any junglists rollin?

none

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dieselboy sucks, hands down.

Now, when we are talking High Contrast, Andy C [on the poppy side], Dom & Roland, Mason out of Philly, Mathematics, I could go on... thats good shit.

And excuse me seeking, I do enjoy boh'ing the selector as I come inside the ride.

Hahah. :biglaugh:

i'm just obsessed with break beats and evil, distorted bass..... something about it gets my blood pumping. i haven't been exposed to a lot of it though. i like Capone, Dillinja, Bad Company, etc. i'm not sure if there's a definitive difference between jungle and drum-n-bass, but whatever.

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 14 2004, 09:38 AM

dieselboy might suck now, but 95 supreme is the jump off.

seriously, jungle is so fucking dated. it's like wearing a neon colored ski suit, looking like you stepped out of a white people newport ad from 89.

Dated? So, does that mean hiphop that was created in the mid ninties is dated also? Personally, I dont think so. New forms of drum and bass are being created all the time, the music keeps changing, the people are getting older and more mature, drugs arent the main purpose of dnb weeklies [i wont say raves, cause I dont know how those are doing right now]. Drum n bass is kinda like Madonna's changing career or religion. Yes. Good analogy.

Anyway, I hear you, people have different tastes. That music always gets me pumped to dance, just like some of you are to hardcore, some to gangster rap, etc.

as i said, i didnt even know if new jungle was being made, but when i look at it...'jungle' is like 'rave' to me. it's like 'happy hardcore' or 'gabber' or 'garage' or any of the other really fucking annoying sub genres of dance music. maybe i'm wrong, maybe people are doing really cool new exciting things with jungle, but last i checked, they were still using the same 4 drum breaks over and over and over and over.

and i never got the difference between jungle and drum n bass.

i'm voting for whichever has the least annoying fake jamaicans rapping (badly) over it.

since ive spent the last few posts bashing it, if there was some really evil jungle, ala: come to daddy, i'd be down for that shit. i've got some doormouse and other random noisecore stuff that i like. i never really thought of it as jungle though. evil is good though. love is gay.

nicky blackmarket, dj marky, bad company, arch angel, juju, technical itch, omni trio, machete, london electricity, john b, klute, pieter k, marcus intalex, kennyken, andyc, congo natty, concord dawn, ed rush, dylan, myster mason, groove armada, goldie, calibre, high contrast, freakyflow, mathematics, bigbud.

I'm down with the jungle, but like buddyboy, I'm not into the scene, what's good, etc. I'm not a poser, though. I'll hit a jungle party no problem, but I don't rock it in the headphones.

*dark jungle is the only kind, if you ask me. I used to be all into dnb back in '92/'93. But I was more into house and hip hop back then.

oops. my bad. ha.

there should be a check box that girls have to tick off before they can post, that gives us specific info on their dating status just so we can avoid mix ups like this.

gatita,

i was just kiddin girl. i didnt mean no offense. 'bang' is local slang for 'hang out an talk about the rinse'. my bad.

seeks/haha.fuckit.com

Evol Intent are live,Pendulum are from Australia, their remix of bacteria (originally by Ed Rush and Optical) is absolute shite tho.

Teebee is smashing it, Calyx, Hive, Future Cut,Konflict (aka Kemal and Rob Data), noisia...i can't think of many right now.

seeking....if you hate jungle so much why do you feel so inclined to reply to this thread?

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 14 2004, 04:03 PM

seeking is way too opinionated for his own good. well, for this, and other threads' own good, anyway.

true, true.

Raiden is pretty good if you're into that dark shit. particularly '44calibre killer', 'all out war','pitbull attack' and another tune out on frequency recordings which i can't fuckin remember the name of.

goldkey.jpg

I used to spin jungle and can appreciate all the sub genres.

Jump up (aphrodite) is played out and has been for years.

Ragga (congo natty) is some classic shit, but dont over do it.

Darkcore/Techcore (ram trillogy) is the menace beat that scares kids.

A well rounded dj/producer (KENNY KEN) can mix them all up and more.

yes... Kenny Ken is the best in the genre... period.

(with shouts to dillinja on the production side)