinding leaves/twigs/branches/other assorted shit, spreading mulch, handling manure, making sure tomato plants dont die on me and sweeping leaves are probably enough to guarantee that my future plant experience doesnt involve anything more than maybe an apartment balcony. Or maybe a really really really well planned Zen garden. As long as theres a fuckoff layer of concrete underneath it all so there are no weeds.

http://www.henrypaine.com/images/thum/details/Zen-Garden.jpg'>

wonk sajnin

get your rake skills on!

i want some of those jalepenos steve. it's so hard to find hot ones in the store anymore.

my parents have had a garden in the backyard of their home since we bought the place twenty five years ago. never could play sports in our yard.

i haven't kept the tradition alive unfortunately, but i think i have just been inspired to go clear out some of the crap out back of where i am living and plant some veg once the frost goes this year.

Archived