any gamblers?

freeze

alright, that poker song thread got me curious. besides my ass, are there any "real" gamblers in here? by "real" i mean one who's always willing to throw down serious cash on a roll of the dice or a deal of the cards. that's how i got my ass through high school and college, fuck a job, i just took money off all the kids who did have jobs. if there are any bettors in here, what's your game? just a little curiousity flowing...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to gamble alot. A few big losses has cut my appetite for the easy money but I used to play Lucky 9's with some "independent businessmen"and a hundreds of dollars would be exchanged on each hand. It was so serious that you would have to watch out for these fools trying to false shuffle on you . No joke. Good thing I got out of that with my shirt.

A Gambling anecdote.

My grandpa was a poker player in the 1920's and 30's. He was the first guy in his town to own an automobile. The most he had ever won was when he was playing poker and won his ememy's mortgage. The stakes kept getting bigger and biiger until buddy threw the deed to his house into the pot. I have been told this story by my grandma, my grandpa, and various other relatives. But being the compassionate guy he was, he didn't take the deed. His own words: "How can you send a man home to his family to tell them that he lost their house in a card game?".

effyoo - good stories kid, glad to hear that there's someone else out there like me, and i'm not the only head willing to lose a month or more's salary in one hand of cards. i've heard stories like the one about your grandpa several times, both ending like how your grandpa was the good guy and flipped like he actually took the dude's house.

i've finally come to the conclusion though that i keep everything that i win. i did come to this decision rationally though, not just to be a dick. but the way that i look at it is like this. if you put the money/collateral on the table, you're the one putting it up for grabs...and i always have to flip the situation, like if i lost, would this fucker give me back whatever i bet? probably not, and even if he did, where's the sport in the gambling? the final kicker in my decision to keep everything i win though came when i let this guy slide on over $1,000 his drunk ass lost to me in poker (cash no less) because it was every penny he owned and he owed rent, child support, and a car payment, not to mention food. then i found out two days later his bitch ass got himself into another game (after i made him swear that if i let his debt to me slide that he'd stay out of the game for a while) and lost that same $1,000 to a guy who actually kept it. i just kept thinking that $1,000 should've been in my fucking pocket. it took me that situation, plus many more personal ones, that you can't keep gamblers from gambling, so you better be keeping what you win, because one day you'll lose to someone who's playing for keeps and all those winnings will come in handy.

wow, okay, sorry for the roundabout rant, but i was intrigued by your stories. oh, and poker and blackjack are my games, those and a bunch of obscure dice variations. if you don't mind, tell me your best gambling story, good or bad, that actually happened to you. i love the war stories. "i'd wish you luck, but in our game, it isn't about luck..."peace.

oh, and vinyl, props to you for being able to stay out of the game when the money's not there. you're lucky to have that type of control when it comes to betting. if i had even half of the control it seems you do, i'd be a rich, rich man.

friday night is poker night, good money on the table.

$5-$10 seven cards all up,make what u can w/ 5 cards.

Shit gets pretty good. My record winnings was about 200 bucks

But it suks when i dont win.

I also play scratch-offs, but they never put out.

Archived